By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
jason1637 said:
Anonymous1796 said:
What is the max price you guys will pay for Xbox Series X? I am at 500 euros.

$500.

$700... Aussie Dollars though... Na, I'd go to $800 but of course the cheaper the better.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
jason1637 said:

$500.

$700... Aussie Dollars though... Na, I'd go to $800 but of course the cheaper the better.

The way the $$$ has tanked in this crisis, throwing in GST, I will be very surprised if the AUD price is below $900.

And TBH, where 3 months ago I thought I'd be getting a Series X fairly close to launch I no longer view that as likely unless EB Games or MS run a very good trade in deal on the One X.

Too much money at an uncertain time.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
ironmanDX said:

The way the $$$ has tanked in this crisis, throwing in GST, I will be very surprised if the AUD price is below $900.

And TBH, where 3 months ago I thought I'd be getting a Series X fairly close to launch I no longer view that as likely unless EB Games or MS run a very good trade in deal on the One X.

ASX rebounded today due to the slowing infection rates. By the time December rolls in I think it will settle at around 65-70c. It's currently at 60c now.

Not to where it once was of course... I'm thinking $700-800... If MS launch at $499 USD.

XB1X will get discontinued due to price and Lockhart replacing it, The XB1S won’t because it still has planed support for 2 more years.

Did not know that Shadow of Mordor and the GOTY version are counted as two separate games, same goes for Witcher 3 and it’s GOTY version so stupid of them to do it like this.

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:

Did not know that Shadow of Mordor and the GOTY version are counted as two separate games, same goes for Witcher 3 and it’s GOTY version so stupid of them to do it like this.

Do you auto get all of the achievements?

Hmm...

ironmanDX said:
starcraft said:

ASX rebounded today due to the slowing infection rates. By the time December rolls in I think it will settle at around 65-70c. It's currently at 60c now.

Not to where it once was of course... I'm thinking $700-800... If MS launch at $499 USD.

At current exchange rates USD500 is AUD 820. With GST that becomes AUD902. Plus greater shipping costs and less economies of scale. AUD could improve but not a whole heap.

I can see them making it $899 to say its under $900. They will want to avoid going higher if they can. I know its a long time ago, but the PS3 launched at $999 and that was a PR nightmare and a launch disaster.

trunkswd said:
starcraft said:

At current exchange rates USD500 is AUD 820. With GST that becomes AUD902. Plus greater shipping costs and less economies of scale. AUD could improve but not a whole heap.

I can see them making it $899 to say its under $900. They will want to avoid going higher if they can. I know its a long time ago, but the PS3 launched at $999 and that was a PR nightmare and a launch disaster.

The forums working for you? They've been down most of the night. 

Most of the day* for me

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9132380https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9132380

I'm expecting it to launch at same as the OG Xbox One did £429/$500 or rather £449 these days citing "challenging market conditions"

I'm happy with paying that as I've already got the money set aside ready for a purchase along with the fact I'm not getting multiple (All) the consuls again next gen and just sticking with one which is currently Xbox unless they royally screw up combined with Sony actually starting to makes games I like again but that seems even more unlikely than the former.

I was originally planning to go with a new PC this year and skip out on consoles all together for now but my PC shopping cart always ends up creeping well over £2000 because when it comes to PC building it's balls deep or nothing hah but really with the specs of next gen consoles I resigned myself to probably move away from PC going forward and enjoying gaming as a cheaper hobby rather than an enthusiast cost gaming rig.

So inside xbox tomorrow at 2 PM PT