By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:
coolbeans said:

Puts 343 in an awkward spot, but maybe their FPS considerations can be re-fashioned to make Perfect Dark 2/reboot, among other games.

Eh, I wouldn't think so in a hypothetical where this happened, Bungie likely doesn't even want to work on Halo, Jason Jones is well known as hating sequels and didn't even want to make Halo 3, Lol.

Bungie would be too busy with Destiny 2 and their New IP, they could possibly assist on Halo like other XGS are though, but 343 remaining the Halo studio is probably what would happen and anyone from Bungie who wanted to work on Halo could just easily jump over.

Hates it straight to the bank lol

Dude signed a contract with Activision to do nothing but make sequels/add ons for one game fore a decade. I mean they've gotten out of it obviously, but still....

Around the Network

I think Direct ML (Machine Learning) is a MS R&D product and not joint developed with AMD. Also, I believe Microsoft worked more closely with Nvidia while developing its latest API.

Sony, MS and AMD are taking different approach to ML.

The more I think about Battletoads the more I think it’s actually a 7/10 for me. The last half was so disappointing. It felt like they straight up ran out of budget and resorted to cheap mini games (some were ok). If MS increased the budget, helped them get online co-op and delayed it a bit, this could’ve been a pretty decent launch title for Series X. I wouldn’t mind them getting another shot at a Battletoads.

guess whose willing to pay 750 million for bungie

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
coolbeans said:
kirby007 said:
guess whose willing to pay 750 million for bungie

COKTOE?

close but no

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I wonder how many people here still plays SoT, I’m mainly on a break from it but I’ll hop on every now and then. Played it for two years straight lol

Ryuu96 said:
Looking at how much 4A Games were acquired for kinda stings, Microsoft could have easily outbid Embracer Group 10 times over.

Phil always goes on about Bioware mistake, they better not make that same mistake again.

Just keep that price in mind when discussing WB value please.

I think I may be out on the idea of MS buying the WB studios. Putting aside for a minute that I don't believe they're going to actually be sold anymore at this point, I'm starting to rethink what they'd really be worth in terms of price. There's no doubt that they have some talented people, capable of making very good games, but the output isn't particularly strong if we're being honest.

WB Montreal hasn't released a game since what....Arkham Origins? So Gotham Knights will be their first game in 8 years. Yikes. Mind you, they're not working with a new IP here either, where they had to spend a ton of time figuring out the setting, characters, core gameplay loop, etc. They're taking an existing formula, and adding RPG mechanics and co-op. Not to diminish their work, but that's not exactly a herculean undertaking.

Then we have Rocksteady. They haven't released a game since Arkham Knight. Assuming Suicide Squad makes it's 2022 launch date, it'll be 7 years for them. Now, they've at least jumped around in the DC setting a bit, and I would imagine they gameplay loop is going to be rather a bit different from their Arkham games, but 7 years is still a really long time. And that's how long they're taking to make games that are ultimately set in the same universe, with established characters and stories that have tons of source material to draw from, and according to them, in the same continuity as their previous titles.

What happens when you eventually take away these licenses, that you'd have pay AT&T hand over fist to keep, and ask those studios to make something entirely new? How long would they take then? An actual decade for the first entry? No thanks man.

I'm going to be incredibly frustrated if Halo gets moved into 2022. I literally don't give a fuck if it looks like the gameplay we saw at the event. I just want the game to be complete, and I wanna play it.