By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Barozi said:
Angelus said:

My first Xbox game was Dead or Alive 2. Got the Xbox and a couple games for Christmas. Think the other game was a snowboarding game called Dark Summit.

Xbox launched with DoA 3 which happened to be my first owned Xbox game as well (bundled with the console). DoA 2 was only released as part of the DoA Ultimate collection in 2015 (in Europe).

Alongside DoA3, I also bought an EA Sports NHL game (can't remember which one).

However the first game I played on Xbox might have been Halo: Combat Evolved. Played that almost every day after school on a demo unit. There was no memory card in the console so I had to replay the same few levels every time. Pretty much always made it to the 4th level (Silent Cartographer).

Ah yea, you're right. I played 2 on the Dreamcast and 3 on Xbox. Got mixed up. 

Around the Network

First original X Box game I played was NFL Fever 2002 over a friends house he also had Halo CE but I didn't play that. Once I got my own console the first game I bought and played for it was Dead or Alive 3.

Ryuu96 said:

Good to know. Just checked my installation and deleted the offline file.

Though from what I've read, you have to download the world updates separately (about 10-15GB each). Couldn't find anything in the store so maybe they can only be downloaded through the main menu or they will be added at a later date (launch).

Finished Steep.

Long long time ago, I played Steep for about one hour when it was part of Free Play Days. Didn't have a strong opinion about it back then.

That changed when I played it again thanks to GamePass. I always wanted to buy it but there are several different version and it was quite hard to figure out what version to buy to get all the content. Turns out there is NO version that contains all DLCs so I held off.

Visually, the game is fantastic looking for an Xbox One game. Hard to imagine that it's from 2016. It's of course running extremely smooth on Series X as well.

The game offers a huge amount of different events and sports. The extreme pack also includes a rocket wingsuit which is not only extremely fun to use but also very useful when exploring the mountains. Steep features over the top gameplay, similar to the Tony Hawk series. Snowboarding is probably my favourite sports but the wingsuit (regular and with rockets) are a close second. Skiing was the one I used the least.

The game has some frustrating parts. Some events have horrendous checkpoint placing or are much harder than they should be when going for the gold medal. When snowboarding, the camera might suck here and there as you cannot directly control it. This is because both analog stickts are used to control the board.
Lastly, the crashing system could be better. It feels a little random what jumps cause you to crash and when you do, your guy will roll down the hill for ages. It would've been nice if you could stand up a little sooner and therefore not miss out on checkpoints because of it (will happen all the time).

I bought the Season Pass which was on sale recently. What's not included is the Road to the Olympics 2018 DLC, which I'm definitely buying once it's on sale since I like the game very much.

Overall an impressive sports title and the best snowboarding game I've played in ages. Had much more fun with it than with EA's SSX reboot last gen. Ubisoft's Riders Republic is made by the same devs so I'm having high hopes for that game now.

8/10

Last edited by Barozi - on 22 July 2021

Only got the DK world tour. Not really much on it that I want from the sale at the price they ask for.

Around the Network

Yeah pretty much the same stuff as usual.
Will probably buy 11-11 Memories Retold and Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead.
Other than that...meh. Steep is on sale but not the Roads to the Olympics DLC, figures.

I have been on the fence for years for some of the games up for sale. I made a list last night and have narrowed it down. For me it will be The Witcher 2 for 2.99. I have never played an Assassin's Creed game before but will probably get Origins Gold edition 19.99, Odyssey Gold edition 24.99 and Valhalla Gold edition 49.99.

Subnautica looks interesting but not low enough at 15 dollars when I can grab the physical for 19 dollars.

Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY edition will also be snagged at 11.99.

I can't believe I've went this long without playing any of those.

Side note:
I wasn't aware that not enough love was being thrown at @ice to keep him engaged with us.  

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:

I have been on the fence for years for some of the games up for sale. I made a list last night and have narrowed it down. For me it will be The Witcher 2 for 2.99. I have never played an Assassin's Creed game before but will probably get Origins Gold edition 19.99, Odyssey Gold edition 24.99 and Valhalla Gold edition 49.99.

Subnautica looks interesting but not low enough at 15 dollars when I can grab the physical for 19 dollars.

Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY edition will also be snagged at 11.99.

I can't believe I've went this long without playing any of those.

Side note:
I wasn't aware that not enough love was being thrown at @ice to keep him engaged with us.  

why though?

Just buy AC Origins Gold Edition and see if you like it. The game has enough content for 60 hours so why buy the other games when they'll probably be cheaper once you finish Origins.

Also Ubisoft games are on sale every two weeks so it's not like you have to wait a long time before they are on sale again.

Ryuu96 said:

Not that I'm surprised, after Microsoft would not realize it on X/S if the consoles could not handle it but this is great news.

I'm counting the day til next Tuesday :) Game is pre-loaded (without the offline stuff) and ready to go!

Barozi said:

why though?

Just buy AC Origins Gold Edition and see if you like it. The game has enough content for 60 hours so why buy the other games when they'll probably be cheaper once you finish Origins.

Also Ubisoft games are on sale every two weeks so it's not like you have to wait a long time before they are on sale again.

Lol,  I know.

I sometimes get an itch that needs to be scratched.  I think I have a shopping problem.  Anything I buy on this sale I will probably not touch for a few months but at least it will be prepped.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.