Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 sells through 106 million, Over 1.15 BILLION Games Sold!

Give us Vita's numbers already Sony.

I know... my English sucks.

Around the Network

So what kind of attach rate does that equal out to? How many games per PS4 on average?

The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

trunkswd said:
HollyGamer said:

Sad to be true , i miss old VGChartz  day 

With the PS5 and Xbox Series X launching this holiday, that will hopefully drive hits to the site. Having the hardware figures up to date appears to be helping as well. 

Yeah , that's true. To be honest  i am standby in front of PC waiting Next gen news. I want to steal a start on making thread of PS meating 2020 for PS5 reveal LOL. 

thismeintiel said:

I think it'll be 125M+ in the end.  We should already be at 108M shipped.  I think they can ship more than 12M units in the next 2 years.  I also see a cut to $249 coming this year.  Sony seems to be fine with stores selling the Only On Playstation bundle for ~$250.

Well, i was using sell-through numbers. If there are 106M units sold to consumers right now, that means that there must be around 108M units shipped at the same point.

But yeah, PS4 is going to sell 10M in 2020 at least, let's say another 5M in 2021, and another few millions more the next few years, so it should reach 125M indeed.

So if PS4 ends around 125M consoles sold, with a ratio around 12-13 games sold per console that will put software sales around 1'5B-1'6B, almost catching PS2 numbers.

It will put PS4+XBO at around 175M consoles sold combined and around 2'0B-2'1B games sold combined, practically the same as what PS3+X360 did last gen.

Cerebralbore101 said:
So what kind of attach rate does that equal out to? How many games per PS4 on average?

Tie ratio of 10.85.

Number of games sold divided by number of consoles sold.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
colafitte said:
thismeintiel said:

I think it'll be 125M+ in the end.  We should already be at 108M shipped.  I think they can ship more than 12M units in the next 2 years.  I also see a cut to $249 coming this year.  Sony seems to be fine with stores selling the Only On Playstation bundle for ~$250.

Well, i was using sell-through numbers. If there are 106M units sold to consumers right now, that means that there must be around 108M units shipped at the same point.

But yeah, PS4 is going to sell 10M in 2020 at least, let's say another 5M in 2021, and another few millions more the next few years, so it should reach 125M indeed.

So if PS4 ends around 125M consoles sold, with a ratio around 12-13 games sold per console that will put software sales around 1'5B-1'6B, almost catching PS2 numbers.

It will put PS4+XBO at around 175M consoles sold combined and around 2'0B-2'1B games sold combined, practically the same as what PS3+X360 did last gen.

CONSOLES ARE DEAD!!

colafitte said:
thismeintiel said:

I still don't think that PS4 will make only about 10M or even less after PS5 launch .. this is not PS3 .. it's not selling on the PS3 level, and is way more popular from PS3 to make just under 10M after the launch of PS5. If history is any indication and we take a look at PSP,PS2,PS1 and this that PS4 will be way cheaper than PS5 as PS3 was to PS4, PS4 should do at least around 20M after 2020, let's say 8M 2021, 5-6M 2022, 4M 2023, and 2M 2024. or some sort of it. So in total it should reach around 135-140M. PS4 can receive at least 2 more price points... and let's not forget what happened in 2009. PS2 receiver pricecut to 99$ and this helped it to sell another 20M from there on out. I am not saying that with 99 or 149 PS4 will do the same, but it will have effect. Price cuts often helps.

The only sony console to sell below 10M after the next gen launch was PS3. And this was 1 time case. Even the PSP sold more than the PS3 after it's successor launched. So I think PS4 has enough juice to reach 140M. But in no case will end up 120M lifetime.

thismeintiel said:
This means, more than likely, 108M PS4's and 6M-7M PSVR's shipped.

It took PSVR a little over 3 years to sell 5 million, I dont see 1-2 million being on shelves/in transit. That's like an entire year worth of stock.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
thismeintiel said:
This means, more than likely, 108M PS4's and 6M-7M PSVR's shipped.

It took PSVR a little over 3 years to sell 5 million, I dont see 1-2 million being on shelves/in transit. That's like an entire year worth of stock.

2M may be a stretch, but 1M isn't.  Sure, 1M probably isn't the normal amount on shelves during most of the year, but right after a holiday with a new $199 bundle, it wouldn't surprise me. 

Damn impressive numbers. Still got a few years in her too.