By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Nintendo plans to launch a new Switch SKU in 2020 - UPDATE: Nintendo says no

What will the new Switch model be?

Switch 2 4 5.80%

Switch Pro 33 47.83%

Switch XL 6 8.70%

Switch TV 9 13.04%

Switch Mini (clamshell) 0 0%

Something else 6 8.70%

No new SKU in 2020 11 15.94%

Total:69

I think and hope it will be a $149 Switch TV.

Which probably also allow them to increase the clockspeed for a more consistent home console experience.

Around the Network

I don't think Switch will get a successor in 2020, so for me to accept any possibility on this rumor it would be a TV only Switch to cut costs as well compared to the hybrid.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

If there is a new SKU, definitely good to get it out well before PS5/XBSX

RolStoppable said:
Otter said:

Which probably also allow them to increase the clockspeed for a more consistent home console experience.

$149? That's not hope, that's wishful thinking.

I'm thinking $199-229 with a pro controller included

The portable version should always be more expensive than the fixed version.

$199 with a copy of Switch Sports or 2 controllers.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

Most likely it is just a normal Switch with some improvements like longer battery life, a slightly better CPU and improved joy-cons that no longer have the drift problem.

Second most likely is a digital only Switch with a bigger hard drive and improved interface for people who want to go the digital only route.

TV only model sounds interesting but I don't really see much point in it currently that Switch doesn't have any expected TV apps except YouTube. The hybrid Switch already can play the same games and be a TV only for some. Of course there can be some performance improvements over hybrid Switch but I wouldn't expect that. The potential interesting SKU would be a Switch hybrid SKU with 5G connectivity, Don't know if Nintendo will try it or not.

The "Super Switch" would be my personal guess, in memory to the transition NES --> SNES
Be serious, it can not be "Switch Pro".

Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TGM3 MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Western record on TGM3 EASY : 1484
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

Why is switch 2 in the poll? I would hope nintendo releases a switch lite this year.

Otter said:

More consistent what? Increasing clock speed won't do anything if the games are meant to work with the base power.