Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo PS5: 4K Resolution is Enough, Looking Into Higher Than 60fps - Kazunori Yamauchi

Tagged games:

What do you think

Yes 2 6.45%
 
That's to much 3 9.68%
 
I dont mind the games running at 30 fps 0 0.00%
 
Make it 120 fps with 4k with PS4 graphic 3 9.68%
 
Make it 60 fps 4k with be... 23 74.19%
 
Total:31

I've been really into GT Sport lately. Playing it every day. So much stuff to do in that game compared to when it launched. I hope Gran Turismo is ready early in PS5's life cycle. Ideally as a launch title so sales can return to an upward trajectory.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

That’s what Spencer is saying, it’s much more noticeable to have a smoother picture then higher poly counts. Because he’s right, the gen over gen leaps in graphics will never be as vast as they were 15+ years ago.



Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

 

sales2099 said:
That’s what Spencer is saying, it’s much more noticeable to have a smoother picture then higher poly counts. Because he’s right, the gen over gen leaps in graphics will never be as vast as they were 15+ years ago.

I don't agree with him at all. The games won't even be at 60fps the next gen, only some of them.



Otter said:
BraLoD said:
I don't believe people actually expect AAA games to be 8K... that's bananas.
I also don't believe a single AAA game will be over 4K60fps, I actually expect some to struggle with it and stick with 4K30fps to focus on graphics, as it has always been.
120fps only if its PS4 GT Sport, not GT7, I guarantee it.

Spoiler alert. Most games built for next systems will focus on graphics and not even achieve native 4k. 

Still GT for certainty will be 4K on PS5, GTS on PS4Pro is near that already.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Keiji said:
sales2099 said:
That’s what Spencer is saying, it’s much more noticeable to have a smoother picture then higher poly counts. Because he’s right, the gen over gen leaps in graphics will never be as vast as they were 15+ years ago.

I don't agree with him at all. The games won't even be at 60fps the next gen, only some of them.

You don’t think 4K 60 FPS will be a standard? I mean if the Xbox X can do 4K 30fps I’d like to think the next gen can make it happen 



Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Keiji said:

I don't agree with him at all. The games won't even be at 60fps the next gen, only some of them.

You don’t think 4K 60 FPS will be a standard? I mean if the Xbox X can do 4K 30fps I’d like to think the next gen can make it happen 

Devs preffer to use the power to graphics, 60fps have been possible since PS1 or earlier yet they never choose it as standard.

Same will happen next gen, some genres will be mostly 60fps while the majority of games will be 30fps.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

sales2099 said:
Keiji said:

I don't agree with him at all. The games won't even be at 60fps the next gen, only some of them.

You don’t think 4K 60 FPS will be a standard? I mean if the Xbox X can do 4K 30fps I’d like to think the next gen can make it happen 

No I don't think it will be a standard. There are very few games at native 4K on Xbox X and PS4 Pro. So for next gen the devs will try to have at least native 4K on games and 30fps. It's always been like that in the console world : 30fps was the target for the majority and the rest of the power go to the graphics.



sales2099 said:
Keiji said:

I don't agree with him at all. The games won't even be at 60fps the next gen, only some of them.

You don’t think 4K 60 FPS will be a standard? I mean if the Xbox X can do 4K 30fps I’d like to think the next gen can make it happen 

4k 60fps will only be the standard on cross gen games. Xbox1X is rendering games built for Xbox1S specs in mind, similar to how PS4 Pro can only really render remastered like TLOU & Skyrim at native 4k.

The minute devs start releasing titles centred around next gen hardware (many are already making next gen exclusives-Elderscrolls for example), resolution and frame rates will take a hit as they actually look to deliver next gen visuals which are far beyond anything that has run on either Pro or One X.



DonFerrari said:
Otter said:

Spoiler alert. Most games built for next systems will focus on graphics and not even achieve native 4k. 

Still GT for certainty will be 4K on PS5, GTS on PS4Pro is near that already.

I rather have dynamic lighting and weather for all tracks than native 4K. I would settle for 2560x2160 at 60 fps for dynamic weather and day/night cycles. It's all pre-baked lighting now, very pretty but static, causing the game to be over 100 GB already. I race a lot and it would be awesome if one of the race slots would reflect the actual time of day and weather at the track when you enter.



We will have 4K/60fps next gen, but no, it will not be a standard. Keep expectations in check.