By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Platinum Games will Open a Kickstarter on Monday for a Wonderful 101 Port to Switch and PS4 (COMFIRMED!)

Tagged games:

vkaraujo said:

Guys..... this is shady as f***

3 months from now? They can't even put kickstarters name at credits. This port is already finished!

I like Platinum and loved W101, but using kickstart to sell is just not right and can create a huge problem. Kickstarting a game gives you several less rights than buying it normally, just look at games that were kickstarted with a steam version, but went EPIC exclusive later.

This is NOT all right.

It is pretty obvious that at least the Switch port is already finished, due to the significant difference in funding between that and the PC/PS4 ports.

Didn't know the bit about the KS names on the credits, that makes it more obvious.

Around the Network
vkaraujo said:

3 months from now? They can't even put kickstarters name at credits. This port is already finished!

I like Platinum and loved W101, but using kickstart to sell is just not right and can create a huge problem. Kickstarting a game gives you several less rights than buying it normally, just look at games that were kickstarted with a steam version, but went EPIC exclusive later.

This is NOT all right.

Apart from Shem, I've yet to see EG secure more Asian games. If Platinum decides to make it EGS exclusive, they'll lose me as a customer, though I highly doubt they will make a deal with EG. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
vkaraujo said:

This is NOT all right.

Apart from Shem, I've yet to see EG secure more Asian games. If Platinum decides to make it EGS exclusive, they'll lose me as a customer, though I highly doubt they will make a deal with EG. 

I don't think that will happen either, just wanted to point out the differences between actually buying something and kickstarting it, consumer rights wise.

If you buy/pre-order something for steam/ps4 and the game ends up not there, most companies will just refund since pretty much every consumer law in the planet will protect you. The same doesn't apply to when you kickstart.

Who knows what else could happen in this situation. You will either NOT be considered a consumer at all, just a supporter who gave money willingly, or if you take this to court and prove you were actually buying it through there, you hurt the whole kickstart scene so needed by indie devs.

I totally think Platinum dropped the ball here. Even if they are not abusive of this in any manner, it opens a door that shouldn't exist.

vkaraujo said:

I don't think that will happen either, just wanted to point out the differences between actually buying something and kickstarting it, consumer rights wise.

If you buy/pre-order something for steam/ps4 and the game ends up not there, most companies will just refund since pretty much every consumer law in the planet will protect you. The same doesn't apply to when you kickstart.

Who knows what else could happen in this situation. You will either NOT be considered a consumer at all, just a supporter who gave money willingly, or if you take this to court and prove you were actually buying it through there, you hurt the whole kickstart scene so needed by indie devs.

I totally think Platinum dropped the ball here. Even if they are not abusive of this in any manner, it opens a door that shouldn't exist.

Oh for sure, point away. I just feel that EG isn't really all that bothered with Japanese titles, primarily because of their weird and shitty stance on "lewd" not being allowed, but they're totally okay for violence and gore. They've seemingly ignored Asian deals over EU/some Western ones, which strikes as odd, because you'd think they'd want to make deals with Asia, but apparently just China with Tencent. 

At this point in the games industry, I just think that Investors/bigger companies have now become the new, core "customer", with us being sideline cash whales. I mean, just look at the shitty deals and cut content that's been happening over the past 10 yrs, the studios shut down because some fat cat investors were not so happy that they didn't make a few extra million, it's utterly appalling to see how well treated and respected investors are these days over general customers. 

My one hope, is that Platinum doesn't start making deals with EG, because if that happens, their general respect goes right out the window for me, along with Blizz, Acti, Ubisoft, Konami, bethesda etc. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Immersiveunreality said:
Alcyon said:
Most of you seem to forget one thing: a company doesn't aim for profit but for a good balance between the MAXIMUM profit and the MINIMAL amount of risks. If Nintendo (and Tencent) are considering that the game isn't worth the investment, they won't spend money there; but Platinium might consider it worth for various reasons.

Oh and there isn't any risk for the customer, they'll get a copy of the game.

Like those that preordered Warcraft reforged,never any risk right?But ofcourse it is up to the people to decide what they themselves invest in,still if the investment is partly shifted to the consumer for a product that partly or does not exist yet then it is never riskless.

Why are we comparing a simple port of an HD game released a few years ago to come out on modern devices to a game many years old, not HD, and promised to have significant graphical improvements? 

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Like those that preordered Warcraft reforged,never any risk right?But ofcourse it is up to the people to decide what they themselves invest in,still if the investment is partly shifted to the consumer for a product that partly or does not exist yet then it is never riskless.

Why are we comparing a simple port of an HD game released a few years ago to come out on modern devices to a game many years old, not HD, and promised to have significant graphical improvements? 

Unbalanced comparison and unnecessary so i'm sorry for that,but the last part of my comment still stands as there is always a risk in putting down money for a kickstarter or preorder but it's up to the consumer to decide in who to blindly trust and i'm aware that Platinum games deserves some credit for previous titles .

The initial goal was modest to begin with, but I'm surprised at how well the Kickstarter went. Good for them.

Congrats to PlatinumGames for reaching another stetch goal!

Hmmmm... if all that's really new is the 2D missions, I think I'll probably pass on this. Amazing game, but I've already played the hell out of it.

Really would have loved to see Nintendo go ahead and back this reboot, alongside a W102... I will probably double dip to get this again - did so with Bayo already.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7