By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumoured PS5 Design Leak

Azzanation said:
Mar1217 said:
Looking at how they designed their consoles during the last 2 gens, I'm inclined to believe that it is not a good rumor.

Like seriously, would Sony really take a chance to make the console look like it's bottom half has carried an accident or something ?
They're just to safe to do that.

Not sure what gen you might be referring to but if you have a look at this gen with the recent Pro and Slim etc, I wouldn't put it past them using this or a similar design.

Maybe, maybe not. Its just a rumour after all. Will wait and see.

Yes, let's go from a practical design that keeps the same template so it is easily recognizable within the gen and adds very little cost and let's make protuberances that would mean a lot of wasted space or unused faber that cost money and also don't make it easy to distinguish from previous gen while also using a X shape. Totally stonks and certainly a trustworthy rumor.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

Not sure what gen you might be referring to but if you have a look at this gen with the recent Pro and Slim etc, I wouldn't put it past them using this or a similar design.

Maybe, maybe not. Its just a rumour after all. Will wait and see.

Yes, let's go from a practical design that keeps the same template so it is easily recognizable within the gen and adds very little cost and let's make protuberances that would mean a lot of wasted space or unused faber that cost money and also don't make it easy to distinguish from previous gen while also using a X shape. Totally stonks and certainly a trustworthy rumor.

Hard to say what they would do. With the explanation Ryan gave about why it was important that the logo be recognizable as a PS product, you can't help but wonder if that is because the console may look super different, so the logo should tie it to the PS brand, or will most things, like the console, also remain similar to past designs?

Even though it's got an X shape, it does have enough similarities to tie it to PS4, like the angular design. They could spin it as the ends have a V shape for 5 instead of seeing it as an X. It also would seem to have more than acceptable wasted space inside the shell, which is something SNY tends to try and avoid. That does somewhat limit exterior console design creativity though.

It looks like an xbox 360. I smell a fake.

Leynos said:

What I wish PS5 would look like.

The reality of what it might look like

The top one is way too slim to be possible with the technology that is put in PS5. This thing will overheat. Also, hard to see any console manufacturer going with such old style disc tray.

derpysquirtle64 said:
Leynos said:

What I wish PS5 would look like.

The reality of what it might look like

The top one is way too slim to be possible with the technology that is put in PS5. This thing will overheat. Also, hard to see any console manufacturer going with such old style disc tray.

If they used a blower style fan like most PS consoles do, which is basically the same thing as a laptop fan, it would work fine as long as it's large enough. It could be quite thinner like a laptop fan, but have a very large circumference. Imagine if the circular portion on the top design was the same circumference as the fan, and that the fan was 1/3 the thickness of the console, from the top, down to where the horizontal black line is on the front. That should allow for worthy cooling at low noise levels.

Around the Network

If this is anything close to the real design, then I'm going back to Xbox, because Xbox seems to have enough space for the cooling, if the ps5 is that design it means it will be way underpowered and too loud and running hot.

If you were far away from the PS5 and zoomed in from quite a distance away, the image would appear blurry (probably has a lot of the surrounding area cropped out). It very well could have been taken with a high resolution camera and be a real photo. I hope it's not what the PS5 will look like but it is what it is.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DonFerrari said:

I love how you think you know exactly what the PS5 is going to be running and what it needs to run. For starters, we don't know how big this console is based off this picture and second, they make 10+TF Laptops these days. Sony might be using some state of the art tech where they don't need a Tower design to achieve 10+TF. But will wait and see. Its a rumour after all not an official photo.

DroidKnight said:
If you were far away from the PS5 and zoomed in from quite a distance away, the image would appear blurry (probably has a lot of the surrounding area cropped out). It very well could have been taken with a high resolution camera and be a real photo. I hope it's not what the PS5 will look like but it is what it is.

I agree, we don't know for sure until Sony announces it. It could have been taken from a distance.

I love how many think just because a photo is blurry it means its fake. Those clearly label it out of the question of being real. How do we know Sony didn't purposely take a blurry photo and leaked it out on purpose to do a test reaction? Blurring the image means they don't give away too much aside from just the shape plus adds to the "Its been leaked image, not sure if real" topics. Sony might have a couple console designs to choose from that fits there hardware and probably want to know what we think first before choosing one. Its just an assumption but who the hell knows. It does take a lot of design ques from the PS4.

I think that looks cool, actually. Except for the thing where it kind of looks like an X, so it would be more suitable for Xbox.
Because of the greater cooling needs, I think the design will be an ugly rectangular box in the vein of the Series X. Oh well, it's the games that count.

Confirmed fake

https://youtu.be/lHnucD17K20