By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I often lurk to check the pulse of XBE.
I wish the thread was more hyped for the best playing Halo since… maybe ever.
Also, we got too many games to be worried about what other folks are doing. Clear your backlog folks.

Around the Network

Well, knowing that it is a timed exclusive now, I may just wait for it to play on Xbox Series X later :) (I'm talking about KOTOR).
Will see if I can manage to wait or not when it will come out first on Play Station Five ahah

Rest of the year for me is looking like Battlefield in October, Forza in November and Halo in December with bleedage into a big chunk of 2022. If I can squeeze in Diablo 2 in there somewhere, I will. Tales will have to wait.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Ryuu96 said:

22,000/84,000

Biggest challenge there would be reaching that before Ioi decides to pull the plug.

At current pace, this would take around 5 years at least

Not sure if someone is playing it but breathedge on gamepass is worth your time.

It plays like subnautica but then in space and uses comedy a lot to move you trough the plot. Controls are a bit weird at first but you get used to it.

Around the Network

Eh, I have mild interest in the Halo MP. From what I played in the first technical, I enjoyed it but I doubt I'll ever be super into Halo MP again as I was with Halo 3. Most of my interest lies with the SP, which they have yet to show since last year. So understandably my interest so far is rather tame until they do decide to show the SP again. I know I saw someone state that we don't usually get much SP footage before Halo games release but considering the backlash they garnered, I feel there is a need for them to show SP again. Otherwise, we're going to head into launch with a generally negative atmosphere around the game because they decided to keep quiet.

Does the platforming get better in the later levels of Pyschonauts 2? I think the game is beautiful and but I have to be honest all the talking is beginning to annoy me and the platforming isn't exactly that great to me ..Last thing I did was the mail-room section btw

Baddman said:

Does the platforming get better in the later levels of Pyschonauts 2? I think the game is beautiful and but I have to be honest all the talking is beginning to annoy me and the platforming isn't exactly that great to me ..Last thing I did was the mail-room section btw

No, it stays pretty basic. If you're not into the story, or the characters, the game isn't going to do much for you. The levels do get increasingly creative, but the mechanics of what you're doing aren't really going to change much throughout.

Some Guy on Reddit just leaked images from Redfall and is describing how the game plays feels. https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/plxgin/redfall_playtest_images/

I guess ill censor this if some people don't want to be spoiled but it contains no story spoilers just game mechanics/feel.

Spoiler!

The guy describes the gameplay as a Borderlands Looter Shooter there are 6 characters in the current build with more to possibly come, 4 of 6 characters are the same ones that appeared in the reveal trailer, possible in game monitization.

Honestly this is just sounding like Wolfenstein: Youngblood all over again and a possible left over of Bethesda's strategy of monitizing their games before MS bought them, i feel like critics will pan this game if it doesn't turn out to be amazing.

Last edited by EspadaGrim - on 11 September 2021

I wouldn't analysis the graphics of game that looks like a pretty early build.