By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

Nighthawk117 said:
vivster said:
I'm happy about the move. Not too long ago people argued that the data wasn't doctored and I had to say that it's being manipulated on an individual local level, which was definitely the case, be incompetence or malice.

But now that they streamlined the process I can just point my finger and say: "Yep, they're manipulating the data on a national level." Can't wait to see where the Republican cult members will point their fingers next, now that the evil CDC can't manipulate all of the numbers for that hoax.

Who gives a fuck?  You think China and Russia aren't fudging their numbers? C'mon man, the USA has every right to engage in disinformation

when it comes down to the Covid-19 numbers. For Christ sakes.

Sometimes you just sit in front of your screen and think "wtf did I just read".

You definitely won the first price of all posts I've ever read on this forum. And I'm a user since "forever".

How anyone could support doing something so disgusting to your own population is just unbelievable. 

Last edited by crissindahouse - on 30 July 2020

Around the Network

About covid perception vs reality, even with misinformation it comes down more to the fact general population just don't understand enough about maths

If 10% of the population in your country have already died, it means around 1 out of 10 people you know should be dead. It would be a chaos, we are talking about familiares, close friends, etc, etc. Society would have collapsed already

So far I know 3 people who died from covid, I have no idea how many people I know in total though, guess more than 1000?

Nighthawk117 said:
vivster said:
I'm happy about the move. Not too long ago people argued that the data wasn't doctored and I had to say that it's being manipulated on an individual local level, which was definitely the case, be incompetence or malice.

But now that they streamlined the process I can just point my finger and say: "Yep, they're manipulating the data on a national level." Can't wait to see where the Republican cult members will point their fingers next, now that the evil CDC can't manipulate all of the numbers for that hoax.

Who gives a fuck?  You think China and Russia aren't fudging their numbers? C'mon man, the USA has every right to engage in disinformation

when it comes down to the Covid-19 numbers. For Christ sakes.

Great whataboutism. So is China's and Russia's autocracy that kills thousands of people the level at which we need to measure the US? And here I thought the US wants to be better than 2 shitholes that abuse human rights left and right.

So you believe that it is upon the country to decide if innocent people live or die? The US is currently engaging in tactics that is actively killing their own citizens based on nothing but selfish patriotism and partisanship and you are actually arguing that that's the way things should be? The US should be another China or Russia? I mean right now it definitely is, but would you actually consider that a good thing?

I can tell you who isn't ok with that. The innocents that are killed and people who care about keeping innocents alive. A group you apparently don't belong to.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the 7000 deaths yesterday.

Both Brazil and the US with ~1500 deaths.
US also surpasses France in deaths per capita.

Barozi said:

They seem to alter it every day now, it stood at 6826 yesterday at the roll over.
It was an adjustment in South America, likely Brazil.

Thus 7,034 total for yesterday, a few less than a week ago at 7109 (July 22)
April 17th recorded 8,672 deaths in one day.

Around the Network
Barozi said:

Tbh, brazillian numbers were a bit inflated because the biggest state here (São Paulo) didn't reported numbers the day before

That's said, Brazil is handling this pandemic worse and worse. São Paulo business started to opening in freaking early June. Just a matter of time until 1,5k deaths a day become more common than uncommon 

SvennoJ said:
Barozi said:

They seem to alter it every day now, it stood at 6826 yesterday at the roll over.

I wouldn't agree with that statement. The numbers for July 22 were inflated due to South Africa and India adding previous deaths on that day. Almost 400 extra for South Africa and another 400-ish extra for India.

Link to your own post: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9187060

I'm very sure yesterday was the highest since that day in April.

Barozi said:
SvennoJ said:

I wouldn't agree with that statement. The numbers for July 22 were inflated due to South Africa and India adding previous deaths on that day. Almost 400 extra for South Africa and another 400-ish extra for India.

Link to your own post: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9187060

I'm very sure yesterday was the highest since that day in April.

Brazil was inflated due to Sao Paolo missing the day before, although that was 'only' 300 extra compared to the week before.
Reported deaths increased by 10% last week, will it be more or less this week :/
So far this week is tracking slightly below last week, but the two big hitters (Thursday and Friday) are still incoming.

But indeed, April 21st was the last time it went above 7K, technically not beat yet due to Brazil adjustments. Not that that's anything to feel good about :/

After a long and tough battle the US finally managed to overtake France in deaths per million. That puts them back into the top 8 of the world. Next target Chile and Sweden.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Jumpin said:

That's like Ernst Stavro Bloefeld levels of sinister, if true.

Personally, I'm thinking Trump just hopes than pandemic gets so bad that he can cancel elections; and then blame China and lie about how the US is doing the best in the world while shoving McDonald's grease-ball burgers into that lamprey hole he calls a mouth.

He can't, it would need a 2/3 majority in both Senate and House to pass such an amendement, and that simply won't happen. It didn't happen in WW2 either, not in 1940 and not in 1944.

So yeah, I'm more inclined to think it's the Blofeld side of thought with that thing.

But yeah, you can see which lengths some people would go to discredit state/federal things in favor of private ones with this...

Hate to say it, but I was right.

And the whole anti-mail in vote thing is a part of all of this.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53597975

Trump now pushing to delay elections because of Coronavirus at the SAME TIME when he is pushing to push kids back into schools.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.