By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

V-Rally 4 is pretty good! I mean when you consider that the budget is not nearly on the same level as DiRT.
I enjoy it a lot more than the WRC games from the same devs.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Angelus said:
So which of the new games shown yesterday are you guys most interested in playing? (You can go ahead and make that question the new poll, Ryu)

Gotta be The Ascent for me.

Of the ones I already knew about, it's Bloodlines 2 and AC of course.

Idk what to include, Lol.

Technically Scorn and Bright Memory aren't new either.

Well I can't do all the work for you.

I mean I was technically scorned by this event anyway, so looking back on it isn't exactly a bright memory for me. 

Better they learned a lesson on this then messing up the July event

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

The wait until the July event is gonna suck. Hopefully we get some cool third party stuff next month to fill the gap. We'll see more Cyberpunk, so that's definitely good.

Honestly though, I'm a bit trepidatious about the July showing at this point. I feel like I should prepare myself for another shitty IX, with rapid fire game trailers that give almost nothing a chance to shine, interlaced with some people from the respective studios talking (rather than showing), and then maybe one actual gameplay demo for Halo.

Cus even ignoring MS fucking up the messaging for their IX yesterday, and the general stupid idea of having a bunch of cross gen indies be the first ever gameplay showcases for your "most powerful console ever," MS still hasn't gotten over their quantity over quality presentation style. That's not to be mistaken for my saying that a lot of the games they show don't end up being quality, but when you just put on this never ending barrage of trailers, it all just sort of runs together, and nothing feels as memorable as it might otherwise be. This style was a nice change of pace when they started it at E3 a few years back, because before that, their shows were just generally pretty ass for a while, so just seeing a lot of games, without a whole lot of gimmicky BS interspersed, was a welcome change of pace. Now though, especially as MS is gathering more talent, acquired more studios, and are just generally in a better position to work with....well, it's just not a format that I think does anyone a great service.

You're not at E3 now. You're not paying for stage time. You don't have 100s of journalists in the room who gotta go cover a million other things next door. Either make your stream longer, or cut stuff out and only talk about/show the most far along projects. You gotta make the audience feel like these are big games that they should care about. Not rush from one to the next like it's a garage sale, and you're trying to convince the neighbors to take every last piece of junk you got laying around off your hands. There's no impact in that.

shikamaru317 said:
Angelus said:
So which of the new games shown yesterday are you guys most interested in playing? (You can go ahead and make that question the new poll, Ryu)

Gotta be The Ascent for me.

Of the ones I already knew about, it's Bloodlines 2 and AC of course.

I'll have to go with Scarlet Nexus. The Medium also looked really good, but I don't typically play horror games myself, so I'll likely be watching the Scary Game Squad let's play of it instead of playing it myself. Also interested in Bright Memory Infinite, the Dinosaur shooter, and Call of the Sea.

Pussy.

Bright Memory (kudos to what is apparently one guy yolo-ing that project), and Call of the Sea definitely looked interesting. The Dino thing honestly seems pretty generic to me, but hey....people like dinos and they like shootin shit so for all I know it might sell like hotcakes.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
We need another event in May so we can blast over 5,000 posts.

Come on WB!

I can always just go on some more rants and spread them out over many posts.

B.C

shikamaru317 said:

Well there is one we can cross off the possible Xbox exclusive list from yesterday. 

Yeah it seemed unlikely just Bandai Namco been slow to update their site.

I’m just hoping they make a acquisition. ANY at this point will do lol. Techland and Sega rumours being false bummed me out 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

shikamaru317 said:

This game looks seriously impressive for a 1 man studio. Dude is a regular renaissance man, majorly multi-talented. There are so many different departments in a video game studio, design (gameplay), programming, animation, art, audio, quality assurance, narrative, etc.; and this guy did it all by himself (except for the voice acting) at like AA tier quality at least, some facets even look AAA quality.

Agreed on all counts. Though I do have to say this demo looks A LOT less visually impressive than that trailer they showed yesterday. Still, I'd definitely give this a go on GamePass.