By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 logo 'breaks Instagram image likes record for games'

DonFerrari said:
yvanjean said:

I'm not saying that Sony will deliver a bad product, they will simply be able to make cut back since they know that the consumer will buy it anyways.
Sony could really future proof their console by adding a bit more power for slightly less profit or they could increasing the size of the SSD HD. But, there really no reason for Sony to go above and beyond since they know that the system will sell regardless. Also, limitation to the current PS5 is going to make the PS5 Pro that much more appealing and will result in even more profit for Sony. There is actually a financial incentive to make the PS5 slightly less powerful. At the end of they day, Sony will probably get praised for making the cut back since most consumer wants a price point of $399. 

What have they done to PS3 due to "it will sell anyway"?

They lost 200 USD per console sold for like 3 years on PS3, how is that "future proofing for slightly less profit"?

There is about 0% chance of Sony taking market for granted and that meaning they will deliver a cutback console. It is more probable (still almost 0) that Sony will launch a very strong device for a too high of a price. Sony do premium products for more expensive than their competitors instead of cheaper products by cutting corners in basically all the markets they compete.

And for 4 gens they have always released a system that loses money on the first couple years on the HW and offset that with SW sold and royalties, PS4 was the first one to break even very fast and also to receive new forms of revenue.

Sony won't fuck over just because their logo got more excitement than MS reveal.

Sony releasing a system for 399 or 499 means that the HW will cost 50 to 100 more to make than the MSRP at launch, if they decide for the first due to mass market price that isn't taking customer for granted, that is trying their hardest to reach as much customers as possible.

When Sony sells a consoles they define break even as cost of consoles + initial revenues from games/controllers/accessories.  HW cost is industry secret so we the consumer never know what is the actual cost. There is also the huge overhead R&D costs and Marketing cost that you can only get limited knowledge if you read Sony financial statements. 

Sony is a public corporation and they have a mandate to maximize revenues and profit for stock holders. There decisions making is based on satisfying current consumer appetite and maximizing profit. 

Around the Network
yvanjean said:
DonFerrari said:

Then since you have Google Stadia and Xbox Cloud service for the multiplats and MS games why then don't you just buy PS5 for HW and nothing else?

I don't have Google stadia and Xbox Cloud service ins't available in Canada. Well I do own a Xbox one X and PS4 slim, I just never use it the PS4 :P
I'm a console gamer only, all of my computers at home aren't used for gaming at all. I want the best consoles experience available. I will buy XSX on day one and might pick up a PS5 when the price is right. 

My problem with sony consoles as always been the PS controller ever since the PS1. I understand that in the early days the joy stick were added as an after though. The PS1 dualshock analog controller simply added the joy sticks on the bottom of the controller for convenience but with each iteration of the controller Sony kept the same stupid design. The D pad which is less used then the joy stick now a day get the premium location on Sony controller. 

https://laughingsquid.com/the-evolution-of-the-playstation-controller-1994-2013/

You can have Stadia if you want, much cheaper than buying any console. But you had a need to say why you would play games exclusive on one machine if they were available on streaming but at the same moment you wouldn't stop buying the other machine that already have the games released like that. And if you have a PS4 but don't use it them really you have no interest in the games released there so I don't know how these games being streamed would help you at all.

Yes I knew a jab at the controller would come. Guess you prefer to toss 300 USD in the garbage by buying a console and not playing than buying and adapter or alternative control to play on PS4 since the control dread you so much right?

You want the best console experience available and that was why at launch you got Xbox with Kinect 2 and not PS4 right?

yvanjean said:
DonFerrari said:

What have they done to PS3 due to "it will sell anyway"?

They lost 200 USD per console sold for like 3 years on PS3, how is that "future proofing for slightly less profit"?

There is about 0% chance of Sony taking market for granted and that meaning they will deliver a cutback console. It is more probable (still almost 0) that Sony will launch a very strong device for a too high of a price. Sony do premium products for more expensive than their competitors instead of cheaper products by cutting corners in basically all the markets they compete.

And for 4 gens they have always released a system that loses money on the first couple years on the HW and offset that with SW sold and royalties, PS4 was the first one to break even very fast and also to receive new forms of revenue.

Sony won't fuck over just because their logo got more excitement than MS reveal.

Sony releasing a system for 399 or 499 means that the HW will cost 50 to 100 more to make than the MSRP at launch, if they decide for the first due to mass market price that isn't taking customer for granted, that is trying their hardest to reach as much customers as possible.

When Sony sells a consoles they define break even as cost of consoles + initial revenues from games/controllers/accessories.  HW cost is industry secret so we the consumer never know what is the actual cost. There is also the huge overhead R&D costs and Marketing cost that you can only get limited knowledge if you read Sony financial statements. 

Sony is a public corporation and they have a mandate to maximize revenues and profit for stock holders. There decisions making is based on satisfying current consumer appetite and maximizing profit. 

You are just talking with 0 knowledge.

PS3 selling at 200 loss was a know fact to all. Yes they have to maximize PROFIT, and that have been done in Playstation by always selling the console at loss and making money on the SW.

So your attempt when saying about Sony fucking up because they would take the customers for granted based on Sony (even with PS controller being so much worse right?) posting a logo getting more interest than MS revealing the control now become even more clear. You were just pissed and wanted to attack PS.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
yvanjean said:

I don't have Google stadia and Xbox Cloud service ins't available in Canada. Well I do own a Xbox one X and PS4 slim, I just never use it the PS4 :P
I'm a console gamer only, all of my computers at home aren't used for gaming at all. I want the best consoles experience available. I will buy XSX on day one and might pick up a PS5 when the price is right. 

My problem with sony consoles as always been the PS controller ever since the PS1. I understand that in the early days the joy stick were added as an after though. The PS1 dualshock analog controller simply added the joy sticks on the bottom of the controller for convenience but with each iteration of the controller Sony kept the same stupid design. The D pad which is less used then the joy stick now a day get the premium location on Sony controller. 

https://laughingsquid.com/the-evolution-of-the-playstation-controller-1994-2013/

You can have Stadia if you want, much cheaper than buying any console. But you had a need to say why you would play games exclusive on one machine if they were available on streaming but at the same moment you wouldn't stop buying the other machine that already have the games released like that. And if you have a PS4 but don't use it them really you have no interest in the games released there so I don't know how these games being streamed would help you at all.

Yes I knew a jab at the controller would come. Guess you prefer to toss 300 USD in the garbage by buying a console and not playing than buying and adapter or alternative control to play on PS4 since the control dread you so much right?

You want the best console experience available and that was why at launch you got Xbox with Kinect 2 and not PS4 right?

yvanjean said:

PS3 selling at 200 loss was a know fact to all. Yes they have to maximize PROFIT, and that have been done in Playstation by always selling the console at loss and making money on the SW.

So your attempt when saying about Sony fucking up because they would take the customers for granted based on Sony (even with PS controller being so much worse right?) posting a logo getting more interest than MS revealing the control now become even more clear. You were just pissed and wanted to attack PS.

First if all your swearing and foul language should probably get flag, I never said Sony is F***ing up that just your stupid interpretation.

When it come to the PS5, the size of SSD drive, amount of rams, speed of rams and many of the components can all be switch at last stage of development in order to either increase performance or cut cost. With your selective memory you probably forgot that Sony was the company that remove the 4k Ultra HD Bluray from the PS4 Pro in order to cut cost.  Sony have made multiple statement to investor that with PS5 they will be conscious of both affordability and managing profitability. 

I bought a PS4 bundle that came with Uncharted 4 for $200 and I bought Horizon Zero dawn (still plan on picking up God of war and Spiderman).  When did I ever said I bought a Xbox one at launch ... I did buy a Xbox one X at launch? I got my Xbox one Titanfall bundle 9 months after release for a great price.
It was clear that at launch both the PS4 & Xbox One both system failed to deliver 1080P/60.

I wasn't referring to myself, I was saying that consumer especially the casual market will have alternative when it comes time to buy a PS5 or XSX, we're are talking mobile games, pc gaming, Xcloud, Google Stadia, XSX, PS5, Cheap PS4 & PS4 Pro, Cheap Xbox one Console, all the used console that people wanting to upgrade are selling at a huge discount .... all of which can affect the sales of new PS5 and XSX consoles. 

You talk about knowledge please show me your insider information proving the $200 loss. The biggest cost of the PS3 was the development of the cell processor and the blue ray drive... i'm sorry but no one except Sony really know the true cost of R&D and per unit price of the cell processor, also the Cell Processor was used for more products then just the PS3. Like I said before Sony might of sold the PS3 at a loss but they recoup some of that loss immediately with the sell of controllers, accessories & games. It was a known fact that Sony was losing money lots of Money at the beginning of PS3 era. The transition from Ps2 to Ps3 was a nightmare for them. 

yvanjean said:
DonFerrari said:

First if all your swearing and foul language should probably get flag, I never said Sony is F***ing up that just your stupid interpretation.

When it come to the PS5, the size of SSD drive, amount of rams, speed of rams and many of the components can all be switch at last stage of development in order to either increase performance or cut cost. With your selective memory you probably forgot that Sony was the company that remove the 4k Ultra HD Bluray from the PS4 Pro in order to cut cost.  Sony have made multiple statement to investor that with PS5 they will be conscious of both affordability and managing profitability. 

I bought a PS4 bundle that came with Uncharted 4 for $200 and I bought Horizon Zero dawn (still plan on picking up God of war and Spiderman).  When did I ever said I bought a Xbox one at launch ... I did buy a Xbox one X at launch? I got my Xbox one Titanfall bundle 9 months after release for a great price.
It was clear that at launch both the PS4 & Xbox One both system failed to deliver 1080P/60.

I wasn't referring to myself, I was saying that consumer especially the casual market will have alternative when it comes time to buy a PS5 or XSX, we're are talking mobile games, pc gaming, Xcloud, Google Stadia, XSX, PS5, Cheap PS4 & PS4 Pro, Cheap Xbox one Console, all the used console that people wanting to upgrade are selling at a huge discount .... all of which can affect the sales of new PS5 and XSX consoles. 

You talk about knowledge please show me your insider information proving the $200 loss. The biggest cost of the PS3 was the development of the cell processor and the blue ray drive... i'm sorry but no one except Sony really know the true cost of R&D and per unit price of the cell processor, also the Cell Processor was used for more products then just the PS3. Like I said before Sony might of sold the PS3 at a loss but they recoup some of that loss immediately with the sell of controllers, accessories & games. It was a known fact that Sony was losing money lots of Money at the beginning of PS3 era. The transition from Ps2 to Ps3 was a nightmare for them. 

Instead of backseating moderation just report the post if you think it broke a rule.

Do you have a source for Sony removing the 4K BD drive? From all I know they never said anything about it having the drive and the reason was for it to not compete with their standalone 4k BD players.

No console have ever delivered locked 60fps, never will because that is a decision each dev make so not sure the relevance to say neither system would get 1080p60fps. PS4 still delivered 1080p in almost all games.

You bought X1 in the first year on the market when it was already clear it would deliver the worse performance for multiplats between both, that pretty much contradicts your reason to not buy PS5 and want their games on streaming (even though you having a PS4 and saying you don't use it).

I have no idea what you are countering on the bold.

Do you think they were losing R&D money on PS3 couple of years after it got release? Just look at the numbers from gaming division of Sony, they lost money basically the whole gen on PS3 that was the cost of making PS3 and selling it for a loss.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/127906/article.htmlDo you think they got the price wrong for double the amount? Look at the BD players launched alongside PS3, almost all of them costed more than PS3 itself and that doesn't factor Cell, GPU, RAM and HDD.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

yvanjean said:
DonFerrari said:

Then since you have Google Stadia and Xbox Cloud service for the multiplats and MS games why then don't you just buy PS5 for HW and nothing else?

Damm, how to pronounce Sixaxis?

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?