By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
starcraft said:
I am sure it wont last, but I have never seen Sony fans on this site so paralysed in their efforts to constantly dump on MS and its players lol.

As i have been told many times across countless boards/forums all PS4 owners have Gaming PC's that are capable of running next gen games so this news shouldn't affect them or help Xbox at all /s.

Around the Network
Has said:
I pre-ordered a series X.

Long time lurker, decided to make an account and join the community today.

Welcome.

shikamaru317 said:

So, do you guys think MS should convert more of their studios over to idTech after their current Unreal projects? MS has to pay 5% royalties on all Unreal games, whereas they get all of the revenue if they switch to idTech. I guess I need to see a next-gen idTech game first; we haven't seen a proper next-gen idTech game yet, whereas we have seen the Unreal 5 tech demo which was designed to approximate it's next-gen capabilities. Hopefully id announces their first next-gen game somewhat soon, with a sneak peak of what idTech 7 can do with next-gen hardware as a minimum. 

Do we have any idea how engine royalties work with Gamepass?

shikamaru317 said:

So, do you guys think MS should convert more of their studios over to idTech after their current Unreal projects? MS has to pay 5% royalties on all Unreal games, whereas they get all of the revenue if they switch to idTech. I guess I need to see a next-gen idTech game first; we haven't seen a proper next-gen idTech game yet, whereas we have seen the Unreal 5 tech demo which was designed to approximate it's next-gen capabilities. Hopefully id announces their first next-gen game somewhat soon, with a sneak peak of what idTech 7 can do with next-gen hardware as a minimum. 

Arkane and Tango switch engines like crazy, idk if more studios are willing to switch over. It's weird that Bethesda never made the other studios switch to ID Tech, MachineGames seems to be the best at using the engine though since the Wolfenstein games are graphically better than the Doom games.

shikamaru317 said:

Not all engines work well for everything. Just because idTech is amazing for the games that use it, doesn't mean it would be particularly well suited to various other types of projects. Frostbite is a good example of this. Great FPS engine. Terrible for just about everything else, particularly RPGs, that demand all manner of tasks which the engine was never expressly built for.

The strength of Unreal isn't in it's visual performance, but it's versatility. 

Around the Network

Just thought about how the whole Tencent/US situation could open up an opportunity for MS to get Certain Affinity since they would be forced to sell off the 20% stake that Leyou has in them.

My top five studios would be...

1. Bethesda (TES and mods on console? Yes please!)
2. Ninja Theory (this shouldn't need explanation)
3. Rare (always loved them since PD)
4. Playground (obviously Forza)
5. Obsidian (because of older IPs. Never liked FNV)
6. 343 Industries (potential. Untapped potential)
7. id Software (because I dig Doom)
8. Turn 10
9. Machine (like Shika, I loved the Wolfenstein games)
10. Arkane.

Agreed. If anything, Slipspace looks like a better candidate for Bethesda/RPG titles but we wont know for sure until Infinite releases I suppose.

Forgot to make a post, but I played Red Dead Redemption again a while ago, this time got the 100% completion achievement.

Man I hope Rockstar isn't done with this franchise, as it's my favorite ever. I think it was Shika who suggested they should tell the story of young Landon Ricketts and that would be a fantastic idea. It would be the golden age of gunslingers and he would make a great protagonist. 

No point for further review of this game and the sequel. I'll let Nigel Tufnel to give them the score:

@phil: Please add this to your shopping list. Thanks.

https://www.ign.com/articles/mike-morhaime-new-company-blizzard-dreamhaven-secret-door-moonshot