By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

And this is really amazing to me. I love what Microsoft is doing, esp. because me and my family are using the Microsoft ecosystem for everything. Being able to use apps, play games, on multiple devices without switching to another account or ecosystem is just perfect for me (and without the need to buy it a second time for another platform).

My Xbox console is my main device when it comes to play games even if I have a high end PC, I just prefer to play in my living room on my big TV and I just love the convenience of the Xbox UI/controller. What Microsoft is doing is giving players so many options... 

Loving it :)

Around the Network

The simple problem is that game design will suffer from that. When every game has to work also on XBO then you simply can't design your games to achieve something not possible before.

We didn't have all the dicussions this gen already how Jaguar is holding back the development just to tell devs that even their next gen games need to run with Jaguar in mind. This is not about graphics, fps or resolution, this is about the whole game and how it will be designed.

This old CPU is just a horror

Eh most early games never really show what a console is able to do.
I would totally be fine with them releasing games cross gen at least during the first year.

Look at the games during the first year of the X1's life. Nearly all of them would've been possible on 360 with the exception of Ryse.
I also don't see how MGS V or Rise of the Tomb Raider were held back because of last gen ports. Even Forza Horizon 2 got a 360 port which had next to nothing to do with the X1 version.
For example let's assume Forza 8 will be a launch title. Who says the X1 and Xbox Series X version run on the same engine? The X1 version might as well be Forza 7 with added cars and locations, while the Series X version runs on an advanced engine with raytracing, realistic rain physics and damage models or 50 cars on track.

Barozi said:
Eh most early games never really show what a console is able to do.
I would totally be fine with them releasing games cross gen at least during the first year.

Look at the games during the first year of the X1's life. Nearly all of them would've been possible on 360 with the exception of Ryse.
I also don't see how MGS V or Rise of the Tomb Raider were held back because of last gen ports. Even Forza Horizon 2 got a 360 port which had next to nothing to do with the X1 version.
For example let's assume Forza 8 will be a launch title. Who says the X1 and Xbox Series X version run on the same engine? The X1 version might as well be Forza 7 with added cars and locations, while the Series X version runs on an advanced engine with raytracing, realistic rain physics and damage models or 50 cars on track.

If they develop "two versions" of a game I'm fine with it. If Forza Motorsport will suffer from an XB1 version and I have to wait like 3 more years to get a Forza Motorsport game which really deserves the name "next gen" I will be pretty mad at them. 

Especially this series needs a huge push and not something holding it back because of some shitty CPU which was already bad 10 years ago. 

I'm not bothered if there are no year 1 exclusives but it could become bothersome if there are no year 2 exclusives.

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:
Glad there won't be any xsex exclusives for awhile tbh, don't really want to be forced to upgrade at launch.

I honestly think this will be great for Microsoft and for Xbox players. Microsoft gets revenue from Xbox One S (including All Digital Edition), Xbox One X, Xbox Series X and Lockhart (if that's really a thing). Players get to play 2020 and 2021 games for as low as $149. And I really don't think this decision will really affect performance for games, but I guess we'll find out later this year.

I usually wait 1-2 years before buying a next gen console so no problem with MS's strategy for me.

Speaking of Xsex, are you really calling it that? I'm calling it XSX. If it was "Category X", I'd be able to call it XCX XD

Kinda makes me question getting it day one xD but I probably will regardless. I really was hoping Halo infinite would take full advantage of it 🤔 still can’t believe we haven’t seen any footage

MS cutting off 1st party support for the XB1 in 2021 would really hurt a big percentage of Gamepass subscribers.

if MS wants to continue support beyond 2 years then they should just start buying a ton of Indie exclusives that they can add to Gamepass on both consoles, it’s not like there are many indie titles that require 12 teraflops of power to run anyways many of these games could run on the 360 today.