By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Platinum Games will Open a Kickstarter on Monday for a Wonderful 101 Port to Switch and PS4 (COMFIRMED!)

Tagged games:

TomaTito said:

Pretty sure you could already play with the pro controller on the WiiU.

You could you didn't even need to use the touchscreen at all even on the gamepad.

Around the Network
Leynos said:
ruffy37 said:

that part which annonyed me was the looking down on the gamepad. I don't know why but all games doing that just destroyed my inner peace and enjoyment while playing. it's like the refocusing with my eyes from tv to gamepad and vice versa was too stressfull for me. even playing with wii u pro controller needed that damn gamepad. so I'm cool with the old controls if the port is done right, preferable in over 60 fps. mouse / keyboard control to switch through the weapons by drawing might be interesting, but propably will still use my ds4.

They will probably use the touchpad for drawing on PS4.

The PS4 also has drawing

I could never get into that game. I had trouble drawing a simple line to cross a gap when there was no pressure, so in combat you can bet your ass all my drawing attempts ended up with random results which made the game incredibly frustrating to play.

Signature goes here!

PS4 goal has been reached! The stretch goal picture also disappeared so they are probably updating it right now. So glad this game is getting this kind of support.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

TomaTito said:

If you like them cartoony styled games, less talk and more pay,
the wonderful ones are waiting for your backing.

I'm a backer and the PS4 version is now funded :)

Around the Network

New stretch goals 1m and 1.5m, no xbox version mentioned

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

ruffy37 said:
RolStoppable said:

They aren't changing the controls.

that part which annonyed me was the looking down on the gamepad. I don't know why but all games doing that just destroyed my inner peace and enjoyment while playing. it's like the refocusing with my eyes from tv to gamepad and vice versa was too stressfull for me. even playing with wii u pro controller needed that damn gamepad. so I'm cool with the old controls if the port is done right, preferable in over 60 fps. mouse / keyboard control to switch through the weapons by drawing might be interesting, but propably will still use my ds4.

edit: I think it was possible to switch gamepad screen with tv if you pressed minus button, not sure, still a inconvenience.

One doesn't need to look down to draw basic shapes.

I don't know why this hasn't released already. It may not have huge sales potential but remastering it for switch costs a small fraction of building it from the ground up for wii u. So even just matching the wii u version sales is already doubling the game's revenue for and extra 10% in cost. And it could always sell much more on the switch, actually making the whole project profitable.

Nu-13 said:

I don't know why this hasn't released already. It may not have huge sales potential but remastering it for switch costs a small fraction of building it from the ground up for wii u. So even just matching the wii u version sales is already doubling the game's revenue for and extra 10% in cost. And it could always sell much more on the switch, actually making the whole project profitable.

They first and foremost wanted to self-publish the title, which is likely what the initial 50k is for. Because of self publishing, that's why other ports are also going to happen.

If this kickstarter had not been successful they likely would have asked Nintendo to publish in exchange for Switch exclusivity. Because according to Kamiya, Nintendo said they would publish for exclusivity but also gave them the option to self-publish and port to multiple platforms. Which is why they went the kickstarter route. 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Dreamcast version next c'mon!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!