By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Platinum Games will Open a Kickstarter on Monday for a Wonderful 101 Port to Switch and PS4 (COMFIRMED!)

Tagged games:

Seems like a smashing success. I have the game on the WiiU. Never resonated with me personally, but happy to see it get some more love. Just hope Platinum delivers and don't end up becoming like Mighty No. 9 or Shenmue 3.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Barkley said:

So why is this thread about a game no one bought and no one has talked about in years going to have over 250 posts? At this rate the Kickstarter is going to outgross the original game.

Because @TomaTito put a troll post in here and that got people to talk about colors.

Just wanted to discuss colours, nothing to do with colors.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

So how much has been raised so far?

John2290 said:
Woah, they just had a massive investment from tencent. This ia shady shit and people are absolute fools for supporting this, it's going to be another practice that will hurt everyone.

Fucking tencent. Theyre gonna own the whole industry soon...

KLAMarine said:

Around $1.16 Million.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Seems like a smashing success. I have the game on the WiiU. Never resonated with me personally, but happy to see it get some more love. Just hope Platinum delivers and don't end up becoming like Mighty No. 9 or Shenmue 3.

In this case we pretty much know what the final product will be like.  The content itself is good, so it's just a matter of not fucking up the port.

John2290 said:
Woah, they just had a massive investment from tencent. This ia shady shit and people are absolute fools for supporting this, it's going to be another practice that will hurt everyone.

Generally, investments come with strings attached, not just "do whatever you want with it".

I like this part of the interview in particular:

It seems surprising that Nintendo has allowed the game to appear on other platforms. Why is that?

Kamiya: We don’t really know! (Laughs) They were really nice about it.

Inaba: Platinum has a really good relationship with Nintendo. We’ve been with Nintendo from the very beginning and we’ve released a lot of games with them, including Astral Chain which recently released and was a big success. So I think it’s largely thanks to our relationship with Nintendo that they kind of decided to give us a break. I think it’s our history that it’s largely attributed to. We were quite surprised ourselves. This is usually not something that is allowed in the games industry. We see it as a very unique opportunity that Nintendo has given us and we’re pleased to have it.

GoOnKid said:

It seems surprising that Nintendo has allowed the game to appear on other platforms. Why is that?

Inaba: Platinum has a really good relationship with Nintendo. We’ve been with Nintendo from the very beginning and we’ve released a lot of games with them, including Astral Chain which recently released and was a big success. So I think it’s largely thanks to our relationship with Nintendo that they kind of decided to give us a break. I think it’s our history that it’s largely attributed to. We were quite surprised ourselves. This is usually not something that is allowed in the games industry. We see it as a very unique opportunity that Nintendo has given us and we’re pleased to have it.

Been said before but this seems to confirm. Nintendo values PG a lot and will do anything to keep good relations with them, even if it means doing this one odd off-kilter thing.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Mar1217 said:
KLAMarine said:

Near the first million.

Barkley said:
KLAMarine said:

Around $1.16 Million.

Sounding like excellent progress.

Leynos said:
GoOnKid said:

Been said before but this seems to confirm. Nintendo values PG a lot and will do anything to keep good relations with them, even if it means doing this one odd off-kilter thing.

I agree.  It's a win-win situation for Nintendo since they already had little faith in the IP: if it fails, they still gain a lot of goodwill with Platinum for no effort or cost and if it succeeds, they can still finance an exclusive sequel.

Last edited by wombat123 - on 04 February 2020