By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 logo 'breaks Instagram image likes record for games'

TruckOSaurus said:
Replicant said:

Just a site admin pandering to the majority of the users which happens to be Nintendo fans.

They have to hold on to remaining users in some way, I guess. The thought of Nintendo being the sole innovator makes them happy. ¯|_(ツ)_/¯

I didn't know I had become such a master of subtext that I somehow included a plea for Nintendo's sole innovator status into one sentence about the PS5 logo.

I didn't know either.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I don't play architectures, I play games. I have very limited interest in the hardware side of consoles but I know that PS3 had some funky processor that made things difficult for developers and that the PS4 did away with that. But for me, the player, PS4 games are better looking, more ambitious PS3 games (because the PS4 is a stronger PS3) and that's a good thing! Sony is the solid rock of the video game industry, I don't expect them to reinvent themselves every generation and I don't want them to, they give me exactly what I expect of them every time: a solid console that keeps up with the times when the previous one is getting old.

Me too, I play games, and I mentioned it as well.

I went on about hardware because you posted about the PS5 being a stronger PS4. But I also covered games not being the case in my post too.

What is a PS3 game from Horizon Zero Dawn? Nier Automata? God of War 4? Dreams?

I'm sorry Trucks, I'm completely cool with you having your own personal view on that, we all do, but when you come saying that about the PS5, which we haven't seen a single new game from yet, it really shows how that it's a preconception.

You seem to be getting the wrong idea from what I'm saying. PS4 can do what PS3 did but Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger. I expect the PS5 to be the same, simple as that. I'm not saying there's no original concepts on PS4, a game like Horizon: Zero Dawn would probably never had made it past the pitch meeting in the PS3 days since the scope of it was too ambitious for the capacity of the PS3 but since the PS4 is Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger it became a great success on PS4.

Signature goes here!

JRPGfan said:
EricHiggin said:

PS - 'You want to be surprised with power? Well here's a given logo, and a concept car?'
Net - 

The car isnt something their gonna sell.... its just a prototype to test camra+lenses+sensors, and A.I systems.

Like it or not, Sony sells alot of lenses/camras and sensors.
In the future cars will be sold with alot of these in them, and testing how they then work, becomes important if you want to lead that market.

Your right though, it was a odd thing to see there imo.

That's part of the point. They aren't selling a logo or car. They're just placeholders for something else, that'll actually be worth getting excited for. Yet look at the response they're getting for just showing up.

Good for Sony that there so much worldwide appeal for the play station brand. I like how moron are comparing Sony and Microsoft and pretending that Sony and Microsoft are on equal footing on the world market and that Sony as only recently been destroying them. The gaming market is normally divided in 4 segment America, Europe, Japan & World. Sony has always dominated Japan, Europe and the World and only during 360 era did Xbox win america over Sony.

It's not a good thing when a corporation doesn't need to deliver and their customer will buy their brand regardless. This kind of reaction to just a logo isn't sending a strong message to Sony that customer demand a good quality product with PS5 with superior services and quality games.

I guess we are all excited to see the final spec on PS5. It's clear that Sony is going for a best bang for your buck and wants to offer $399 consoles. They really have no incentive to give their costumers more then they need to since everyone will blindly pick up what is being offered.

Last edited by yvanjean - on 09 January 2020

Well to be fair it is an amazing logo.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
TruckOSaurus said:

You seem to be getting the wrong idea from what I'm saying. PS4 can do what PS3 did but Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger. I expect the PS5 to be the same, simple as that. I'm not saying there's no original concepts on PS4, a game like Horizon: Zero Dawn would probably never had made it past the pitch meeting in the PS3 days since the scope of it was too ambitious for the capacity of the PS3 but since the PS4 is Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger it became a great success on PS4.

I honestly fail to see why would you remark the PS5 is a stronger PS4 then, because that would be the same for every single console successor.

Exactly.

Signature goes here!

StreaK said:
HollyGamer said:

The important question is  " when will they actually reval PS5 console, games, spec and etc " LOL. This just proves PS fans are hungry for next gen and PS5. They are  desperate and almost had an orgasm. 

Just wanted to say - LOVE your avatar. I bought that 25th PlayStation anniversary Game Informer edition simply based off of that cover. Very well done.

Yup, a perfect cover for 25 years celebration  

yvanjean said:

Good for Sony that there so much worldwide appeal for the play station brand. I like how moron are comparing Sony and Microsoft and pretending that Sony and Microsoft are on equal footing on the world market and that Sony as only recently been destroying them. The gaming market is normally divided in 4 segment America, Europe, Japan & World. Sony has always dominated Japan, Europe and the World and only during 360 era did Xbox win america over Sony.

It's not a good thing when a corporation doesn't need to deliver and their customer will buy their brand regardless. This kind of reaction to just a logo isn't sending a strong message to Sony that customer demand a good quality product with PS5 with superior services and quality games.

I guess we are all excited to see the final spec on PS5. It's clear that Sony is going for a best bang for your buck and wants to offer $399 consoles. They really have no incentive to give their costumers more then they need to since everyone will blindly pick up what is being offered.

People are liking the PS5 and looking forward to the PS5 because Sony always delivers.  They deliver quality HW, not always the most powerful, and more importantly, quality exclusives.  MS has a lot of work ahead them if they want to top the PS brand.

thismeintiel said:
yvanjean said:

People are liking the PS5 and looking forward to the PS5 because Sony always delivers.  They deliver quality HW, not always the most powerful, and more importantly, quality exclusives.  MS has a lot of work ahead them if they want to top the PS brand.

Well I look forward to Sony offering their game on a cloud service and I won't have to worry about their HW. Sony is being left behind right now in term of gaming service, overall value and cloud services. Doesn't look like Sony will revamp there PS Now to be more like a Xbox Gamepass service. Brand loyalty is only going to take Sony so far when consumer won't need to make HW investment to enjoy Xbox products. 

yvanjean said:
thismeintiel said:

Well I look forward to Sony offering their game on a cloud service and I won't have to worry about their HW. Sony is being left behind right now in term of gaming service, overall value and cloud services. Doesn't look like Sony will revamp there PS Now to be more like a Xbox Gamepass service. Brand loyalty is only going to take Sony so far when consumer won't need to make HW investment to enjoy Xbox products. 

We have a long ways to go before the Cloud or game streaming becomes the norm.  And if at some point xCloud/GamePass comes to PS5 or PS6, Sony won't care.  They'll be getting a cut of that revenue.