By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Platinum Games will Open a Kickstarter on Monday for a Wonderful 101 Port to Switch and PS4 (COMFIRMED!)

Tagged games:

Hynad said:
Dulfite said:

Agreed! I'm not saying those Sony games are bad or sold bad, but just that they don't really embrace non realistic looking visuals often.

Them double standards and disingenuous comments. 

When on one side games are cautiously picked as the  most popular and best selling titles and disregarding all the others that don’t fit the biased narrative, and on the other side, the picks selectively and deceptively taken with somewhat diversity in the cartoon style but not using the best selling most popular titles,  you know the kind of people you’re going to argue with and they’ve already wasted enough of your time. 

Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Odyssey, Smash Ultimate, Luigi’s Mansion, Splatoon 2... Pretty much use the same art style.

Then you have all the other games that used a somewhat stylized yet still very much cartoon. Games like Link’s Awakening, Kirby and Yoshi. 

For all the complaints about Sony making more realistic games than cartoony ones, you have to at least acknowledge the fact that Nintendo doesn't do anything other than cartoony visuals, be them made of clay, wool, mud, clouds or rainbows.

Sony makes TLOU, God of War, Uncharted, Spider Man, Horizon, sure. Yet all of them, while being realistic in nature, are all stylized a different way. The same as Nintendo’s different approaches to the cartoony style.

But then, Sony does make strongly stylized games like Medievil, The Last Guardian, Ratchet & Clank, Knack, Tearaway, Gravity Rush, The Unfinished Swan, Astro Bot...

What does Nintendo make that isn’t cartoony? Even Xenoblade 2 has embraced the cartoony style.

And by cartoony, I mean:

~ a simplified or exaggerated version or interpretation of something.

And I’ll never buy Azzanation’s BS for his constant negativity towards PS. 

We will simply have to disagree on this. I can tell a lot more stylistic differences on those Nintendo games than I can on those Sony games. I see a lot of variation in what you call cartoony than whatever realistic games have. 

We aren't going to agree and that's fine. Have a good day.

Around the Network

There it is!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/platinumgames/the-wonderful-101-remastered

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

KS is up and I backed it

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

If you like them cartoony styled games, less talk and more pay,
the wonderful ones are waiting for your backing.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Switch version funded.

Around the Network

Platinum couldn't afford $50k for a Switch port?

LOL

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

You can do that for free.

I thought nobody would support this, lol. I was dead wrong, already over 112K.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/platinumgames/the-wonderful-101-remastered/faqs

Why bring The Wonderful 101 to Kickstarter?
Although PlatinumGames has been able to grow over the years thanks to the players and our fans, we still haven’t been able to fully realize our long-time dream of self-publishing our own IPs. With your support, we hope not only to bring The Wonderful 101 to a wider audience on a variety of platforms, but also to add some content that will enhance the experience even more! This campaign is your chance to empower us to pursue self-publishing and take our destinies into our own hands.

Why The Wonderful 101?
The Wonderful 101 is a game that represents our passion for making games and dedication to quality, and one that we want to reach as many people as possible. Now, with the support of Nintendo, we have been given the opportunity to bring this game to the Nintendo Switch and other platforms as well! This is an amazing opportunity, and an important step toward our goals.

What about stretch goals?
There are a lot of exciting additions we’d like to make for The Wonderful 101: Remastered, but support from players and fans is vital in making this happen. With your help, we can create these brand new additions to make The Wonderful 101: Remastered the definitive release you all deserve, and bring it to more platforms so everyone can enjoy. And of course, all additional content funded through stretch goals will be made available to backers for free!

Will I be kept waiting for my copy indefinitely?
As the core content of The Wonderful 101: Remastered is already established, we are confident in the development schedule and guarantee that backers will receive their copies in a timely fashion.
This means less risk for you, while still being able to help us create a lot of awesome additional content that will be provided later as free DLC to ALL backers when it's finished.

Why should I support this Kickstarter?
That’s a great question! By supporting the Kickstarter campaign, you’re helping PlatinumGames to make new modes and additional content through the stretch goals.
Down the line, once additional content and modes have been created, backers will receive all of in the form of FREE DLC.

Will backers be included in the staff roll for this definitive release?
Unfortunately, the currently planned development schedule would make it difficult to include the names of backers in the credits. Instead, backers of the Gold tiers will have their names featured in the comic book, and Platinum tier backers will have their names featured in the art book. We’ll also create a page on the PlatinumGames website listing all backers of The Wonderful 101: Remastered campaign.

What about the recent news of capital investment in PlatinumGames?
Although PlatinumGames has recently received a capital investment from an outside firm, our plans for The Wonderful 101: Remastered precede that agreement, and capital received from the investment will not be used to fund the development costs associated with the project.

Why is The Wonderful 101: Remastered only being released on Switch, PlayStation 4, and Steam?
Of course, we absolutely want to release The Wonderful 101: Remastered on platforms other than Nintendo Switch, Steam, and PS4 so that fans everywhere can play, but this is a challenging endeavor for our first foray into self-publishing. That’s why we wanted to concentrate on these three initial hardware platforms.
However, we are absolutely listening, and if this campaign is successful enough to allow us the flexibility to port the game on additional platforms, we’d love to make it happen.

Why do some of the reward tiers say they will ship in April, while others ship in November?
The goal is to get the base game (both digital and physical) to ALL backers as soon as possible. However, production timelines for merchandise as well as development timelines for any stretch goals will take more time. It’s currently our plan to ship these rewards separately during the November timeframe as listed. All backers, however, will receive their copies of The Wonderful 101: Remastered at the same time.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"