By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
ironmanDX said:
KiigelHeart said:
On topic of finishing games.. I like to finish games I start and unlock as many achievements as possible. I prefer not to play too many single-player games at a time.

I only drop games that are really awful or unenjoyable. Doesn't happen often though.

Took me 106h to finish main story of Kingdom Come and now I'm playing rest of expansions :P

106 hours... Ok, you obviously really enjoy the game. 

What are some things about the game that impress you the most? I've been on the edge, teetering to play the game but never have. Push me over? 🤣

I find it very immersive because it's very realistic. The game won't go easy on you nyt it's very rewarding.

Henry is just a blacksmith's son at the beginning who can't swing a sword or pick kicks etc. You can't just do quests and then choose to hae XP points to boost these skills. No, you actually have to practise for Henry to improve.

Riding your horde boosts horseman skills, running boosts vitality, talking to people improves speech, sneaking improves stealth and so on. 

Eventually you see Henry developing as a character.  And you experience this historical story through his eyes. Story is simple but it works great. Characters are well-written.

There's plenty of quality side quests and also simplier activities to earn money, improve skills and make a name for yourself. Money is actually tight and tough to earn, I loved this.

Quests can be completed in many different ways.  Cutting corners may earn you quick coin but there may be worse concequences.

That's some stuff I like. Might be my favorite rpg. But you got to invest some time to see all it has to offer. 

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:
ironmanDX said:

106 hours... Ok, you obviously really enjoy the game. 

What are some things about the game that impress you the most? I've been on the edge, teetering to play the game but never have. Push me over? 🤣

I find it very immersive because it's very realistic. The game won't go easy on you nyt it's very rewarding.

Henry is just a blacksmith's son at the beginning who can't swing a sword or pick kicks etc. You can't just do quests and then choose to hae XP points to boost these skills. No, you actually have to practise for Henry to improve.

Riding your horde boosts horseman skills, running boosts vitality, talking to people improves speech, sneaking improves stealth and so on. 

Eventually you see Henry developing as a character.  And you experience this historical story through his eyes. Story is simple but it works great. Characters are well-written.

There's plenty of quality side quests and also simplier activities to earn money, improve skills and make a name for yourself. Money is actually tight and tough to earn, I loved this.

Quests can be completed in many different ways.  Cutting corners may earn you quick coin but there may be worse concequences.

That's some stuff I like. Might be my favorite rpg. But you got to invest some time to see all it has to offer. 

I love that kind of leveling system in the Elder Scrolls series (especially in Oblivion).

Ryuu96 said:

Hopefully this means that Gris will make it to Xbox in the future.

Ryuu96 said:

In all honesty there's quite a lot of level design issues for Halo Imo, Halo CE has a great first half like you mentioned but then it becomes Backtrack Evolved. Halo 2 has great Chief levels but all of Arbiter's levels are trash. Halo 3 is where Bungie completely shit the bed with The Flood, they went from a creepy enemy which honestly weren't bad to fight, I had fun fighting them in CE, to a completely annoying/boring bullet sponge which made any level with Flood in it on Halo 3 crap too.

I think I'm the only one who actually likes The Library I absolutely loved The Flood in CE but Bungie ruined them as an enemy which has sadly put a lot of people off them, even though I consider them to be the best villain Halo has storywise.

Halo 3 was the first Halo campaign I finished, and sponge-Flood was the main reason I hated it and didn't bother with the franchise.

I disliked MCC at first too, but I liked Halo 5 quite a bit and gave it another shot. Played all the campaigns multiple times since. Flood is pretty cool in CE and 2! 

Still not a fan of the Library though heh.

edit. Yeah Flood was awesome in HW2. Also Atriox should return,  he was freaking terrifying. Makes TC's Gears games look like Pocoyo.

Series X launch I expect,
Halo Infinite
Everwild
CrossfireX
AAA XGP game.
AA 1st party game.

Around the Network

Well fuck....

trunkswd said:

It could work as long as the game is two to three times longer than any other Halo campaign. Gears 5 is the longest campaign in the franchise's history and the most interesting story in the franchise (IMO) meant the game never got boring for me despite its length. Sure I have more faith in The Coalition than 343 Industries, but I have hope Halo Infinite will be a good game. 

Ummm.. ok.

Ryuu96 said:
Cyberpunk 2077 delayed to September 17, I expected as much and I'm kinda happy, now I'll likely just wait until Series X cause I didn't really want to play it on my Xbox One S anyway.

I'm bummed. It was the only game coming out first half of 2020 that I was looking forward to play. Now I gotta find something new coming out to play.

Ryuu96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Same, I was already feeling mighty torn between playing on PS4 Pro at launch or waiting on Series X or PS5 (whichever I decide to buy first). Now I'll just wait and play it on next-gen, either through BC or ports (they recently teased that next-gen ports might happen, after they previously said that there were no plans for them. Maybe that tease was specifically because they were considering delaying it until closer to the next-gen launch.  

Yeah, I really didn't want to play it on my Xbox One S, I'm already having issues on a few games but the wait to November would have been unbearable, now a 2 month wait isn't that bad.

2 days would be too long of a wait!

Ryuu96 said:

I think that's what I read, I'm pretty sure the menu in particular is bad on all consoles.

Rage 2 menu and using map in Control lags as fuck on Xbox One X too. Don't think it has much to do with console power.