By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The Overwatch 2 launch is a disaster. It's been 3 hours and I still haven't been able to get pass the main screen.

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:

Sable and Echo Generation leaving GP, get on that honey jeev hoes, two fairly short pretty easy 1000G games. EG took me 6hrs and Sable took me 18hrs

Fairly short ='s 6-18 hours

jason1637 said:

The Overwatch 2 launch is a disaster. It's been 3 hours and I still haven't been able to get pass the main screen.

No joke! Mike Ybarra tweeted that they’ve experiencing a major DDoS attack today. 

gtotheunit91 said:
jason1637 said:

No joke! Mike Ybarra tweeted that they’ve experiencing a major DDoS attack today. 

Wow this has to be one of the most severe cyber attacks in gaming. Everyone I know that planned on playing ti today has not even got passed the menu, myself included. Never seen a MP game launch with servers this bad.

coolbeans said:
VersusEvil said:

Sable and Echo Generation leaving GP, get on that honey jeev hoes, two fairly short pretty easy 1000G games. EG took me 6hrs and Sable took me 18hrs

Tbf, that 18hrs was without a guide so I'd imagine you could do it in 10 or less.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:
coolbeans said:

Tbf, that 18hrs was without a guide so I'd imagine you could do it in 10 or less.

Gotcha.  That makes sense.

coolbeans said:
VersusEvil said:

Gotcha.  That makes sense.

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Sable/completiontime

Even with a guide sub 10 hours is basically unobtainable.

Echo Generation has nice visuals and a nice story. The turn based combat is very simplistic though.

Third post in a row but there's not much happening here right now.

Finished Immortals: Fenyx Rising a few days ago.

The good:

- Visuals are nice
- performance is good on Series X (there is however noticeable screen tearing when you move the camera quickly)
- puzzles are decent as well even if some mechanics are clearly over- and underused.
- Combat feels good.
- Platforming works good too.
- Other than being stuck inside a certain type of wall twice, the game is pretty bug free

The bad:

- Very empty open world without any NPCs and barely any wildlife other than designated spots where for whatever reason three lions or bears hang out.
- Enemies level partly with you and are just re-skinned (red =easy, blue =medium and purple=hard)
- Bosses, of which there are many, are just bigger versions of regular enemies with the same move sets and much bigger health bars.
- Talking about health bars, it takes a ridiculous amount of hits to kill some enemies - even when weapons are fully upgraded.
- The game is far too easy. I played on normal and didn't die once to the hand of an enemy (only by falling and thinking I still had a double jump left to save me instead of activating my wings...). Barely had to use health potions as well.
- 90% of equipment is useless. I basically used the equipment I started with or found within the first hour of the game and never changed it because it was clearly the best. One gave me a health chunk which is quite important at the beginning and it can be upgraded to give you three health chunks. Another piece of equipment gave me 20% bonus damage for swords which was my main weapon. etc. Other effects are so specific towards one of your powers that it becomes uesless for anything else.
- The devs were clearly bored or how does one explain the unnecessary amount of mounts (26 different ones of which there are 19 horses and 7 deer but no other species), dozens of skins for your wings, your pet bird, weapons and armor.
- upgrading your equipment takes forever. The shard requirements are far too high and you get next to nothing from chests or red/blue enemies.
- boring and incredibly predictable story
- awful dialogue and/or voice actors
- personally not a fan of using the stamina bar for climbing and gliding. It's just annoying when you're just about to climb the final stretch a steep wall only to find out that your stamina is empty and then "waste" a potion. Same for gliding and then sinking to the ground when stamina is empty even though your objective is still hundreds of meters away. The only point where it makes sense is during the agility challenges (though you can often cheat with mounts...).

7.5/10

Bethesda has been busy in SteamDB as of late. The one notable change yesterday was they moved Starfield’s release date of 11/11/22 to a placeholder date of December 29, 2023. Which could mean either a release date announcement is imminent, or, the game truly will be delayed to holiday 2023