By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Proper Paper Mario on the way?! Oh and Metroid too!

How EXCITE are you?

globally in US 7 17.50%

%&(*$#^($!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 7.50%

Don't distract me from MAGA2020 3 7.50%

I am not a belIEBER 1 2.50%

I SHALL SUMMON THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL! 4 10.00%

PS5 Doomed 3 7.50%

Vita DOOMED 3 7.50%

3DS DOOMED 1 2.50%

Google Stadia Doomed 4 10.00%

These poll choices are ridiculous! SMH 11 27.50%

Total:40

I have a feeling both of these are true
-Metroid Samus Returns came out in 2017 so it's likely the same team
-Paper Mario was 2016

It's aright about time for both.

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

Around the Network

Crossing my fingers.

Kslost said:
CladInShadows said:

I would love if that were the case.  I just usually take these rumours with a grain of salt when they're always exactly what fans are asking for and Nintendo rarely delivers.

I kind of think Nintendo does a good job representing each franchise within a generation.  Yes, they do always insist on trying an "innovative" route, but I think this generation, they have delivered on a sandbox Mario, a Pokemon franchise on a docked console, and an Animal Crossing (that doesn't require amiibo and isn't a board game).  So why can't they deliver on this too?  Huh? Huh? :)

Because Metroid has always been the red-headed step child of the Nintendo Family.  They had a good consistent run during the Gamecube / GBA days, but that's really it.  Before that it was long stretches between releases.  And the last 9-10 years we've basically had a remake and some kind of multiplayer shooter with a soccer mini game.

I can't speak for Paper Mario, but its treatment hasn't been much better.

I hope this rumour is true.  I just can't and won't blindly trust any Metroid rumour because there have been dozens in the last decade that have amounted to nothing. This is made all the harder by the fact that Metroid is probably my favourite Nintendo franchise.

Regarding Paper Mario. Don't do that, don't give me hope. The last one worth playing was released in 2007, and the last amazing one was 2004.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Mar1217 said:
Nautilus said:
I would have prefered if it was a new Mario and Luigi game, since its the superior franchise, but its nice nevertheless.

Let's cry in unison cuz of the truthness of your statement 😭

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Wman1996 said:
Regarding Paper Mario. Don't do that, don't give me hope. The last one worth playing was released in 2007, and the last amazing one was 2004.

Even if this rumor turns out like they usually do, there is still Bug Fables. It's effectively a Paper Mario game and it's well worth playing, should be releasing this year on consoles. Big recommend to any fan of classic PM!

I mean, a real Paper Mario should be coming. The franchise is such a nice concept that right now feels totally misused because people can't stop missing the classic ones, including myself.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I honestly don't think this is all that far-fetched. The timelines match up and Switch-era Nintendo seems much more in tune with what fans want. Plus Sabi and Zippo are generally very reliable as leaks go.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 22 January 2020

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Wman1996 said:

Even if this rumor turns out like they usually do, there is still Bug Fables. It's effectively a Paper Mario game and it's well worth playing, should be releasing this year on consoles. Big recommend to any fan of classic PM!

Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I'll put it on the list.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Wman1996 said:

I've never heard of this! This is amazing!