By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:

Jez is on team Sega with me:

I agree with all the points that you made in your tweet, the biggest problem that I have with Sega right now is that the Japanese branch of development outside of Ryu Ga Gotoku(Yakuza Studio) and Online R&D (Phantasy Star Online) are a joke, I don’t count Atlus because they are left alone to do what they want.

If MS were to buy them I would also like to see them buy other Japanese studios and put them under Sega like Cyberconnect2/ Level 5/ Platinum/ Arc System Works to bolster Japanese development.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:

Would love a Quantum Break sequel set in the same world as Alan Wake and Control but highly unlikely :(

I'd love a Quantum Break sequel too but I'm not a fan of this shared world thing. Very mixed feelings on this AW/Control thing too.

I'm 100% fine and actually prefer SE staying independent, only thing I wish is that xbox support was upped lol.

Could not care less if MS bought SE or if Sony did. I am currently playing Outriders with is a Squeenix published game but I highly doubt PCF would have signed an exclusive deal with Sony or MS for the game, so it would have went to another publisher. Haven't cared about FF since I was like 16 and playing FF7.

Done with Nier Automata Route C and therefore, the whole game.

I wouldn't say that Route C changed my opinion on the game very much, but it definitely had better battles and lots of story elements. Talking about the story, I had to look up quite a few things after my completion only to find out that the essential parts (and even some characters) were introduced by either the first Nier (not sure why they didn't just explain these parts again.) or - and that surprises me even more - in a completely different game series. So the Nier series is basically a spin-off of the Drakengard series (which I never heard before) and from what I understand, Nier follows the story of an alternate ending of one of the Drakengard games. *mind blown*

Still, the problems I mentioned before remain.
The best parts of the game were the characters, followed by the story (the antagonists of Route A and B were pretty weak though, so thank god there's something else in Route C) and the battle system.

Mixed feelings:
World design. Some good stuff, some very repetitive stuff. You end up in the exact same locations multiple times throughout the story (and many more times during side quests).
There's quite some enemy variety but it still feels a bit lacking since you're fighting them over and over again.
At first I really liked the SHMUP sections, but they clearly lack variety. There are even less potential enemy types to fight in these section so it feels like you've played all of them before.
Side quests were also mostly just fetch quests. Meh.

As for the bad things: lots of backtracking, the map, unnecessary Route B to get to the real 2nd part of the game.

7.5/10

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Tales of Arise on Game Pass would make sense but I don't particularly trust one of the sources saying it, the other one I've never heard of before so who knows.

He also says Persona 5 is coming to Xbox/PC on Game Pass, announcement soon but eh, Shepshal Ed basically said that, Lol.

I've heard about Tales coming to GamePass back in February from non public source, so I believe it's definitely coming and expect it to be E3 announcement.

VersusEvil said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the RT patch is cancelled too. I know Phill likes to be hands off but whatever the fuck is happening over at Mojang needs to be addressed. 600 staffers for what, the occasional Minecraft update and Dungeons DLC? Nha something ain't right over there.

Can't cancel something that wasn't even announced

I’m done with all this teasing honestly, thank God that E3 is only two months away and we don’t have to wait till August like last time.

EspadaGrim said:

I’m done with all this teasing honestly, thank God that E3 is only two months away and we don’t have to wait till August like last time.

As if the teasing will ever stop lol. You're always gonna have people bigging up projects that are years out, because everyone's always looking for the next talking point. E3 will come and go, MS will show whatever it is they they show, and then after the internet has chewed through that with piranha-like speed, the conversation will turn back to what's beyond the horizon.

Sega is the only logical choice. For better or for worse, Squeenix's Ips are FF, KH and DQ (and whatever Yoko Taro feels like contributing when punching in). That's... not a whole lot, especially because I have the feeling FF is starting to die out. As I have already highlighted, I feel FFXV was the last big AAA monster we are going to get for a while. Next FF looks like it will roll back to Aa/whatever Nier is and KH is also apparently drawing down.

Sega, OTOH, is actually attempting to expand and open up, even if they have no clue how to.

Everyone in this thread: Overanalyzing and speculating on what AAA third party exclusives Xbox might get 3 years from now
Me: .....I wonder how much GamerScore the ME Legendary Edition will have