By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Platinum Games will Open a Kickstarter on Monday for a Wonderful 101 Port to Switch and PS4 (COMFIRMED!)

Tagged games:

Otter said:
animegaming said:

https://www.dualshockers.com/capcom-only-has-152-in-their-bank-account-plans-to-invest-more-into-the-dlc-market/

Only 152m in their bank account and they can't afford to make Street Fighter V? Lol, I'm sorry but this is nonsense. Street Fighter is literally the safest title they released the whole gen sans Monster Hunter. They could absolutely finance it, its not some crazy AAA new IP which cost 60m and 4 years of production. Especially over whatever else was in the pipeline which was seemingly console exclusive (Dead Rising-MS), Deep Down (Sony).

They were playing it safe, which is not a crime but lets not say they couldn't afford to make SFV

You do realize that a company that has thousands of employees from all over the world, only having 152 million dollars is kind dire?

Hell the launch state of SFV is kind of proof that the game must have had a pretty low budget due to Capcom's financial state at the time.

Also why do you think early in this gen they kept made mostly exclusives and remasters? Because with a 152 million dollars that can only make at most a few AAA games, they had to take some paychecks from MS and Sony to make some actual new games.

Around the Network

Not to mention a whole company to run and overhead. Even with Sony funding. SFV launched in a sorry state and sold below expectations the first year or two.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

animegaming said:
Otter said:

Only 152m in their bank account and they can't afford to make Street Fighter V? Lol, I'm sorry but this is nonsense. Street Fighter is literally the safest title they released the whole gen sans Monster Hunter. They could absolutely finance it, its not some crazy AAA new IP which cost 60m and 4 years of production. Especially over whatever else was in the pipeline which was seemingly console exclusive (Dead Rising-MS), Deep Down (Sony).

They were playing it safe, which is not a crime but lets not say they couldn't afford to make SFV

You do realize that a company that has thousands of employees from all over the world, only having 152 million dollars is kind dire?

Hell the launch state of SFV is kind of proof that the game must have had a pretty low budget due to Capcom's financial state at the time.

Also why do you think early in this gen they kept made mostly exclusives and remasters? Because with a 152 million dollars that can only make at most a few AAA games, they had to take some paychecks from MS and Sony to make some actual new games.

You haven't countered my point.

And to contextualise everything, capcom would have made around 40m-60m in the first 2 days of Monster Hunter 4's Ultimate's release, assuming they pocket 30-50% of its retail value. Again, Its not to say Capcom was in a great Financial situation, its to say they could absolutely finance Street Fighter V by themselves. whereas you are saying they literally couldn't afford its production cost. 

Hynad said:
Dulfite said:

You win the internet for the day!

#artsylesovergraphics

Good thing PS4 games often have both style and graphics.

What an ignorant comment.

Not nearly as much art style differences and colors as Nintendo games. Sony games are usually just realistic art styles rather than imaginative. And I'm aware there are exceptions, I'm talking about most of their big games.

Might just be a port of the game to the Switch. I mean the Switch is very prominent in the picture. The PS4 controller is kinda tucked on the side of the screen in the backround. Might just be something he had on his desk. I just never heard a single Sony fan ask for this game on the PS4 like some did with Bayonetta 2. And how much would someone used to the PS4 even pay for this game? 20 bucks at most I would say. They even bundled Bayonetta and Vanquish together with a steelbook and that's not even a full price release. Also is the calendar supposed to refer to Kickstarter?

Around the Network
Otter said:
animegaming said:

You haven't countered my point.

And to contextualise everything, capcom would have made around 40m-60m in the first 2 days of Monster Hunter 4's Ultimate's release, assuming they pocket 30-50% of its retail value. Again, Its not to say Capcom was in a great Financial situation, its to say they could absolutely finance Street Fighter V by themselves. whereas you are saying they literally couldn't afford its production cost. 

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ono-says-no-budget-for-street-fighter-v/1100-6411507/

Is it enough?

Has Nintendo ever sold an IP? Besides the ones attached to sold studios like Rare of course.

It's an honest question, I really don't recall them ever doing something similar. And for this to happen, Nintendo either sold TW101 IP to Platinum... or they have so little confidence in a TW101 port that they are allowing Platinum to fund them themselves and allow them to launch it on non Nintendo systems to make more profit.

Both possibilities seem unlikely, but the later is just ridiculous...

Vodacixi said:
Has Nintendo ever sold an IP? Besides the ones attached to sold studios like Rare of course.

It's an honest question, I really don't recall them ever doing something similar. And for this to happen, Nintendo either sold TW101 IP to Platinum... or they have so little confidence in a TW101 port that they are allowing Platinum to fund them themselves and allow them to launch it on non Nintendo systems to make more profit.

Both possibilities seem unlikely, but the later is just ridiculous...

Well have they ever done partnerships like they did with Platinum before the WiiU?

RolStoppable said:
KLXVER said:

Well have they ever done partnerships like they did with Platinum before the WiiU?

Sure, Eternal Darkness comes to mind immediately. The Last Story in the following generation.

I probably should have remembered that happening to one of my favorite games of all time.lol

Dulfite said:
Hynad said:

Good thing PS4 games often have both style and graphics.

What an ignorant comment.

Not nearly as much art style differences and colors as Nintendo games. Sony games are usually just realistic art styles rather than imaginative. And I'm aware there are exceptions, I'm talking about most of their big games.

It could very much be said that Nintendo’s games are usually just their usual cartoon art style rather than imaginative...

Neither bother me personally, I enjoy most every styles when done well.

Are you condemning movie makers for going with real actors?

You are simply being openly biased for Nintendo, and as I see it, it prevents you from being objective. 

Last edited by Hynad - on 02 February 2020