By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Quarterly Results (Switch 52.48m, Pokemon 16m)

pikashoe said:
jonathanalis said:
Pokemon beyond what I expected. not bad
Seems only mario odyssey wont get to 20M among the 16M cluster. Time for a sequel?
expected 7M from mario maker and 3.5 from fire emblem. they slowed more than I thought.
the rest kinda expected.

Odyssey actually sold better this quarter than the same quarter last year, so 20 million isn't too far out of reach.

2017 Shipments = 9.07m
2018 Shipments = 4.69m
2019 Shipments = 2.83m

Yeah I expect it should be able to pass 20m with another 3 years, only 3.41m to go.

Around the Network

I think we overestimate the Q4 shipments mainly because we all have Animal Crossing in mind, but since it releases at the second part of March, it’s effect on the baseline should be more important in the following quarter.

Or maybe I’m just wrong.

Those 52m are shipped numbers right?

Yeah Odyssey will for sure hit 20 million. It might take 2+ years but it will definitely happen. All 3 current 16 million sellers will pass 20 million, Pokemon will do it this year, Zelda will probably hit it next year and Mario in 2022.

curl-6 said:

So after just a month and a half of sales, Sword/Shield is on the brink of outselling the lifetime sales of X/Y and Sun/Moon, and has already outsold Black/White.

Holy guacamole, so much for that boycott...

This is seriously hilarious to me. All the people acting like it was going to perform poorly due to some Internet outrage.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Slownenberg said:
Yeah Odyssey will for sure hit 20 million. It might take 2+ years but it will definitely happen. All 3 current 16 million sellers will pass 20 million, Pokemon will do it this year, Zelda will probably hit it next year and Mario in 2022.

Breath of the Wild in 2018: 4.98m. 2019: 4.66m. Barely a decline and it only needs 3.66m to hit 20m. It can do it in 2020.

How much did Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

RolStoppable said:
AlbiNecroxz said:

How much did Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?

7.69m in 2018, 7.94m in 2019. Who knows, at currently 22.96m, it might reach 30m by the end of 2020.

Lots of information in this Google spreadsheet. Shipment data for Switch hardware/software as well as first party million sellers.

Thanks Rol, appreciated. Completely forgot you had already posted that Google spreadsheet, shame on me, I'll give it a look

Last edited by AlbiNecroxz - on 30 January 2020

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

RolStoppable said:
pikashoe said:

Odyssey actually sold better this quarter than the same quarter last year, so 20 million isn't too far out of reach.

No, it didn't do better. 1.59m in 2018, 1.21m in 2019. That's in line with the ongoing decline.

But it's at 16.59m already, so it's only a question of when it reaches 20m. It won't be in 2020 because its legs won't allow for more than 2.5m this year, so it will take until the second half of 2021 at least.

Ah must have been a typo where I read it. I heard it did 2.2, but 1.2 makes more sense.

Leynos said:
Astral Chainat 1 million! WOO!

wombat123 said:
Leynos said:
Astral Chain at 1 million! WOO!

I am pleasantry surprised by that.  Based on initial sales and the niche nature of titles developed by Platinum, I thought it would take longer to reach 1m despite the game's great quality.  Hopefully it's a sign of good things to come for Bayonetta 3, No More Heroes 3 and perhaps Astral Chain 2 down the line.

YAAAAAY!!!!!

NateH said:
curl-6 said:

So after just a month and a half of sales, Sword/Shield is on the brink of outselling the lifetime sales of X/Y and Sun/Moon, and has already outsold Black/White.

Holy guacamole, so much for that boycott...

This is seriously hilarious to me. All the people acting like it was going to perform poorly due to some Internet outrage.

Not a single person said it would perform poorly. And it certainly would have sold even better without the anti consumer crap.