By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 sells through 106 million, Over 1.15 BILLION Games Sold!

I'm still amazed about the fact that PS4 has sold 274M games during 2019....It probably has sold more in 2019 than what Switch have sold lifetime in almost 3 years since launch. And considering all the juggernauts that are coming this year like TLOU 2, Cyberpunk 2077, FF VII Remake, RE 3, Ghost of Tsushima, Avengers, Doom Eternal, Watch Dogs Legion, etc.... PS4 is probably going to reach 300M games sold this year. Buffffff...........

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
HollyGamer said:

I don't mind that actually , LOL 

I'm all for driving more hits to the site. There is a lot of potential with VGChartz. Sadly, we currently have an owner that doesn't put effort into the site anymore.

Sad to be true , i miss old VGChartz  day 

colafitte said:

First things first. Congrats VGC for an excellent tracking of PS4 sales.

Second. Like i've been saying for months PS4 was going to sell this year around 14'5M and it sold 14'4M (91'6M last year to 106'0M this year), so i was pretty spot on on that, again. If Sony doesn't annouce a price cut for PS4 during the year, PS4 is going to add another 10M this year (at least), reaching 116M lifetime. It seems is going to end around 120M when is all said and done.

1'15B games sold in total makes that PS4 have sold 274M games in 2019 (876M games sold were announced last year) which i found absolutely amazing and unprecedented. PS4 will sell another 250-300M in 2020, and it will put the total ahead of 1'4B games sold with a ratio of around 12 games or more per console, which it will be the best ratio ever for a console.

Pretty impressive numbers overall. Playstation remains the best place for console gaming and PS5 probably will outperform PS4 too. Good stuff.

I think it'll be 125M+ in the end.  We should already be at 108M shipped.  I think they can ship more than 12M units in the next 2 years.  I also see a cut to $249 coming this year.  Sony seems to be fine with stores selling the Only On Playstation bundle for ~$250.

trunkswd said:
colafitte said:
First things first. Congrats VGC for an excellent tracking of PS4 sales.

Second. Like i've been saying for months PS4 was going to sell this year around 14'5M and it sold 14'4M (91'6M last year to 106'0M this year), so i was pretty spot on on that, again. If Sony doesn't annouce a price cut for PS4 during the year, PS4 is going to add another 10M this year (at least), reaching 116M lifetime. It seems is going to end around 120M when is all said and done.

1'15B games sold in total makes that PS4 have sold 274M games in 2019 (876M games sold were announced last year) what i found absolutely amazing. PS4 will sell another 250-300M in 2020, and it will put the total ahead of 1'4B games sold with a ratio of around 12 games or more per console, which it will be the best ratio ever for a console.

Pretty impressive numbers overall. Playstation remains the best place for console gaming and PS5 probably will outperform PS4 too. Good stuff.

I am the one that updates the hardware figures and have been trying my best to make sure they are as accurate as possible. Even I am amazed we got the figures spot on. 

Almost spot on. 3 days left.

Give us Vita's numbers already Sony.

I know... my English sucks.

Around the Network

So what kind of attach rate does that equal out to? How many games per PS4 on average?

trunkswd said:
HollyGamer said:

Sad to be true , i miss old VGChartz  day 

With the PS5 and Xbox Series X launching this holiday, that will hopefully drive hits to the site. Having the hardware figures up to date appears to be helping as well. 

Yeah , that's true. To be honest  i am standby in front of PC waiting Next gen news. I want to steal a start on making thread of PS meating 2020 for PS5 reveal LOL. 

thismeintiel said:

I think it'll be 125M+ in the end.  We should already be at 108M shipped.  I think they can ship more than 12M units in the next 2 years.  I also see a cut to $249 coming this year.  Sony seems to be fine with stores selling the Only On Playstation bundle for ~$250.

Well, i was using sell-through numbers. If there are 106M units sold to consumers right now, that means that there must be around 108M units shipped at the same point.

But yeah, PS4 is going to sell 10M in 2020 at least, let's say another 5M in 2021, and another few millions more the next few years, so it should reach 125M indeed.

So if PS4 ends around 125M consoles sold, with a ratio around 12-13 games sold per console that will put software sales around 1'5B-1'6B, almost catching PS2 numbers.

It will put PS4+XBO at around 175M consoles sold combined and around 2'0B-2'1B games sold combined, practically the same as what PS3+X360 did last gen.

colafitte said:
thismeintiel said:

Well, i was using sell-through numbers. If there are 106M units sold to consumers right now, that means that there must be around 108M units shipped at the same point.

But yeah, PS4 is going to sell 10M in 2020 at least, let's say another 5M in 2021, and another few millions more the next few years, so it should reach 125M indeed.

So if PS4 ends around 125M consoles sold, with a ratio around 12-13 games sold per console that will put software sales around 1'5B-1'6B, almost catching PS2 numbers.

It will put PS4+XBO at around 175M consoles sold combined and around 2'0B-2'1B games sold combined, practically the same as what PS3+X360 did last gen.

CONSOLES ARE DEAD!!

thismeintiel said:
This means, more than likely, 108M PS4's and 6M-7M PSVR's shipped.

It took PSVR a little over 3 years to sell 5 million, I dont see 1-2 million being on shelves/in transit. That's like an entire year worth of stock.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.