By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I do kinda feel bad atm for the developers of the games that were shown, cus everyone is dumping on how bad this IX was, but it's really not their fault why people are disappointed, and I'm sure a lot of those games will be really fun.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Angelus said:
I do kinda feel bad atm for the developers of the games that were shown, cus everyone is dumping on how bad this IX was, but it's really not their fault why people are disappointed, and I'm sure a lot of those games will be really fun.

I do feel bad too, I want to reiterate the bad thing is specifically the marketing, not the games.

Looking at Youtube it seems people feel the same way, the Series X trailers/Inside Xbox are being dislike bombed but the actual game trailers themselves are receiving a lot of likes.

And if I look at it from a perspective of ignoring the marketing, simply focusing on the games, it was pretty nice.

It’s very simple, we have been used to E3 for as long as we can remember. This showing had no AAA surprises and 1st party exclusives. People having a hard time adjusting. July can’t come soon enough. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

So this show was meant to highlight the B tier launch window exclusives + some other third parties.

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Lol, I saw where former Xbox exec Albert Penello was making fun of what was being called gameplay today:

At least they were in-engine, should be roughly representative of what we can expect from actual gameplay.

From game reveal trailers? I'd say the show was about as I would expect reveals to be, In-engine footage and gameplay montages with a few of them been cinematic trailers.

Xbox said get a first look at next generation gameplay on Inside Xbox not "we are only showing next gen gameplay on Inside Xbox"

I think the one thing that was disappointing was the Assassin's Creed Valhalla part of gameplay reveal which people were expecting more.

Xbox getting back to its roots with supporting indies. 360 was amazing in part thanks to Xbox Live Arcade.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

And that's exactly what I predicted would happen (see what I said about RDR2)

It is gameplay, just from a different camera perspective. I can easily recreate all of the shots we've seen in the trailer with the photo mode once the game launches.

If you want to see actual gameplay footage you won't find it in a trailer, you'll find it in a gameplay demo.

Ryuu96 said:

Lol Why did MS not mention any of these exclusives during the show or havea. badge to indicate exclusivity? So weird.

Gonna be 2 months worth of everyone on twitter talking about how garbage the Series X is.....fun stuff.

The big take for me is that MS are investing in exclusive atmospheric horror games and one of them has music by Akira Yamaoka and I love it!

Ryuu96 said:
Angelus said:
Gonna be 2 months worth of everyone on twitter talking about how garbage the Series X is.....fun stuff.

Yup, just going to hope the publisher events drown out the nonsense and play my Switch.

They'll look dumb when Playground blows our socks off.

There's definitely a lot of pressure now on that July event being fucking amazing.