By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Anonymous1796 said:
trunkswd said:

Welcome to the Xbox and the Xbox Empire. 

Thanks, do you own the elite controller 2? If yes, is it worth it?

I can tell you that the controller that came with the X1X is already a lot better than the early Xbox One controllers.

On the plus side, all controllers are compatible with the future Xbox Series X so you could still use the Elite Controller 2 in the future.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Anonymous1796 said:

Thanks, do you own the elite controller 2? If yes, is it worth it?

I can tell you that the controller that came with the X1X is already a lot better than the early Xbox One controllers.

On the plus side, all controllers are compatible with the future Xbox Series X so you could still use the Elite Controller 2 in the future.

What makes them better?

Anonymous1796 said:
Barozi said:

What makes them better?

To name a few things:

Bluetooth (no need for wireless adapter)
Textured grip
New thumbsticks
Increased range
3.5mm jack
Redesigned shoulder buttons

To me the biggest improvements are the textured grip and the redesigned shoulder buttons. They were awful to use on the old controllers. Bluetooth is pretty cool too but I bought the wireless adapter so it doesnt matter to me.

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

IGN's Poll for Which New Xbox Game Studio are you most excited to see a game from? Has Obsidian winning with 41.9% of the votes so far, followed by Ninja Theory at 23.9%, Playground Games at 14.9%, The Initiative at 11.6%, Undead Labs at 4.5%, InXile at 1.7% and Compulsion Games at 1.5%.

Compared to our poll from the last Empire thread.

Anyone thinking about changing their rankings? I'm growing more convinced that InXile is going to be a dark horse into next gen and surprise a lot of people, my rankings would remain mostly the same but I'm growing some excitement over the thought of The Initiative working on Perfect Dark since I want a Cyberpunk title from Xbox.

My Ranking of Excitement.

1. Obsidian
  2. Playground Games
  3. The Initiative
  4. InXile
  5. Ninja Theory
  6. Undead Labs
  7. Compulsion Games
  8. World's Edge.

My ranking:

1. Playground Games- The thought of possibly getting both FH5 Japan and a Fable reboot from them easily puts them at number 1 for me.

2. Obsidian- A sequel to The Outer Worlds and the rumored Skyrim like AAA 3D Pillars of Eternity both sound great, MS having their own 1st party Elder Scrolls like and Fallout like is amazing for me as I love Bethesda’s games.

3. The Initiative- The hope that they’re working on a story driven 3rd person action-adventure reboot of Perfect Dark puts them high on my list. Though it does worry me that Phil keeps saying they are doing something very different, I hope that doesn’t mean that is some non-traditional game.

4. inXile- I wasn’t very hyped for inXile when they were first acquired because they mainly make AA 2D isometric RPG’s that don’t interest me, but as soon as they started talking about making a AAA 3D RPG my interest level shot up.

5. World’s Edge- I was a big AoE fan once upon a time, especially AoE2. I have high hopes that Worlds Edge will be able to return the franchise to it’s former glory.

6. Double Fine- It’s a little hard for me to get hyped for Double Fine just yet since unlike many of the other studios we have no idea what they are working on other than Psychonauts 2. My hopes for them are Costume Quest 3 and Brutal Legend 2, but I fear we won’t get either anytime soon.

7. Ninja Theory- It’s a little hard for me to get excited for them because I’m not a big Hellblade fan, and because their other projects are horror games and I don’t usually play horror games, I watch let’s plays of them on YouTube instead. Bleeding Edge is great and I’m definitely excited to see future content for it, but I fear the game will die without receiving much DLC sadly.

8. Compulsion- I see a lot of potential here, We Happy Few had promise but was overambitious for their team size and budget at the time, which caused them to rush the game out before it was ready, and to rely on repetitive content to pad out the game. But with MS budget they have expanded some and I hope that with the increased budget and team size that they will be able to meet the high AA scope of their next project. They could become Microsoft’s very own first party version of Irrational Games, making Bioshock like games.

9. Undead Labs- Hard for me to get excited about them since we pretty much know that they are doing State of Decay 3. Zombies games aren’t really my cup of tea.

Are you guessing FH5 will be in Japan? That sounds like the perfect location. Also for Perfect Dark, given the talent they have I’m picturing it playing like surge Tomb Raider series, which would constitute “very different” from the FPS roots 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

trunkswd said:
shikamaru317 said:

They are both very good, but the changing seasons they added for FH4 pushes it just above FH3 for me. Though FH3 has more varied landscapes, everything from desert to jungle to beaches to a big city to farmland. 

Where do the two games take place? 

3 is in Australia, 4 is in the UK

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
shikamaru317 said:

FH3 or FH4, they are the best of the Horizon games. FH4 is a bit better than 3 imo. 

If you say FH4 is better I'll give that one a try when I have the time. With Game Pass it doesn't cost me anything to give a game a try. 

I'll help you with your decision. FH3 is not on Game Pass. Done.

trunkswd said:
shikamaru317 said:

Well, 3 has changing weather in the form of rain. 4 adds seasonal changes as you work your way through the story. Once you experience all 4 seasons through the story, the game changes seasons once a week. 

Having spent 6 months in northern England I can say it only snowed three times during the winter. How much of the UK is in the game? 

Not that much and the scale is off too. There is only one proper city in the game and that is Edinburgh.

My XGS ranking:
1. Playground
2. The Initiative
3. Ninja theory
4. Obsidian
5. InXile

Barozi said:
Anonymous1796 said:

What makes them better?

To name a few things:

Bluetooth (no need for wireless adapter)
Textured grip
New thumbsticks
Increased range
3.5mm jack
Redesigned shoulder buttons

To me the biggest improvements are the textured grip and the redesigned shoulder buttons. They were awful to use on the old controllers. Bluetooth is pretty cool too but I bought the wireless adapter so it doesnt matter to me.

You know what makes the Xbox controller superior for me?

AA batteries. Kid you not.

When the batteries run out of juice, I just hot-swap another set of rechargeable AA batteries and get back to gaming.

I don't need to "dock" the controllers to recharge, I don't need to live-life on a USB cable. Just swap and go.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

My XGS Ranking

1. The Initiative
2. Ninja Theory
3. Obsidian
4. Playground
5. Inxile
6. Double Fine
7. Undead Labs
8. Compulsion
9. Worlds Edge