By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Lol I remember people saying making XBO ports wont affect the development because games can be easily scaled like on PC. Sounds like that was wrong.

Around the Network
Angelus said:

I think I may be out on the idea of MS buying the WB studios. Putting aside for a minute that I don't believe they're going to actually be sold anymore at this point, I'm starting to rethink what they'd really be worth in terms of price. There's no doubt that they have some talented people, capable of making very good games, but the output isn't particularly strong if we're being honest.

WB Montreal hasn't released a game since what....Arkham Origins? So Gotham Knights will be their first game in 8 years. Yikes. Mind you, they're not working with a new IP here either, where they had to spend a ton of time figuring out the setting, characters, core gameplay loop, etc. They're taking an existing formula, and adding RPG mechanics and co-op. Not to diminish their work, but that's not exactly a herculean undertaking.

Then we have Rocksteady. They haven't released a game since Arkham Knight. Assuming Suicide Squad makes it's 2022 launch date, it'll be 7 years for them. Now, they've at least jumped around in the DC setting a bit, and I would imagine they gameplay loop is going to be rather a bit different from their Arkham games, but 7 years is still a really long time. And that's how long they're taking to make games that are ultimately set in the same universe, with established characters and stories that have tons of source material to draw from, and according to them, in the same continuity as their previous titles.

What happens when you eventually take away these licenses, that you'd have pay AT&T hand over fist to keep, and ask those studios to make something entirely new? How long would they take then? An actual decade for the first entry? No thanks man.

Also to me it serves no purpose to the Xbox brand if these games are still coming to PS. It’s Wasteland 3 and Psychonauts 2 all over again. Unless they willing to strip the PS versions of Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad I see MS paying a lot of money for Xbox reaping nothing in the short term. The only upside is Day 1 Game Pass but even then it should be exclusive. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Angelus said:

I think I may be out on the idea of MS buying the WB studios. Putting aside for a minute that I don't believe they're going to actually be sold anymore at this point, I'm starting to rethink what they'd really be worth in terms of price. There's no doubt that they have some talented people, capable of making very good games, but the output isn't particularly strong if we're being honest.

WB Montreal hasn't released a game since what....Arkham Origins? So Gotham Knights will be their first game in 8 years. Yikes. Mind you, they're not working with a new IP here either, where they had to spend a ton of time figuring out the setting, characters, core gameplay loop, etc. They're taking an existing formula, and adding RPG mechanics and co-op. Not to diminish their work, but that's not exactly a herculean undertaking.

Then we have Rocksteady. They haven't released a game since Arkham Knight. Assuming Suicide Squad makes it's 2022 launch date, it'll be 7 years for them. Now, they've at least jumped around in the DC setting a bit, and I would imagine they gameplay loop is going to be rather a bit different from their Arkham games, but 7 years is still a really long time. And that's how long they're taking to make games that are ultimately set in the same universe, with established characters and stories that have tons of source material to draw from, and according to them, in the same continuity as their previous titles.

What happens when you eventually take away these licenses, that you'd have pay AT&T hand over fist to keep, and ask those studios to make something entirely new? How long would they take then? An actual decade for the first entry? No thanks man.

Also to me it serves no purpose to the Xbox brand if these games are still coming to PS. It’s Wasteland 3 and Psychonauts 2 all over again. Unless they willing to strip the PS versions of Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad I see MS paying a lot of money for Xbox reaping nothing in the short term. The only upside is Day 1 Game Pass but even then it should be exclusive. 

It does serve a purpose to casual gamers or people who don't have a lot of money to spend to come to game pass.

Angelus said:
I'm going to be incredibly frustrated if Halo gets moved into 2022. I literally don't give a fuck if it looks like the gameplay we saw at the event. I just want the game to be complete, and I wanna play it.

This. I don't give a shit if it isn't a next-gen graphical showcase or if it looks worse than some current gen games. I'd just fancy to play a complete, good Halo game.

The unthinkable has finally happened!

I reached a 50.0% achievement completion rate.

To give you an idea why it took so long, I need to unlock ~570 achievements from my current gaming library to get from 50% to 51%.

Last edited by Barozi - on 23 August 2020

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

I was considering a lot to post it or not, but after few consultations with few different sources I'll put it;

Microsoft/343i is currently very busy with idea of dropping Xbox One support for Halo Infinite.

Even idea to postpone it to early 2022 is on the table. It's pretty messy up there with decisions but they are convinced that they need to make best Halo game ever.

Current version of Halo Infinite on Xbox One S is nowhere near 1080p (even lower than 900p) and is having serious asset loading issues (much worse that you have seen on PC demo).

Idea is to change at the engine level how assets load, make RT as default (improve/"unlock" some assets), improve geometry, post-processing and add more CPU bound interactivity.

I've chatted with Sponger in the past. They're definitely in a position to possibly know such things.

• Drop Xbox One if it makes development easier, Xbox One support can come later via xCloud, shouldn't really be a hard decision to make.

• My soul will be crushed if Halo Infinite gets delayed all the way to early 2022...But it's Halo, I would get over it and accept it because ultimately it will hopefully make the game the best it can be.

• It'd be awful news for Series X though, no Infinite in 2021 with what we can see so far, no other big 2021 titles will slash its legs off, on the flip side it would be good news for Halo and a very good sign for Xbox as a whole, showing they're focusing on long term over short term goals, also their commitment to the quality of their IPs but on the flip of that, it would be a very bad look for 343's management, maybe time to clean up management.

Honestly, I would be totally ok with them dropping Xbox One support in order to improve graphics further. But I do hope that they aren't forced to delay it into 2022 to do that, not sure if they can take the negative PR hit from a 2nd delay. 

It's really just boom or bust for Halo Infinite regardless. If they need to delay it into early 2022 to be sure they're making the game people want, the PR hit won't matter. If it can be a truly great Halo game, it'll still be a game-changer for Xbox this gen.

If the game is released in an underwhelming state just to hit a deadline, they'll never be able to recover, and all that development time and money will have been wasted.

Xbox One support is just another minor issue. If that's absoultely necessary to make the game possible, just cut it off. They should be concerned about making a game truly great enough that everyone wants to rush out to buy a new system to play it. Even scorned Xbone owners.

Last thing I want to hear about after them releasing another Halo game either underwhelming or unfinished, is 'we were worried about delaying the game again', or 'we wanted to keep our promise to Xbox One owners'.

I'd rather they have the confidence to shoulder as much negative PR as necessary, while believing the product they'll make can truly deliver and make up for it. Rather than just opening the door for more excuses.

The same goes for the idea of them taking shortcuts to release parts of the game early, or releasing it with less content and promising to improve it over time through multiple 'seasons' (or whatever terminology they may use), basically just copying the design structure of every other recent multiplayer game. You may as well just say you don't believe a great Halo game can survive on it's own merits, and you don't have the originality to innovate in a way that's actually unique to the series. Maybe CoD can survive with that strategy, but people actually remember what the original Halo games were about and stood for-- innovation, not immitation.

trunkswd said:
Barozi said:

The unthinkable has finally happened!

I reached a 50.0% achievement completion rate.

To give you an idea why it took so long, I need to unlock ~570 achievements from my current gaming library to get from 50% to 51%.

How does one see their achievement completion rate?

That's one of the stats on TrueAchievements.com

trunkswd said:
Barozi said:

That's one of the stats on TrueAchievements.com

44.93%. A lot higher than I was expecting. 4,794 total achievements, so wouldn't take me a ton to get to 50% if I focus on Game Pass games with easy achievements. 

I noticed this on my profile before but when I go to your homepage it says 37.6%.

When I'm logged out and look at my page it says 54.4%. No idea why.

EDIT: Oh I see the difference. When I'm logged out it says "includes owned DLC" and when I'm signed it it says "includes all DLC".

Last edited by Barozi - on 23 August 2020

My reaction to recent gaming news.

Gotham Knights actually looks really cool and I’m definitely interested, idc if Batman isn’t playable in it.

Suicide Squad looks meh af, I hate that they used designs inspired by the movie especially after all of the amazing designs Rocksteady created for Arkham Knight. Can’t believe that this is what they have been working on for so long.

Also the Suicide Squad 2 movie looks terrible overinflated cast with characters no one cares about.

EspadaGrim said:

My reaction to recent gaming news.

Gotham Knights actually looks really cool and I’m definitely interested, idc if Batman isn’t playable in it.

Suicide Squad looks meh af, I hate that they used designs inspired by the movie especially after all of the amazing designs Rocksteady created for Arkham Knight. Can’t believe that this is what they have been working on for so long.

Also the Suicide Squad 2 movie looks terrible overinflated cast with characters no one cares about.

That's the suicide squad. A bunch of losers sent to do impossible missions. Also, most of the cast will die anyway. The only ones that are almost sure to survive are harley, rick flag and boomerang.