By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:

Ori 2 done, took about 15 hours I think. My impressions:

Positives

+Improved combat and platforming compared to Ori 1

+Fantastic soundtrack

+Fantastic artwork

+Excellent story

+Improved save and respawn system compared to Ori 1.

Negatives

-The section with Ori and Ku working together was under utilized, would have been cool to see that section last longer

-Performance issues, even after the patch. I still got frame drops and outright framerate pauses at times. There are also loading issues where areas of the world don't load fast enough, allowing Ori to run or fall off screen and take damage that you can't even see to avoid.

-Slow map loading (sometimes as long as 5 seconds) and no minimap make for frustration when you're trying to get to a specific area and need to keep checking the map to be sure you're on the right route

-Occasional audio bugs, especially with a certain mosquito hive in the desert map

-Spirit trial time targets should have been made a bit easier on easy mode like the other elements of the game were. A few of these time trials were quite difficult, one in particular took me at least 20 minutes of retrying to win.

-Some of the achievements are way too hard. Never touching corrupted water, no deaths, 4 hour speedrun, etc. I managed to get 720/1000 GS, any more than that would be extremely difficult.

-Ending felt rushed, like it should have been the ending for a trilogy ending 3rd game instead of the 2nd game.

Overall score: 9.2/10

Beat it earlier today with a total (in-game) time of 12 hours and 40 minutes on normal difficulty. (100% playthrough)

I agree on pretty much everything, especially on the ending part. The severity of the situation pretty much came out of nowhere.

Didn't have any problem with the spirit trials though. Usually finished them on my second try.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Barozi said:

Beat it earlier today with a total (in-game) time of 12 hours and 40 minutes on normal difficulty. (100% playthrough)

I agree on pretty much everything, especially on the ending part. The severity of the situation pretty much came out of nowhere.

Didn't have any problem with the spirit trials though. Usually finished them on my second try.

Yeah, the ending feels rushed for sure.

Spoiler!
I was really not expecting Ori to die in the 2nd game, figured we'd at least get a trilogy before that happened. Sure they technically left open the possibility for a sequel with a new playable spirit character, since it shows a new spirit being born at the end, but it's just not the same as actually playing as Ori. I also thought it was kind of lame that you couldn't save the villain, beating him causes him to run and hide under his parents remains. 

Some of the spirit trials were quite easy, several I beat after 1-3 attempts. There were 2 in particular that I struggled with, one of the main problems is that you encounter them before you get abilities that you need to beat them, they are nearly impossible without certain abilities. Since I was trying to do them as I encountered them instead of saving them for mop-up after beating the game, I spent way too much time trying to beat them without the abilities you're supposed to have. One I spent like a half hour on before I gave up and came back after getting the ability you're supposed to have to beat it. Another I spent like 45 minutes on, and actually managed to beat it without the ability you're supposed to have to beat it, which takes a pretty much flawless run to do. 

Never really encountered this issue as I alwasy had the right ability at the right time *cough* except for flash *cough*.
I did my last two of them after collecting every ability and was surprised how I couldn't use triple jump or launch. It made sense of course as there is only one ghost to race against but I almost forgot how to play without these abilities.

I still can't believe we did not get a new GTA game this console generation...

Anonymous1796 said:

Unless you count the MMO, there also hasn't been a new Elder Scrolls this entire gen.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
Angelus said:

Unless you count the MMO, there also hasn't been a new Elder Scrolls this entire gen.

Imagine the jump in graphics from Skyrim to ES6 or GTAV to GTAVI

I have pretty low expectations in regards to Bethesda so.....chances are I won't be all that impressed. 

Angelus said:
Anonymous1796 said:

I'd count it even if your not an MMO fan playing through it like a SP game works out great.

shikamaru317 said:
Angelus said:

I have pretty low expectations in regards to Bethesda so.....chances are I won't be all that impressed. 

Don't forget that Bethesda revealed that TES 6 is using a new engine, and that they're using photogrammetry to scan real world assets to be modeled in game. I think Bethesda is going to surprise us with TES 6.

Starfield on the other hand, which is coming before TES 6, might disappoint though. We know that it was using the archaic Creation engine, though there have been rumors that Bethesda ran into major texture streaming issues with Starfield in the space flight sections due to Creation engine limitations and were considering transferring it over to the new TES 6 engine, so maybe Starfield will be impressive too. I guess we'll have to wait and see. 

Time will tell. In any case, I've reached the point with Bethesda where I'd rather believe they're completely full of shit, and be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong and they actually made a great game, rather than get my hopes up, only to be disappointed again.

WoodenPints said:
Angelus said:

I'd count it even if your not an MMO fan playing through it like a SP game works out great.

I did play ESO for a while, and enjoyed it, but being an MMO, I honestly didn't really pay any attention to the quality of the stories and such, cus I was way too focused on power leveling, etc. I don't tend to really take time to immerse myself in the quests of these types of games.

Ryuu96 said:

Nice bingo board you got there ;)

coolbeans said:
I am not buying the 2-3 new studio acquisitions.

Phil didn't ask you to foot the bill, did he? lol