By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FORBES [Opinion] - Xbox Series X Vs PlayStation 5: Don't Count Microsoft Out This Generation

Tagged games:

What do you think

Yes 2 6.06%

I fully agree 9 27.27%

100% Microsoft will win this generation 1 3.03%

I hope Xbox will win this generation 2 6.06%

Corona Virus will win in the end 2 6.06%

No, I don't think Microso... 17 51.52%

Total:33

Users on VGC wrote better analysis/predictions. If Sony will blast with exclusives in launch window like Switch did, and they aim at it most likely, cross gen Halo I will not matter much. Also, until XSX releases, Xone will die a slow and painful death.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
A very shallow "analysis" to basically claim "anything could happen".

Its been the moto of a lot of people here. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

KingofTrolls said:
Users on VGC wrote better analysis/predictions. If Sony will blast with exclusives in launch window like Switch did, and they aim at it most likely, cross gen Halo I will not matter much. Also, until XSX releases, Xone will die a slow and painful death.

Someone underestimating Halo.. not a wise decision.

Azzanation said:

Someone underestimating Halo.. not a wise decision.

Nothing againts it, but cross-gen is absolutely a disadvantage here.

There is no reason for people to switch next gen unless there is some major issues with the PS5.

They will need a few aces up their sleeve to cause a change,

Around the Network

I meant to put "fully agree". I selected yes. At the start of any generation is a fresh start for any console maker. Well Nintendo seems to be an anomaly with that scenario. My point is that anything could happen. Sony for the most part has won every generation except for 1 in terms of sales. Xbox has a chance if they follow thru with the exclusives that was promised. We know the multimedia and hardware of Series X will be bar none exceptional. I'm just looking for healthy competition this time instead of an outright domination from either of the 3.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

KingofTrolls said:

Yes if you are going to count Halo Infinite cross-gen as a reason for XsX to do well then you need to count at least FFVIIR, TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushijima for PS5 plus of course a little older but graphical show of HZD, SM and GoW. And if Sony is smart they had some groups working on improved version of those titles for PS5 to make the lack of new titles that is common for new gen seem a little less troublesome.

eva01beserk said:
DonFerrari said:
A very shallow "analysis" to basically claim "anything could happen".

Its been the moto of a lot of people here. 

Yes.

For me when you lack information to grant something will change the default is "most probably it won't change". So I see no reason to believe XSX will sell more HW than PS5.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

RolStoppable said:
Cobretti2 said:
There is no reason for people to switch next gen unless there is some major issues with the PS5.

They will need a few aces up their sleeve to cause a change,

Actually, there is a reason. It's called Game Pass.

If the three key points (price of the console, performance of multiplats, (timed) exclusive content for multiplats) are heading for virtual parity, then Game Pass will be an ace because it's gaming for cheap. The lack of game ownership won't be a concern because both PS and Xbox gamers have already been willing to give up their ownership rights as the evergrowing share of digital game sales proves.

To this day I have never bought a digital copy of a game. Im pretty sure there is a large percentage of the gaming market that like me are never planing to go digital. Some just dont trust it, some like resale. But this push for all digital that MS is aiming for could be a reason for people to skip xbox all toghether. Im willing to bet its more older gamers like myself who buy wide range of games but spend less per game. By that I mean loot boxes, cosmetics maps and all that other bullshit that "AAA" publishers try to shove down our throats. 

Edit: correction, I did buy a digital game. Hellblade. But there was no physical version for it. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

No mention of VR, it might not have set the world on fire (yet) but it still has decent sales and a dedicated following. The lack of any VR plans is what keeps me away from XBox.

Radek said:
If someone switches from PS4/PS5 a console with amazing games to Xbox just because GamePass then I'm lost for words..

Why? It's a service that caters to the console gamer. 

It's value for money for a great product. Is that not what the core concept for a console has become?