By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Halo 4's story was solid.

Halo 5.....

Not so much.

Around the Network

Done with Yakuza 6: The Song of Life.

Got some positives to say and some negatives. I "only" played 0, Kiwami 2 and 6 so keep that in mind.

Battle system is identical to Kiwami 2. Now I know that Kiwami 2 launched after Yakuza 6 so maybe it's not fair to blame Yakuza 6 for it... unless they copied it from Yakuza 5 which I don't know. Other than the battle system, there is more copy and paste stuff going on. The upgrade system is near identical and Kamurocho for the most part as well.
However I'm surprised to see a new location with Onimichi. It's not huge but I'd say about 2/3 of the game is spend in that village. I feel like I need to give props for that but honestly something like that should be expected for every sequel.

It's sad to see that you can't buy or store weapons in your inventory like you can in Kiwami 2. As for guns, only late game enemies have them and they don't drop them. I think handgrenades are the only weapon items you can use aside from swords and knives.

The plot is kinda silly. I mean I can see the motivation for Kiryu but this big secret that must never come to light is just dumb. Obviously every character you meet on the way is somehow connected to someone else you already encountered. Again, pretty silly but also very common for Yakuza games. Feels like all of Japan is just some tiny village with maybe 100 inhabitants. Also towards the end, there were so many factions involved with some betraying and counter-betraying the others... it was a little hard to follow.

On a graphical level I didn't expect any differences to Kiwami 2 and I doubt I've seen any. As with that game, it's disappointing to see that they didn't make any improvements to resolution and framerate. Like the other Yakuza games, it's a very jaggy game when traversing the city/village.

Overall a little weaker than Kiwami 2 IMO. The final fight also wasn't as memorable.
7.5/10

ironmanDX said:
Angelus said:

Staten isn't re-writing Halo Infinite. The story is what it was when he got there, and he said he's played through it in it's entirety, and loved it.

You watching qualy? 

What do you think of the season thus far? 

Always.

Only 2 races in, but so far so good. Could be a juicy season if it keeps going like this.

Ryuu96 said:

Actually….

-

Lol, Microsoft has more than 8?

There better be some JRPGs on that list.

if Battlefield 6 does drop on Game Pass and the deal is already done do you guys think that's the type of thing that will be announced when the trailer drops presumably in the next two weeks or will it be saved for E3 or something, because Outriders wasn't announced until like a month beforehand 

Around the Network
Angelus said:
ironmanDX said:

You watching qualy? 

What do you think of the season thus far? 

Always.

Only 2 races in, but so far so good. Could be a juicy season if it keeps going like this.

Agreed. Looks like a proper 4 horse race. Perez and Bottas have not been on the pace but have also been unlucky. Though Russell hasn't been helping either.

Excited. I don't mind who wins this year. Would be a great story if Perez or Bottas could pull one out though... 

shikamaru317 said:
dx11332sega said:

Forza Horizon set in Mexico I do like though , Would be cool knowing which areas are choosen?

On the more recent games Playground didn't pick a single area to focus on, but instead did a bit of a mish-mash of various areas from across the whole country. For instance Horizon 4's map had everything from a small town in southern England to the famous "Harry Potter railroad bridge" Glenfinnan Viaduct in Scotland, even though the two are several hundred miles apart in real life. 

If I had to guess, I'd say we will get some of the more desert areas, some of the more Jungle areas, a Mayan pyramid, one of the beach cities like Cancun, and more.

Fingers crossed for racing in Cozumel. 

ironmanDX said:
Angelus said:

Always.

Agreed. Looks like a proper 4 horse race. Perez and Bottas have not been on the pace but have also been unlucky. Though Russell hasn't been helping either.

Excited. I don't mind who wins this year. Would be a great story if Perez or Bottas could pull one out though... 

Well, I doubt Perez and Bottas are really gonna compete for the championship, but their performances are definitely going to influence the outcome between Lewis and Max. When the cars are this close, you really need that second car in the right place at the right time so you have more strategy options available to you. Not knocking Perez and Bottas, they're both good drivers (Bottas more so in qualifying, Perez more so on race pace), but neither is really a match for their counterpart. Plus Merc and RB have a vested marketing interest in making sure they prioritize Lewis and Max respectively. So if the two teams stay this closely matched, by the time we get around halfway through the season, those second car drivers (on one year contracts no less) are gonna get told in no uncertain terms, that if they wanna stick around, their job is to play wingman.

Bottas might be slightly more of wild card, as I suspect Merc will in fact want to transition to Russell at some point in the near future, so perhaps a Bottas who sees himself on the way out regardless has an opportunity to be selfish to a certain degree. Even then though, he'd have to summon up a level of racecraft he's simply not demonstrated over the course of his career.

Nevertheless though, it should be a great season if Merc and RB stay this close. Lewis and Max are as good as it gets, so if we get to see them duke it out all year long....I'll sign up for that any day. Hopefully we get a couple of crazy races thrown in the mix where everything goes a bit haywire, and someone like Norris gets up there for a win too.

May game pass news tomorrow?

Considering DQB 2 comes out Tuesday... it's either tomorrow or the following day.

coolbeans said:

FYI: It Takes Two is now selling for $30 across prominent online outlets. It's so worth it.

Agreed. Go play it if you haven't. Sadly, whoever is playing on the friend pass edition won't be getting achievements, but it's a fantastic game.