By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: The Major Switch Title This Holiday Season Could Have "Tyres" In It

Was definitely expecting BotW2, but if that's not ready yet and this rumor turns out to be true I don't know what to expect. Obviously won't be another Mario Kart, they aren't gonna release two Mario Karts for one system, especially not when it would just kill off sales from their best evergreen title and best selling game on the system by far. All I can think of is Diddy Kong Racing 2. But I think more likely this rumor is false.

Around the Network

He's not giving any details or specifics, so there's really no point to this rumor other than attention seeking. By the time we know if this rumor actually ends up being true, it'll also be completely irrelevant. I guess you could say if BotW2 is confirmed for 2021 then that means he's also right about the existence of MK9, but that's a stretch.

Slownenberg said:
Was definitely expecting BotW2, but if that's not ready yet and this rumor turns out to be true I don't know what to expect. Obviously won't be another Mario Kart, they aren't gonna release two Mario Karts for one system, especially not when it would just kill off sales from their best evergreen title and best selling game on the system by far. All I can think of is Diddy Kong Racing 2. But I think more likely this rumor is false.

In same breath you acknowledge BotW2 exist, yet say another Mario Kart is an obvious no go. Well, only time will tell!

It's Breath of the Wild 2. You know, since Link already has his motorcycle.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

MK9 for Switch makes no sense. They should hold off until the next console. They are still selling buttloads of 8 that they would canabolize.

If they release Diddy Kong Racing 2 it would need to be vastly differentiated.

I guess tires rules out Starfox racing.

DKC trilogy remake.

Around the Network
TomaTito said:
RolStoppable said:
Gran Turismo is coming to Switch.

It could go multi-platform!

carlos3189 said:
Diddy Kong Racing! ❤

From Retro? Maybe it's that Star Fox racing...

Jranation said:
Nintendo would release Mario kart 9 far from the holiday season. Because they can generate extra sales before it reaches at peak in the holiday.

Not strange for the series, Double Dash released for its respective holiday season.

ironmanDX said:
You're all spelling tyres wrong.

Twats at NintendoLife, I thought they were British, just copied over the title.

So did DS & 7

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Dulfite said:
MK9 for Switch makes no sense. They should hold off until the next console. They are still selling buttloads of 8 that they would canabolize.

If they release Diddy Kong Racing 2 it would need to be vastly differentiated.

I guess tires rules out Starfox racing.

What makes no sense is leaving tons of money on the table that would also please a majority of the fanbase. I don't think Nintendo is going to ignore the fact that far more fans like Mario Kart than any other racer just cause a port already exist on the system. A 20+ million seller like MK9, even if it were to cut MK8D's legs to 0 (lol no), would still net a lot more profit than the 2-3 million sales Diddy Kong/F-Zero/Kirby Air Ride would generate. From both a consumer and business standpoint, MK9 should hold more priority than most other games let alone just racers.

Excite Bots: Switch Racing confirmed!!!

As much as I'd like a brand new Mario Kart after so long, I would find it pretty odd to release at this point.

RolStoppable said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

What makes no sense is leaving tons of money on the table that would also please a majority of the fanbase. I don't think Nintendo is going to ignore the fact that far more fans like Mario Kart than any other racer just cause a port already exist on the system. A 20+ million seller like MK9, even if it were to cut MK8D's legs to 0 (lol no), would still net a lot more profit than the 2-3 million sales Diddy Kong/F-Zero/Kirby Air Ride would generate. From both a consumer and business standpoint, MK9 should hold more priority than most other games let alone just racers.

I've read a rumor that Nintendo is strongly considering to delay Breath of the Wild 2 until 2025 because the first game is still selling so well.

I've also read another rumor that stated that Animal Crossing and the remake of Xenoblade Chronicles are the last first party releases in 2020 because there's no reason to release any more new games when so many of the old ones are still doing so well.

Wow people. Zelda had new story, making it a new experience. As does Xenoblade. Mario kart 9 won't really offer much more than 8, some new tracks and maybe some new characters mixed with a lot of re used tracks from older games, and it won't even look better being on the same system.

If they said all new tracks, tons of new characters, tons of new modes, redid the online to make it a proper esport, and added a story mode then that would be fine, but they won't do all that. Just adding new tracks is DLC to me, and a lot won't buy it already having 8 which will look just as good. 

They should wait until the next device so they can make a huge graphical leap forward with time to build tons of new features, 60fps, new online modes and give the Switch 2 the proper launch game it needs so that it won't repeat the success/failure cycle Nintendo has from one gen to the next. The long game is the only thing that matters.

I shouldn't even have to explain why a sequel to Zelda and XC would bring a lot more new elements than a sequel to a non-story mode kart racer.