By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Damn, that's a fine looking box....

I found the BFV campaign to be quite lacklustre also, so much so that I don't even remember anything from the campaign itself apart from a moment on a bridge and being in a juggernaut suit and melting everything around me.

I also remember running through some segments too, it does work on the hardest difficulty. Thankfully, I did enjoy the MP.

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:
shikamaru317 said:

That leaves possible acquisition targets for MS in Japan as White Owls, Grounding Inc, Experience Inc, and CyberConnect 2. With Platinum scratched of this list, CyberConnect2 is the only large studio still on the list, the other 3 are more single A tier than AA.

White Owl and Grounding seem more likely every day, both studios would have to be seriously beefed up though but would still likely be developing AA titles.

I don't think White Owls acquisition is happening. Swery is already working on Deadly Premonition 2 for Switch and a game in a collaboration with Suda51 (yeah, it looked more like a joke when they announced it but he recently confirmed that they are indeed making it). Grounding inc. is a possibility maybe but they haven't made any game since Crimson Dragon. Hard to say for sure if it is a studio worth buying.

Ryuu96 said:

The removal of HDMI-in port and especially IR blaster is quite disappointing. Probably, it means that I would need to keep my Xbox One connected to TV which is gonna cost me 1 HDMI port in TV. MS seems so obsessed with removing eveything TV/media related in Series X that it wouldn't surprise me if this console's OS will have similar functionality to Switch OS.

Barozi said:
KiigelHeart said:
Jurassic World Evolution is so addicting and good :P Thanks Barozi!

Yeah I saw the score you gave it on TA. Seems like you like it even more than I do!

I beat the base game in 4 days, playing anywhere from 7 to 10 hours a day.
Even decided to go for the grindy achievement for unlocking all database entries.

I have 5 starred the first two islands. That takes some serious doing, not sure I will bother doing that with the next few Islands, will just get through them to finish the game.

It keeps putting annoying micromanagement in between the games best elements and the player. I get that we're meant to set up our facilities optimally so that dinosaurs are happy so that they wont keep destroying fences and forcing you to abandon what you're doing to catch them. But there seriously needs to be a way to automate helicopter tranquillisers and fence repair. Have it cost me resources by all means, but forcing me to micromanage it is annoying.

The other main issue is how slow it is to get moving in a park. I am getting better at this, but its really still challenging to get momentum.

Still really enjoying the game. I think fundamentally its just a bit too binary. If you get off to a good start it won't throw up many challenges you can't deal with. If you get off to a bad start, it won't give you a reasonable chance to catch up. Perhaps the later islands are a bit more diverse.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

derpysquirtle64 said:
EspadaGrim said:

White Owl and Grounding seem more likely every day, both studios would have to be seriously beefed up though but would still likely be developing AA titles.

I don't think White Owls acquisition is happening. Swery is already working on Deadly Premonition 2 for Switch and a game in a collaboration with Suda51 (yeah, it looked more like a joke when they announced it but he recently confirmed that they are indeed making it). Grounding inc. is a possibility maybe but they haven't made any game since Crimson Dragon. Hard to say for sure if it is a studio worth buying.

White Owls having obligations and projects doesn't mean that they can't be bought by MS, when Double Fine were bought they were still finishing RAD and Psychonauts 2 was already announced. They fit the criteria of what MS has purchased so far Developers led by experienced heads that are not financially secure ie Obsidian, Ninja Theory, Inxile, and Compulsion.

White Owls is also not developing DP2 Access Games are Swery is just directing it not to mention it has a 2020 release date, The Good Life is also slated for a 2020 release date and is being co-developed by Grounding Inc.

Last edited by EspadaGrim - on 08 January 2020

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Barozi said:

Yeah I saw the score you gave it on TA. Seems like you like it even more than I do!

I beat the base game in 4 days, playing anywhere from 7 to 10 hours a day.
Even decided to go for the grindy achievement for unlocking all database entries.

I have 5 starred the first two islands. That takes some serious doing, not sure I will bother doing that with the next few Islands, will just get through them to finish the game.

It keeps putting annoying micromanagement in between the games best elements and the player. I get that we're meant to set up our facilities optimally so that dinosaurs are happy so that they wont keep destroying fences and forcing you to abandon what you're doing to catch them. But there seriously needs to be a way to automate helicopter tranquillisers and fence repair. Have it cost me resources by all means, but forcing me to micromanage it is annoying.

The other main issue is how slow it is to get moving in a park. I am getting better at this, but its really still challenging to get momentum.

Still really enjoying the game. I think fundamentally its just a bit too binary. If you get off to a good start it won't throw up many challenges you can't deal with. If you get off to a bad start, it won't give you a reasonable chance to catch up. Perhaps the later islands are a bit more diverse.

Yeah you probably shouldn't have tried 5 starring the first few islands. I usually moved to the next once I got them unlocked.

The thing is you will unlock more buildings (which aren't that important aside from bigger power plants), building upgrades, genes and dinosaurs as you make your way through the campaign. You can then go back to the first few islands and use all of these improvements.
Just incurbate a T-Rex or Indominus Rex with a shit ton of gene modifications, use all the upgrades for viability and that dinosaur alone will get you a rating of 400-500 making it extremely easy to quickly maximize the dino rating. The facility rating never was a problem for me.

Later in the game you will get to experience some serious storms and especially the tornados are going to cause a lot of trouble. However, I agree that the game itself is pretty easy once you get a steady stream of income.

ironmanDX said:

Damn, that's a fine looking box....

I found the BFV campaign to be quite lacklustre also, so much so that I don't even remember anything from the campaign itself apart from a moment on a bridge and being in a juggernaut suit and melting everything around me.

I also remember running through some segments too, it does work on the hardest difficulty. Thankfully, I did enjoy the MP.

That must have been the act that I skipped.

I mean there weren't any levels that were particularly interesting. Maybe the one on the second act after you were thrown from the bridge (probably the one you're thinking of) and had to walk through the cold on the frozen river. Everything else was just "go there, use stealth, blow up a certain object, repeat".

Ryuu96 said:

Guess we aren't getting specs anytime soon.

Man, that is a terrible analogy. I'm not trying to hear spoilers, I'm trying figure out which theater provides me with the nicest movie going experience.

Angelus said:
Ryuu96 said:

Guess we aren't getting specs anytime soon.

Man, that is a terrible analogy. I'm not trying to hear spoilers, I'm trying figure out which theater provides me with the nicest movie going experience.

A year before you're going out to see a movie? :P

KiigelHeart said:
Angelus said:

A year before you're going out to see a movie? :P

Well, I anticipate seeing a lot of movies, so I gotta make sure the place I settle on isn't charging 100 bucks for popcorn and drinks. Plus there's gotta be like a balcony, and preferably a built in bar where I don't have to run out of the screening to grab another beer. It's important I know all these things properly in advance, because the first several movies I'm trying to see are gonna have fairly limited screenings on release, which means I gotta book tickets really far in advance, or I won't get in.