By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FORBES [Opinion] - Xbox Series X Vs PlayStation 5: Don't Count Microsoft Out This Generation

Tagged games:

What do you think

Yes 2 6.06%

I fully agree 9 27.27%

100% Microsoft will win this generation 1 3.03%

I hope Xbox will win this generation 2 6.06%

Corona Virus will win in the end 2 6.06%

No, I don't think Microso... 17 51.52%

Total:33
RolStoppable said:
Cobretti2 said:
There is no reason for people to switch next gen unless there is some major issues with the PS5.

They will need a few aces up their sleeve to cause a change,

Actually, there is a reason. It's called Game Pass.

If the three key points (price of the console, performance of multiplats, (timed) exclusive content for multiplats) are heading for virtual parity, then Game Pass will be an ace because it's gaming for cheap. The lack of game ownership won't be a concern because both PS and Xbox gamers have already been willing to give up their ownership rights as the evergrowing share of digital game sales proves.

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
RolStoppable said:

If the three key points (price of the console, performance of multiplats, (timed) exclusive content for multiplats) are heading for virtual parity, then Game Pass will be an ace because it's gaming for cheap. The lack of game ownership won't be a concern because both PS and Xbox gamers have already been willing to give up their ownership rights as the evergrowing share of digital game sales proves.

Basically sub to one service that have most of the content you like and torrent whatever you want that isn't there.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
HollyGamer said:

Basically sub to one service that have most of the content you like and torrent whatever you want that isn't there.

Subscription will kill triple A games and devalue the games to smartphones business mobile games LOL 

ironmanDX said:
Radek said:
If someone switches from PS4/PS5 a console with amazing games to Xbox just because GamePass then I'm lost for words..

Why? It's a service that caters to the console gamer. 

It's value for money for a great product. Is that not what the core concept for a console has become? 

But gamepass is not locked to the xbox. Not even xcloud. Its mean to have both on the current phone in your pocket or even lowest level pc/laptop. Its still not a reason to go xbox. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

HollyGamer said:
RolStoppable said:

Pirates are going to pirate no matter what. Give a thief a chance to steal, they’ll do it. There’s no need to make up hypotheticals or anything for them, just give them a way to steal and it’ll happen. 

How does this relate to GamePass though? There’s no exclusive content on GamePass and every game on it can be bought to own. It’s the exact opposite of all of those streaming services.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
HollyGamer said:

Pirates are going to pirate no matter what. Give a thief a chance to steal, they’ll do it. There’s no need to make up hypotheticals or anything for them, just give them a way to steal and it’ll happen. 

How does this relate to GamePass though? There’s no exclusive content on GamePass and every game on it can be bought to own. It’s the exact opposite of all of those streaming services.

Actually if everything start to become subscription base model, all company will start to make exclusives content. Netflix early day are free and don't have any exclusives, But day by day as time goes and many company follow, they starting to make exclusives content. 

I bet with my both ear, if Subscription succeeded in converting ownership model to subs model, we will see the same situation with Video streaming. All company will start making exclusives content. 

Also the problem with subs payment  is how subs will devalue the games quality.

HollyGamer said:
DonFerrari said:

Subscription will kill triple A games and devalue the games to smartphones business mobile games LOL 

I'm terrified of subscription style games, I really like closed games narrative driven ones.

LudicrousSpeed said:
HollyGamer said:

Not really hypothetical, when Netflix showed up a lot of people stopped pirating (or reduced a lot and started paying for the sub) with the several number of different subs some have came back to it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

eva01beserk said:
RolStoppable said:

To this day I have never bought a digital copy of a game. Im pretty sure there is a large percentage of the gaming market that like me are never planing to go digital. Some just dont trust it, some like resale. But this push for all digital that MS is aiming for could be a reason for people to skip xbox all toghether. Im willing to bet its more older gamers like myself who buy wide range of games but spend less per game. By that I mean loot boxes, cosmetics maps and all that other bullshit that "AAA" publishers try to shove down our throats. 

Edit: correction, I did buy a digital game. Hellblade. But there was no physical version for it. 

This is partially why I stick with Nintendo consoles and have a PS as backup for games I cannot get on Nintendo. Consoles got to a point with all the updates and patches needed that you are basically buying a broken game at launch. Now is that deliberate to try and make peopel be digital only gamers? or just cost cutting and let the gamers be the testers and complain and release patches for bugs.

But when they are releasing day 1 patches, you have to wonder.

Even with Switch, some of the games are getting annoying. Part games where you need to download bits to play. Those I am avoiding. Would happily pay $10 to get the full game on the cart.

At one point I used to say if digital takes over consoles, I may as well go be a PC gamer again on Steam. However, even that now is a pain. How many different digital distribution platforms are there? Steam, Origin, Epic Store, Ubisoft Store, I am sure I missed a few others.

It is actually leading me to eventually quit playing games and only play the occasional Nintendo game that comes complete on a cart or going back to my old systems and playing old games.

I certainly don't see the XSX fumbling out of the gate like the X1. First party games are going to be much stronger on the XSX and the console is rumored to be more powerful than the PS5. With Lockhart being the more affordable option, Xbox will have their bases covered with having a cheaper alternative console. Will it outsell the Ps5? Probably not, but it will at least stay competitive.

Cobretti2 said:
eva01beserk said:

To this day I have never bought a digital copy of a game. Im pretty sure there is a large percentage of the gaming market that like me are never planing to go digital. Some just dont trust it, some like resale. But this push for all digital that MS is aiming for could be a reason for people to skip xbox all toghether. Im willing to bet its more older gamers like myself who buy wide range of games but spend less per game. By that I mean loot boxes, cosmetics maps and all that other bullshit that "AAA" publishers try to shove down our throats. 

Edit: correction, I did buy a digital game. Hellblade. But there was no physical version for it. 

This is partially why I stick with Nintendo consoles and have a PS as backup for games I cannot get on Nintendo. Consoles got to a point with all the updates and patches needed that you are basically buying a broken game at launch. Now is that deliberate to try and make peopel be digital only gamers? or just cost cutting and let the gamers be the testers and complain and release patches for bugs.

But when they are releasing day 1 patches, you have to wonder.

Even with Switch, some of the games are getting annoying. Part games where you need to download bits to play. Those I am avoiding. Would happily pay $10 to get the full game on the cart.

At one point I used to say if digital takes over consoles, I may as well go be a PC gamer again on Steam. However, even that now is a pain. How many different digital distribution platforms are there? Steam, Origin, Epic Store, Ubisoft Store, I am sure I missed a few others.

It is actually leading me to eventually quit playing games and only play the occasional Nintendo game that comes complete on a cart or going back to my old systems and playing old games.

Well that is a recurring subject in VGC. But actually the reason most games get so many patches is because the complexity of those games increased at each gen.

Also Most of the games released you can play perfectly without any patch, still devs keep improving the game to cover any inconvenience. So basically you are saying that you preferred that whatever bugs there were in the game you rather have they stay that way instead of bothering with patches, that you can ignore if you want.

I don't remember a single game I couldn't play without patching and could count on a hand the games with gamebreaking bugs that were common to happen.