By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 sells through 106 million, Over 1.15 BILLION Games Sold!

JRPGfan said:
1,15 billion games sold through on the PS4 is crazy, after what? 6years (and a month or two).

To compair, Switch is sitting at 247 million games, after 3years.

Yeah the PS4 is an absolute software beast. 1.15 billion software is nuts.

Though a more reasonable comparison would be to compare with a better scope of time :P 

PS4 at 39 months (best comparable I could find) had 401M software sales. Switch will not top that, but it's currently at 247M after 31 months and will likely be somewhere in the 350M range at 39 months

Around the Network
Radek said:
PS4 is a monster and PS5 has a chance to dethrone both PS4 and PS2!

No console will sell more than PS2. The PS2 sold so well due to the large number of third party exclusive games it had. If you wanted to play a game, even a third party game, you had no other option but PS2. Now third party exclusivity is very rare, when it happens it is timed exclusivity (usually 1 year). Also it was the cheapest dvd player on the market. But now streaming is becoming more popular than buying movies in Blu-ray.

HollyGamer said:

No final Vita milestone?

Conina said:
HollyGamer said:

No final Vita milestone?

do sony still produce vita? i thought it died by 2015.

CuCabeludo said:
Conina said:

No final Vita milestone?

do sony still produce vita? i thought it died by 2015.

Sony stopped producing games in 2015

Sony stopped producing carts in 2018

Sony cut off life support for the Vita early 2019 in Japan.

Around the Network

Remember that before the PS4, only the PS2 in the history of consoles had exceeded one billion in game sales.

Evilms said:
Remember that before the PS4, only the PS2 in the history of consoles had exceeded one billion in game sales.

Did a handheld ever sell more then a bill software?.

I tought only the ps2 ever did that(and now ps4)

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:
Evilms said:

Did a handheld ever sell more then a bill software?.

I tought only the ps2 ever did that(and now ps4)

Nah, NDS did:

Wii did:

PS1 did 962M, PS2 did 1537M and PS3 did more than 999M (really weird number, who knows, maybe it surpassed the billion too):

I can't find X360 numbers but probably was close to 1B games sold too.

CuCabeludo said:
Radek said:
PS4 is a monster and PS5 has a chance to dethrone both PS4 and PS2!

No console will sell more than PS2. The PS2 sold so well due to the large number of third party exclusive games it had. If you wanted to play a game, even a third party game, you had no other option but PS2. Now third party exclusivity is very rare, when it happens it is timed exclusivity (usually 1 year). Also it was the cheapest dvd player on the market. But now streaming is becoming more popular than buying movies in Blu-ray.

To say no console ever will is wrong. It is a really high bar to cross but not impossible. As it stands, the hypothetical switch 2 has the best chances to do so out of consoles coming in the near future.

Conina said:
HollyGamer said:

No final Vita milestone?

Yeah, to bad