By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony is going to mess up this Gen

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

So first sentence is basically you saying that you'll leave the site when PS5 starts dominating the news?

And for the exclusivity, Sony haven`t announced a new game in like 2 years since GoT. So unless you think over 10 studios are sitting idly then it is very possible that 5 to 10 exclusives will launch on PS5 only in the first couple years of the system. And those are going to be revealed when PS5 is formally unveiled.

MS would have to mess up 2013 proportions for me to go back to my bunker haha.  And I’m sure the games exist. But again they aren’t official. Right now Series X has 4 announced titles to PS5s 0. Until that changes I’m not wrong to say that. 

Not really surprising. MS has always come out strong during a new gen I don't expect things to be any different this time around. The issue has always been the mid-end gen. Part of the reason I left after 360.

Sony always starts off slow but always delivers. They also have higher highs than MS seems to be able to reach. Seems every gen Sony is releasing a must buy game.

Around the Network

By tomorrow this thread will be in "bump for the lulz" territory. PS5 will be 2070 Super comparable, at a cheaper price point, and way the hell more games. Series X will sell 45-50 million units, and PS5 will sell 75-80 million units. Add 20 million if Sony keeps exclusives as exclusive, and ditches the Horizon experiment.

Cerebralbore101 said:
By tomorrow this thread will be in "bump for the lulz" territory. PS5 will be 2070 Super comparable, at a cheaper price point, and way the hell more games. Series X will sell 45-50 million units, and PS5 will sell 75-80 million units. Add 20 million if Sony keeps exclusives as exclusive, and ditches the Horizon experiment.

I don’t think anybody in this thread made a solid argument that Sony would “mess up”. We’re really only talking just how big the gap will be. You think Series X/Lockhart will sell the same as XB1 lifetime sales despite having none of the PR disaster of the XB1? Not likely 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Cerebralbore101 said:

Why by tomorrow? What announcement is expected?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

sales2099 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

I don’t think anybody in this thread made a solid argument that Sony would “mess up”. We’re really only talking just how big the gap will be. You think Series X/Lockhart will sell the same as XB1 lifetime sales despite having none of the PR disaster of the XB1? Not likely 

They no longer have true exclusives (this might be the same for Sony three years from now, but still). Sony has upped it's 1st party game. Sony is no longer coming off a weak generation. MS is coming off a weak generation. Despite getting Outer Worlds devs, and Ninja Theory MS is still entirely outclassed in 1st party content by Sony.

Around the Network
method114 said:
sales2099 said:

MS would have to mess up 2013 proportions for me to go back to my bunker haha.  And I’m sure the games exist. But again they aren’t official. Right now Series X has 4 announced titles to PS5s 0. Until that changes I’m not wrong to say that. 

Not really surprising. MS has always come out strong during a new gen I don't expect things to be any different this time around. The issue has always been the mid-end gen. Part of the reason I left after 360.

Sony always starts off slow but always delivers. They also have higher highs than MS seems to be able to reach. Seems every gen Sony is releasing a must buy game.

That’s true, Sony has a great gen over gen track record. I’m hoping Playground, Obsidian, Ninja Theory, The Initiative, and the rumoured acquisitions this year will cure that Xbox mid gen exclusive drought that always seems to happen.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
method114 said:

I’m hoping Playground, Obsidian, Ninja Theory, The Initiative, and the rumoured acquisitions this year will cure that Xbox mid gen exclusive drought that always seems to happen.

Me and you both the industry as a whole is much better off if both Sony and MS are releasing great games. The only one who will be hurting from this in my house is my wallet. Well maybe me if my wife sees how much I spend on gaming.

Cerebralbore101 said:

Hmmm interesting... Should we bump for the lulz.

It's hard to mess up when MS hasn't showed a single thing that could threaten Sony sales.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Dont know if this topic should be necro bumped.. But feels good to be on this side of the fence of how sony is messing it up, sure they can pull it back, nothing along the lines of MS DRM.. but that was my point MS has been consistently generating positive press for series X, but yet Some people dismissed sony staying silent as a confidence thing that they didnt need to as they are the market leader, yet they ignored the fact they are the market leader for current gen not next gen.

This whole PS5 GDC talk shows how lost sony are, why in the world you would do tech deep dive meant devs and invite without revealing the key console features to general audience?
Secondly I said in my post if PS5 is inferior to series x they should just come out say it and deal with the negative press early on, but here we are Sony found brilliant way to shoot themselves in the foot by doing a tech deep dive just a day after Xbox had their blow out. I mean why would you even announce your tech specs a day after your competition reveal their far superior console specs.

And just to clarify.. I freaking love PS5. but right now sony seems like acting cocky or clueless.. lets see how optimistic you guys can right now