By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
gtotheunit91 said:

Not a good sign when Halo content creators, especially one as fun as Mint Blitz, is making videos about their dislike for the progression system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzoCNJe-Xfo

If 343 doesn't fix this issue asap, they're going to start losing players

But it's a good sign content creators and other "influencers" voice their disappointment  in this crappy system. 343 will definitely fix it.

Around the Network

The thing about the progression system...I want it improved, of course, but it's more important for the casual audience than someone like me. I'm gonna play this game religiously, I'm gonna go about my business and finish the BP sooner or later regardless. Where it's really a huge problem is for people that might just have time for an hour or two of play every day, and they're possibly choosing how to split that time between various games their interested in. Not progressing pretty much at all in that time is going to be a huge turn off for them, when other games are rewarding them with stuff much more frequently.

So yea...the longer they leave it as is, the more people it's going to probably turn off the game, cus that casual audience they're trying to capture by being F2P ain't gonna stick around for it.

shikamaru317 said:

My hopes for the future of the Halo Infinite Progression System:.

1. Add slowish earning of the Store Credits to the game, so that the store isn't only available to people willing to spend real money on the game. I believe it costs 2800 credits to buy paid season pass track, so maybe something like 25 credits earned per match, which would allow you to buy the season pass paid track after 112 matches, or maybe a bit faster than that, maybe 30 or 35 credits per match.  

CoD and Fortnite have it that within the battlepass you can earn credits. So if you completed a seasons battlepass you would have earned enough credits to purchase the next seasons battlepass without having to buy it. Halo should implement that but I doubt they will since battlepasses can be played forever.

Angelus said:

The thing about the progression system...I want it improved, of course, but it's more important for the casual audience than someone like me. I'm gonna play this game religiously, I'm gonna go about my business and finish the BP sooner or later regardless. Where it's really a huge problem is for people that might just have time for an hour or two of play every day, and they're possibly choosing how to split that time between various games their interested in. Not progressing pretty much at all in that time is going to be a huge turn off for them, when other games are rewarding them with stuff much more frequently.

So yea...the longer they leave it as is, the more people it's going to probably turn off the game, cus that casual audience they're trying to capture by being F2P ain't gonna stick around for it.

I doubt the casuals will stay with Halo MP.  I have seen enough to know it just does not provide enough candy to keep those people engaged.  It would be way more interesting if you could actually play for different skins of characters in the game instead of different Spartan attachments.  Casuals are use to a lot of diversity in their Free to play games and the current Battlepass is pretty weak.  If the feel and fun of the MP does not keep players and those trinkets are the only way to keep them playing then you will definitely see a huge fall off in players and only the hardcore will continue.

Michael Shannon has left The Coalition. Who's he, you might ask. A dev who worked hard on making Gears 5 horde maybe the best horde in the series, after the launch disaster. Changed so much for the better. Not good news this.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
jason1637 said:

CoD and Fortnite have it that within the battlepass you can earn credits. So if you completed a seasons battlepass you would have earned enough credits to purchase the next seasons battlepass without having to buy it. Halo should implement that but I doubt they will since battlepasses can be played forever.

I know that Dead by Daylight has it so that you can buy both battlepasses and certain store cosmetics with in-game currency, with licensed DLC characters and certain premium cosmetics only being purchasable with a separate real money currency. If that doesn't work for 343/MS, maybe they should remove the ability to buy the Halo battlepasses with credits then, and make them only purchasable through the Xbox store as a separate purchase, that way people can earn in-game credits for the store cosmetics, but still have to buy Battlepasses with real money. Dunno, but locking free players out from both the store cosmetics and the paid battlepass cosmetics is harsh imo, it somehow feels even worse than the Halo 5 randomized lootboxes to me. Free players have access to barely any armor customization currently due to how few cosmetic pieces are in the free battlepass track. I know we free players will get access to some cosmetics on the 2 week limited timed event soon at least, which is nice, but they really need to offer free players more cosmetics and make buying cosmetics with real money more of a time saver thing than a requirement.

There is the free HCS armor skin in the store but besides that free players don’t have anything else. 

KiigelHeart said:

Michael Shannon has left The Coalition. Who's he, you might ask. A dev who worked hard on making Gears 5 horde maybe the best horde in the series, after the launch disaster. Changed so much for the better. Not good news this.

Eh, Gears 6 is nowhere near release anyway and they can just build off his foundation

I mean that's why I'm worried, more time for someone else to get creative and come up with another mess. TC isn't really known for building off foundations :P

Maybe they'll come up with something good, certainly I hope so, but to me it sucks to lose devs who seem passionate for Gears and inspire the fanbase. 

KiigelHeart said:

Yeah it is a shame, he really tried hard to get it ready for 2019 and did his bestt for 2020 so Halo could follow up cleanly.  But 343 fucked up so badly.  Honestly I would be ashamed to be a 343 dev while havn't said sorry to the coallition yet.

My freind list is literally full with people who worked at the Coallition and are gone now...except a few who joined twictch...   

Halo destroyed so much and is sad to see that 343 still not changed the battle pass progress system after 48 hours.  

The xbox group failed again.

Ryuu96 said:
konnichiwa said:

Yeah it is a shame, he really tried hard to get it ready for 2019 and did his bestt for 2020 so Halo could follow up cleanly.  But 343 fucked up so badly.  Honestly I would be ashamed to be a 343 dev while havn't said sorry to the coallition yet.

My freind list is literally full with people who worked at the Coallition and are gone now...except a few who joined twictch...   

Halo destroyed so much and is sad to see that 343 still not changed the battle pass progress system after 48 hours.  

The xbox group failed again.

This is a bit hyperbolic, or extremely, Lol.

What exactly should 343 apologise for? I'm having trouble following how 343 fits into this?

Folk leave studios all the time, stop looking into every departure as if it's a conspiracy.

48 hours is hardly much time, the game is still classified as being in a beta state, I'm fairly confident it will be fixed and the fact that these are the biggest complaints bodes well because they're simple fixes, most people are loving the game aside from the Battle Pass/Limited Playlist options which are simple fixes.

And that last part is a bit weird, they've had multiple successes recently, Lol.

They literelly failed to deliver the game in 2020, and in 2021 the game is still not fine (MP wise).

Yes I take it personally because I belong to the gears of war group including King abz and Shadowz who litterally would gave their life for Gears of war but saw their friends one by one leave the Coallition. 

It is painfull but hey alteast Halo would we be great from the start.  No sorry, I am not going to defend Halo for it is state it is now. This is an issue that doesn't just affect Halo buy whole the Xbox group.  Why can't anyone buy something from the forzathong shop yet...like 10 days afters its release? *

Their are cleary some issues that affect all games and I will not defend the Xbox group for it. At this rate a lot of people will be pissed with Forza/Halo and uninstall it.

Edit:l Ofcourse 2 minutes before my post their is a Forza update..hope it works now.

konnichiwa said:
Ryuu96 said:

This is a bit hyperbolic, or extremely, Lol.

What exactly should 343 apologise for? I'm having trouble following how 343 fits into this?

Folk leave studios all the time, stop looking into every departure as if it's a conspiracy.

48 hours is hardly much time, the game is still classified as being in a beta state, I'm fairly confident it will be fixed and the fact that these are the biggest complaints bodes well because they're simple fixes, most people are loving the game aside from the Battle Pass/Limited Playlist options which are simple fixes.

And that last part is a bit weird, they've had multiple successes recently, Lol.

They literelly failed to deliver the game in 2020, and in 2021 the game is still not fine (MP wise).

Yes I take it personally because I belong to the gears of war group including King abz and Shadowz who litterally would gave their life for Gears of war but saw their friends one by one leave the Coallition. 

It is painfull but hey alteast Halo would we be great from the start.  No sorry, I am not going to defend Halo for it is state it is now. This is an issue that doesn't just affect Halo buy whole the Xbox group.  Why can't anyone buy something from the forzathong shop yet...like 10 days afters its release? *

Their are cleary some issues that affect all games and I will not defend the Xbox group for it. At this rate a lot of people will be pissed with Forza/Halo and uninstall it.

Edit:l Ofcourse 2 minutes before my post their is a Forza update..hope it works now.

You're making it sound like these games are as bad as Cyberpunk 2077 and Fallout 76 were at launch. 

No one is complaining about these games because they're unplayable messes. They're complaining about things that can be addressed pretty quickly. Not overnight, but quickly. Game development takes time. People are loving these games, but no game is perfect, and thankfully, issues are being addressed. That's what we would want. We give feedback and the developers make changes based on the feedback. 

Regarding Infinite not being ready in 2020, I don't understand what many gamers want. Do they want games to be delayed to make sure they're in the best possible state or do they want them to be released as half baked messes as we've had for years? I was really glad they delayed Infinite as it clearly wasn't ready. Cyberpunk 2077 has been out nearly a year and is still really rough around the edges. We've complained for years about games not being released in a playable state or polished state, and now there's more gaming companies delaying them to make sure the game is done and not crunch their employees to death, and yet there's still complainers lol. Hell, Sony delayed God of War: Ragnarok and Horizon: Forbidden West, but no complaints there. Nintendo even outright restarted Metroid Prime 4 development from SCRATCH because they didn't like how the game was turning out. 

Both Forza and Halo have insanely solid foundations. Now they need tweaking, which thankfully Forza is already getting, and 343 has acknowledged and working on.

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 17 November 2021