By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: The Major Switch Title This Holiday Season Could Have "Tyres" In It

Releasing Mario Kart 9 on the Switch would be such a waste with how insanely well Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is doing. You'd just be having them compete with each other for no reason. Plus, having Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on there allows more time to work on other things like they did with ARMS, or hell just use this opportunity to bring back another racing IP people want on the Switch like F-Zero or Diddy Kong Racing.

Around the Network

Banjo &Kazooie Nuts and Bolts Remastered?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

They are finally porting Cruis'n Blast to Switch! (I wish)

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Was definitely expecting BotW2, but if that's not ready yet and this rumor turns out to be true I don't know what to expect. Obviously won't be another Mario Kart, they aren't gonna release two Mario Karts for one system, especially not when it would just kill off sales from their best evergreen title and best selling game on the system by far. All I can think of is Diddy Kong Racing 2. But I think more likely this rumor is false.

Wouldn't be a leak without a little 'salt' added...

Around the Network

He's not giving any details or specifics, so there's really no point to this rumor other than attention seeking. By the time we know if this rumor actually ends up being true, it'll also be completely irrelevant. I guess you could say if BotW2 is confirmed for 2021 then that means he's also right about the existence of MK9, but that's a stretch.

Slownenberg said:
Was definitely expecting BotW2, but if that's not ready yet and this rumor turns out to be true I don't know what to expect. Obviously won't be another Mario Kart, they aren't gonna release two Mario Karts for one system, especially not when it would just kill off sales from their best evergreen title and best selling game on the system by far. All I can think of is Diddy Kong Racing 2. But I think more likely this rumor is false.

In same breath you acknowledge BotW2 exist, yet say another Mario Kart is an obvious no go. Well, only time will tell!

It's Breath of the Wild 2. You know, since Link already has his motorcycle.

MK9 for Switch makes no sense. They should hold off until the next console. They are still selling buttloads of 8 that they would canabolize.

If they release Diddy Kong Racing 2 it would need to be vastly differentiated.

I guess tires rules out Starfox racing.

DKC trilogy remake.

Honestly, if the Switch were to get another major first-party racing title, I'd rather it be F-Zero. Nintendo has been sitting on that IP for far too long. The last entry in the series was over 15 years ago on the GBA, and the last console entry was a year before that. I was 23 when GX came out. Now I'm almost 40. Somebody that was a toddler when the last F-Zero game was released would be like a junior or senior in high school now. Younger gamers may only know of F-Zero through Mario Kart 8 and Smash. Nintendo shouldn't let their IPs remain inactive for so long, especially when there's clear demand for them.