By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Platinum Games will Open a Kickstarter on Monday for a Wonderful 101 Port to Switch and PS4 (COMFIRMED!)

Tagged games:

RolStoppable said:
John2290 said:
Woah, they just had a massive investment from tencent. This ia shady shit and people are absolute fools for supporting this, it's going to be another practice that will hurt everyone.

Most people who have backed this will get their copy of the game in April, that's in two months.

Because the backing also shows physical copies comfortably outpacing digital copies, the rest of the game industry can take a hint how important it is to offer a physical product when sales expectations are low. The likelihood that something positive comes from this is much higher than something negative.

Regarding the Tencent investment, the work on The Wonderful 101 obviously predates the investment from Tencent. Like I said, Platinum Games has been pretty much done with the Switch port before the kickstarter went live, so the purpose of the kickstarter is to gauge if people want the game on other platforms than Switch as well as to see if it's worth it to create additional content for the game; said content will be free DLC for all backers. The people who backed this aren't investing in the cat in the bag.

That's true but it irks me a bit that they put the risk of investment on the customers and Tencent probably gains from that product doing well, i do not think there is a high probability it matters sharewise if the work on that game predates Tencent coming in.

It could matter sure but i consider those chances to be low.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Hynad said:

Them double standards and disingenuous comments. 

When on one side games are cautiously picked as the  most popular and best selling titles and disregarding all the others that don’t fit the biased narrative, and on the other side, the picks selectively and deceptively taken with somewhat diversity in the cartoon style but not using the best selling most popular titles,  you know the kind of people you’re going to argue with and they’ve already wasted enough of your time. 

Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Odyssey, Smash Ultimate, Luigi’s Mansion, Splatoon 2... Pretty much use the same art style.

Then you have all the other games that used a somewhat stylized yet still very much cartoon. Games like Link’s Awakening, Kirby and Yoshi. 

For all the complaints about Sony making more realistic games than cartoony ones, you have to at least acknowledge the fact that Nintendo doesn't do anything other than cartoony visuals, be them made of clay, wool, mud, clouds or rainbows.

Sony makes TLOU, God of War, Uncharted, Spider Man, Horizon, sure. Yet all of them, while being realistic in nature, are all stylized a different way. The same as Nintendo’s different approaches to the cartoony style.

But then, Sony does make strongly stylized games like Medievil, The Last Guardian, Ratchet & Clank, Knack, Tearaway, Gravity Rush, The Unfinished Swan, Astro Bot...

What does Nintendo make that isn’t cartoony? Even Xenoblade 2 has embraced the cartoony style.

And by cartoony, I mean:

~ a simplified or exaggerated version or interpretation of something.

And I’ll never buy Azzanation’s BS for his constant negativity towards PS. 

We will simply have to disagree on this. I can tell a lot more stylistic differences on those Nintendo games than I can on those Sony games. I see a lot of variation in what you call cartoony than whatever realistic games have. 

We aren't going to agree and that's fine. Have a good day.

No we won’t. You can have your preference all you want and I’ll respect that. But if you downplay Sony because it doesn’t do something as much as Nintendo (although they do make artsy/stylized games) you have to at least acknowledge that Nintendo barely does what Sony does if at all. 

Most of you seem to forget one thing: a company doesn't aim for profit but for a good balance between the MAXIMUM profit and the MINIMAL amount of risks. If Nintendo (and Tencent) are considering that the game isn't worth the investment, they won't spend money there; but Platinium might consider it worth for various reasons.

Oh and there isn't any risk for the customer, they'll get a copy of the game.

Alcyon said:
Most of you seem to forget one thing: a company doesn't aim for profit but for a good balance between the MAXIMUM profit and the MINIMAL amount of risks. If Nintendo (and Tencent) are considering that the game isn't worth the investment, they won't spend money there; but Platinium might consider it worth for various reasons.

Oh and there isn't any risk for the customer, they'll get a copy of the game.

Like those that preordered Warcraft reforged,never any risk right?But ofcourse it is up to the people to decide what they themselves invest in,still if the investment is partly shifted to the consumer for a product that partly or does not exist yet then it is never riskless.

I beat it on Wii U back in the day. Super game and a treat for those who never got to experience it. I shan't be going for the remaster, I personally feel Ive experienced this game how it was envisaged. Some may have found it clunky but I loved how the game pad was implemented. Certainly couldn't draw the shapes accurately using the sticks method.

Around the Network

Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/platinumgames/the-wonderful-101-remastered?ref=discovery&term=wonderful%20101

Seriously cool to see this much enthusiasm for such a gem.

Better game than GTA 5.

KLAMarine said:

Better game than GTA 5.

KLXVER said:
KLAMarine said:

Better game than GTA 5.

W101 didn't have me fetching cars.

Guys..... this is shady as f***

3 months from now? They can't even put kickstarters name at credits. This port is already finished!

I like Platinum and loved W101, but using kickstart to sell is just not right and can create a huge problem. Kickstarting a game gives you several less rights than buying it normally, just look at games that were kickstarted with a steam version, but went EPIC exclusive later.

This is NOT all right.