By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Barozi said:

Can finally start the game then.

On the other hand, I just started CoD MW and I'm over 20 hours into Yakuza 7....

I meant to ask you the other day how you were enjoying Yakuza.  When you first brought it up you still only were alone without party members yet.

Last edited by DroidKnight - on 30 June 2021

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

If Phil wants more family friendly content...

1. Revive Viva Pinata with Sumo Digital/Rare, have a few deeper sim elements, a lot more wildlife and environments, it's a title that could be updated for years with new content such as animal packs and new environments, it's an awesome IP and they could even revive the TV Show with Netflix to expand its brand.

2. Make a Banjo remake with either Playful/Rare or Playtonic/Rare, I wouldn't go straight to a sequel yet, it's too risky and would require Gregg's full attention which he can't provide right now as he's fully focused on Everwild, if it's with Playful then a remake is less daunting and a good way to get them more acquainted to the IP, it will also satisfy somewhat, the Banjo fans.

3. Revive 1 vs. 100 with Jackbox Games or their own Alpha Dog Games, have a native mobile version, they could do private rooms for smaller groups or families if they want, or it doesn't have to be 1 vs. 100, they could do any sort of quizzes with Jackbox Games.

4. Revive Fuzion Frenzy, I'm not sure who with, I would also prefer Kung Fu Chaos but that isn't family friendly, Lol. Fuzion Frenzy could be like Microsoft's version of Mario Party, it is definitely family friendly, appeals to multiple age groups as all these suggestions do, could have some cross-game marketing too like skin packs for Xbox characters.

5. Forza Kart Racing, although again, I don't know who would develop it, shame Activision owns Beenox cause those are the only ones coming to mind right now, I suppose Sumo Digital could be a possibility with how big they are, hell Sumo Digital is so big they could probably do Fuzion Frenzy too, Lol but I'm trying to think if there's any better possibilities, anyway, Xbox has enough characters now for a fun kart racer.

There's 5 of the top of my head, I'm sure there's many more.

I mean, I don't disagree with any of these in principle, but you also gotta have a quality dev who's actually interested in making these games. Rare for example could do Viva Pinata, or Banjo if they were so inclined...but clearly, they're not. 

DroidKnight said:
Barozi said:

Can finally start the game then.

On the other hand, I just started CoD MW and I'm over 20 hours into Yakuza 7....

I meant to ask you the other day how you were enjoying Yakuza.  When you first brought it up you still only were alone without party members yet.

I'm having a good time.

The game definitely feels longer than previous Yakuza games. I thought this would be the result of the turn based battle system but infact the story just seems to be a lot longer. It starts rather slow with you slowly exploring the city and its factions.

I'm not fully convinced about the battle system. It's hard to judge what AOE attacks will hit which enemies when they are constantly moving around. Sometimes the camera can't keep up when it moves from one character to the next and in the worst case the enemy will attack you instantly and you have no chance to block. Also there's no way to know which enemy type has a resistance to a certain kind of attack. Don't expect me to remember it as there are so many different enemy types. Similar case with attacks that are very effective towards enemies. While it does show which enemies will take more damage than others, you still have to select the type of attack first. They should've used symbols.

Not a fan of the job system either and the very very limited equipment you can use with each of them.

About 8.5/10 right now.

Last edited by Barozi - on 30 June 2021

shikamaru317 said:

Having issues with my old Xbox One, very annoying. The Home Screen won’t load, the console will turn on, the Welcome Message that appears right before the Home Screen opens shows up, but then it stays on a black screen with the Home Screen not opening. Cold rebooting won’t fix it. Trying a factory reset right now.

Day one? Hopefully you get them resolved.

Barozi said:
DroidKnight said:

I'm having a good time.

The game definitely feels longer than previous Yakuza games. I thought this would be the result of the turn based battle system but infact the story just seems to be a lot longer. It starts rather slow with you slowly exploring the city and its factions.

I'm not fully convinced about the battle system. It's hard to judge what AOE attacks will hit which enemies when they are constantly moving around. Sometimes the camera can't keep up when it moves from one character to the next and in the worst case the enemy will attack you instantly and you have no chance to block. Also there's no way to know which enemy type has a resistance to a certain kind of attack. Don't expect me to remember it as there are so many different enemy types. Similar case with attacks that are very effective towards enemies. While it does show which enemies will take more damage than others, you still have to select the type of attack first. They should've used symbols.

Not a fan of the job system either and the very very limited equipment you can use with each of them.

About 8.5/10 right now.

My take after finishing the game

Story: It's a bit like Yakuza 4 where you have all those new characters and it takes time to get into, I think the story is fine but it seems they dragged it out so much. I am used to 10-30 minutes of cutscene but at the end (point of no return) it was like 1 hour and a half of gameplay mixed with 2 and a half hours of story it was bit to much (lucky we have quick resume).

Gameplay : At first I did not like the idea of the RPG style with jobs but I enjoyed it a lot and thanks to having a party it also better works as a story.  The first chapters you can have some battles and enemies that take a long time to go down but when mix up jobs + extra characters that get introduced it became almost to easy. I loved the new minigames (not going into it for spoilers sake) except the office job minigame that you basically have to complete.  Had no big issues with camera, what annoyed me the most is when a enemy is at the corner of the fight map and each character that you let attack runs to him...hits him...then runs back....and it continues like that...

Completion:  Well this is the first Yakuza game I could complete if I want to put some time in into it.  Except the Western Version has an extra dungeon that the Japanese version not had at the start and it got an extra trophy/achievement.  Again the extra dungeon is doable but it requires basically that every job is maxed leveled so you have to grind for atleast 20-30 hours doing an dungeon over and over.....Don't really seem doing it....Maybe I will but at the moment no....

And then their is an easy simple achievement Honk honk....well for some it is very easy and you can potentially do it in 10 minutes, it requires you to find 5 NPC's sadly they work with RNG and will not be their all the time...Three of them showed up basically immediately but two (after 4 hours of taxing around/fighting so they game would load the map again) simply don't want to appear.  It sucks because you will find tips and threads how to make them show up but just like me you will find people who spend a lot of time (some over 20 hours) who still have not good RNG and well I feel like giving up on it.

Around the Network

Congrats @Ryuu96 on 20,000 posts! Well earned, well deserved!

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gerfrf3qo9I

20k posts... Well done

Are we still above that 1k post a month goal we set back in the beginning?

Ryuu96 said:

This was a nice interview, nothing like 'news' or anything but just a chill interview with an interesting insight into Microsoft, Satya and Sarah, the future Vice President of Gaming when Phil retires 👀

It won't be anytime soon thankfully, looking at his response to that question in IGN's Podcast (Ryan essentially asked him when he's retiring, haha), his response was along the lines of him loving his job and he doesn't seem to have any desire to retire anytime soon but he's making sure to build a strong team around him to take over the mantle one day.

I would drink her tea any time of the day.  With the stalker comment out of the way, nice video.

I thought Booty was next in line?