By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

Amercia just gave a update to new cases.... +13,957 new confirmed cases.
The US is now at 38,164 confirmed.

Good thing some states have started a lock down now, otherwise the weeks too come would be mad numbers.

Around the Network

14k new cases in the US today and its not even 3pm.

JRPGfan said:

Good thing some states haven started a lock down now, otherwise the weeks too come would be mad numbers.

Thats NY doing the heavy lifting.  Next 2 weeks are going to be surreal because other large states like California, and Texas will be testing 2million nd 1 million people. Also Florida and other states still have done less than 10k tests.p

jason1637 said:

3rd person in Congress to test positive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYH0LskZWVg&feature=emb_logo

Twitter:

"Wait, thought you weren't supposed to get tested if you weren't showing symptoms?"

"The rules don't apply to them, silly"

"If he’s feeling fine why did he get a test?"

"guess that's story of life"?"

"I live in New York I can’t get test unless I have serious symptoms."

"He gets tested despite not having symptoms?!?!? Two worlds exist, people. One for them, one for the rest of us."

JRPGfan said:
jason1637 said:

3rd person in Congress to test positive.

Twitter:

"Wait, thought you weren't supposed to get tested if you weren't showing symptoms?"

"He gets tested despite not having symptoms?!?!? Two worlds exist, people. One for them, one for the rest of us."

The man in that video is a different Ron Paul.

Edit: Also even if memebers of Congress aren't showing symptoms they should still get tested imo. There are lots of old people in Congress and we wouldn't want a situation where it spreads and most of them need critical care. 

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
JRPGfan said:

Shows what I know lmao... sorry about that.

Just a ironic name mix up lmao.

This is the real guy:  Anyways good hes doing just fine dispite haveing it.

Angelus said:
trunkswd said:

Italy does have an older population, which I am guessing is the main reason for the higher death rate? 

If I'm not mistaken, Germany actually has a slightly older population than Italy. 

Yeah, but they mostly live alone or in retirement homes. As far as I understand in Italy old people often live with their family. This way they got exposed to the virus. In germany old people mostly had 'social distancing' in effect before the outbreak.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

JRPGfan said:

Good thing some states have started a lock down now, otherwise the weeks too come would be mad numbers.

Whoah, this gets faster. With this spreading rate it doesn't take long for the US to overtake Italy and China in case numbers.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

NightlyPoe said:
JRPGfan said:

Shows what I know lmao... sorry about that.

Just a ironic name mix up lmao.

This is the real guy:  Anyways good hes doing just fine dispite haveing it.

Not so ironic.  Ron Paul is Rand Paul's father.  He's been a leader in the libertarian movement for decades who has for president a few times, both as a 3rd party candidate and trying to run as a Republican.

He's also a doctor (obstetrics and gynecology).  Rand Paul's actually an ophthalmologist (eye doctor) himself.

Libertarianism is one of the stupidest and most impractical ideologies of the modern world and I include Scientology in that category

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

jason1637 said:
JRPGfan said:

Twitter:

Edit: Also even if memebers of Congress aren't showing symptoms they should still get tested imo. There are lots of old people in Congress and we wouldn't want a situation where it spreads and most of them need critical care. 

Wikipedia thinks it is the same Ron Paul: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul#cite_note-211

Or do you mean Ron and Rand Paul are different persons? Yeah, because Rand is Rons son.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 22 March 2020