By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - The Biggest Launch in Xbox History

Post Your Series X Impressions: Has It Matched Your Expectations?

Exceeded Them 11 32.35%

Matched Them 13 38.24%

Below Them 10 29.41%

Total:34
Pemalite said:
kirby007 said:

only game i have a special edition for and it was just a pure coincidence

edit: i have this game not high enough in my top50

This is one of my favorite games of all time.

Same here. Esp. this sequence... This is one of my best memories.

Around the Network

Exceeded them. It loads so quickly. Going from one of the earlier x-box ones to this has been well worth it.

I also happen to have manged to get one XSX. It's what I expected which is all I ask for out of any purchase I do. Nice looking first post.

shikamaru317 said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

It's interesting to see third party games performing better on the PS5 than the Series X. Hopefully, that issue will be solved soon.

Despite this issue, I still would like to get the Series X console forst for games I missed out on like Halo games and Gears games. Would like to try out Forza Horizon 4 as well. Never played a racing sim before. What other games do you recommend getting? :)

The best recommendation I can give is simply to get Gamepass. Not only are Halo 5 and MCC, Gears 4 and 5, and Forza Horizon 4 on there, but literally hundreds of other games, many of which are great. 

But for more recommendations that were console exclusive to Xbox that you will have missed out on most likely: Sunset Overdrive, ReCore, Quantum Break, Crimson Dragon, D4, Killer Instinct, Halo Wars 2. Some of those are on Gamepass, others are not.

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll definitely try out Gamepass as soon as I get the console!

Does the 12 month gold conversion to ultimate still work on series x? Mine is expiring in like 2 weeks.

Undisputed Gamer BAY BAY 

Around the Network
Spade said:

Does the 12 month gold conversion to ultimate still work on series x? Mine is expiring in like 2 weeks.

Somebody here said a few weeks ago that it does. I hope it does, mine expires at the end of December, planning to buy 2 years of Gold and convert them to Gamepass.

Spade said:

It does. I was the one who did it a few weeks ago. I had to call xbox support in the end but it got done. 

Since then the xbox live gold cards have disappeared from retail in my area. Cash in the 3 years if you can.

It can't possibly last much longer. 

For poll question: below expectations. I'm not trying to troll with YUGE expectations either.

1.) For starters, there is something to be said about the sameness of the controller (to an extent). For the company that roared out of the gate with haptic feedback/HD rumble before it was cool, it is weird how much of a missed opportunity it was to not rival the Dualsense here. It doesn't necessarily need the other gimmicks as much; that said, you gotta admit it's tough to convince the general audience that these updates are worth it for another $69. I give them props for the sandpaper-y texture to it, the solid d-pad choice, and so on. Although it's minor, I'm really not a fan of the shrunken size. I can just tell my thumbs are closer together when making specific moves, and that's something I've never liked with PS's symmetrical analog sticks.

2.) In regards to convenience: I've had to jump through strange hoops just to get wifi working. Never had that kind of experience with Xbox One, PS4, PS5, etc. etc.

3.) With the same, comfortable UI still comes annoyances I've with Xbox One's for years. I understand and appreciate their focus on universalizing Xbox as one cohesive thing, but you do wonder what new wrinkles they *could* do to it while maintaining compatibility.

4.) I know they're locked-in to making a cross-gen family at the beginning, but it's still deflating when considering the effort put forth to Xbox One's launch (even though many exclusives were disappointing).

@poll matched em.

I bought a XSS expecting just another Xbox, I adore the new controller, how much quicker games load with quick resume being one of my favourite features this gen and I like the fact they kept the same user interface and store design as they're my favourite iterations so far. From a game point though, it's Xbox as usual and once again I find myself playing older games untill something "new" releases but hey .... I'm playing the last gen port of Dragons Dogma which is one of my favourite games of all time so I don't totally mind. 

"Wheel me out to the curb for garbage day"

"All it takes is one voice to start this, let’s voice the voiceless, let’s arm the harmless"

The kind of games on it matched my expectations, can not say anything about hardware because i do not buy one till it gets some new obsidian en Bethesda games/fable game.