By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NVIDIA GeForce Now streams your PC collection for FREE

TomaTito said:

Tested it yesterday on my laptop via wifi and the connection was unstable.

Also you have to install titles one by one, each game link is an access to a remote desktop were you install the game (and only that game) via the store of choice. Strange you can't link your accounts, see the compatible titles and select which ones to install.

Seems like they need to improve the service =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I hope they have $$$ to market this right. One issue I see is consumers getting confused by "buying a game on steam vs streaming it". Many don't understand what streaming really is in terms of technology, they see streaming as having a collection of "free" stuff available to click and use = Netflix, Apple Music.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

DonFerrari said:
TomaTito said:

Tested it yesterday on my laptop via wifi and the connection was unstable.

Also you have to install titles one by one, each game link is an access to a remote desktop were you install the game (and only that game) via the store of choice. Strange you can't link your accounts, see the compatible titles and select which ones to install.

Service might need improved but I'm putting money on WiFi being main culprit to blame. You only get a fraction of speed internet providers tell you what you are supposed to be getting through wifi. You only get your true speed through Ethernet.

I'm guessing he would have better experience if he hooked his laptop up to Ethernet. That kind of defeats convenience purpose though.  If you have 1 gb download speed through Ethernet you probably won't even get to 100 mb on wifi. If you have only 100 mb download then you probably are only getting 15-30 mb through WiFi.  That's the case for most routers provided by ISPs here in USA.  There might be some bad ass router that can give you better wifi but wifi will always be less than Ethernet.

sethnintendo said:
DonFerrari said:

Service might need improved but I'm putting money on WiFi being main culprit to blame. You only get a fraction of speed internet providers tell you what you are supposed to be getting through wifi. You only get your true speed through Ethernet.

I'm guessing he would have better experience if he hooked his laptop up to Ethernet. That kind of defeats convenience purpose though.  If you have 1 gb download speed through Ethernet you probably won't even get to 100 mb on wifi. If you have only 100 mb download then you probably are only getting 15-30 mb through WiFi.  That's the case for most routers provided by ISPs here in USA.  There might be some bad ass router that can give you better wifi but wifi will always be less than Ethernet.

I was talking more about the need to install games and things like that. Instead of like linking your Steam acc, facebook, etc and it loading your library based on that and you just choosing the game you want to play.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
sethnintendo said:

I was talking more about the need to install games and things like that. Instead of like linking your Steam acc, facebook, etc and it loading your library based on that and you just choosing the game you want to play.

Lol oh sorry I was solely focused on first sentence because that would make it unplayable to me.

Those other issues sound like they could use improvement also. 

Around the Network

Sounds good. If I had a decent PC library, I might give it a try. But, I am mostly a console gamer.....

Installed GerForce Now on my old Remix Mini, paired my Pro controller.

Android TV box is connected by LAN so connection this time around works way better and I can finally see the titles I added so far
(wasn't working yesterday)

Image is cropped for some reason, but response time was good enough.

twintail said:

Can I use mods?

If not then this is a non starter for me.

As I mentioned before, when you first link a title you need to install the game through remote desktop as you would on your own PC via Steam.

Since you have access to a desktop, pretty sure you could use Steam mods.

Last edited by TomaTito - on 08 February 2020

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Barkley said:

Unfortunately it had strict bandwidth requirements when I tried it in Beta.

I get around 75mbit download speed, for some reason to Nvidia's servers I only get ~30-35mbit. Apparently this isn't enough for 1080p streaming in their opinion so I was locked to 720p. It needs configurable bitrate.

Edit: Still have it installed from Beta so I gave the test another run to see if it's improved. Nope, still locking me to 720p with a 38mbit connection to their servers.

Latency of 9ms is great for cloud gaming, but 38mbit not being enough for above 720p@60fps is crazy, and I should be getting more than 38mbit anyway.

This is my test from my humble android box.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Ka-pi96 said:
Sounds like garbage. 1 hour session length? What kind of a joke is that? Can't say I've ever played a PC game with the intention of playing only for an hour or less. Even if it saves your game for you before booting you out it would still be incredibly annoying, and if it doesn't save... why even bother?

If you are playing on your cellphone for free then 1h seems like an average reasonable time for commute.

Ka-pi96 said:
DonFerrari said:

If you are playing on your cellphone for free then 1h seems like an average reasonable time for commute.

I still can't think of a single game that would be satisfying to play for less than an hour. Plus, if it takes you an hour to get to work each day then you should probably move.

If it would take less than 1h then this limit is enough.

And we are talking about free so some limits would apply, it is strange that they aren't putting adds in between the gaming session or using the bottom of the screen the whole time.