Slownenberg said:
SKMBlake said:

So your points:

- do it, end of story

-it may be inaccurate, but still

-it is not scentifically correct

-the other way around "doesn't make sense" despite being accurate

-there is no difference overall

My point is no one cares about the technicality of the calendar when talking about decades. Everyone understands decades refers to 0-9, all that matters is the digit in the tens place cuz that is what we are talking about when talking about decades. End of discussion. Now what was this thread about again haha

That's were you are wrong, and why we're having this debate in the first place.

Around the Network

Eh what else is there to say, these numbers are expected and similar to last week.

Just realized; Switch now ahead of PS4 + Xbone combined YTD.

Switch: 19.2m

PS4 + Xbone: 18.7m

curl-6 said:

Can Switch outsell PS4+XB0+PS5+XSX next year though? 

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
curl-6 said:

The remaining Gen 9s when they arrive should sell out whatever their stock (unless the price is stupidly high) is so that's unlikely as the are normally enough early adopters to easily give each platform like 2m each if anything the gen 9s would be what evens things up a bit on the combined front, I can see PS4/X1 being outsold combined though.

Around the Network
Radek said:

I think PS4 can still sell 15 millions in 2020, there will be FFVII Remake, Cyberpunk 2077, TLOU 2 and Ghost of Tsushima to give huge boots to sales, and I think they will announce permanent price cuts for PS4 and PS4 Pro in February when PS5 is revealed.

I don't think PS4 will die off as fast as a lot of people seem to be expecting either. As you say, it still has some big games and leeway for a price cut ahead of it.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 28 December 2019

curl-6 said:
Radek said:

I think PS4 can still sell 15 millions in 2020, there will be FFVII Remake, Cyberpunk 2077, TLOU 2 and Ghost of Tsushima to give huge boots to sales, and I think they will announce permanent price cuts for PS4 and PS4 Pro in February when PS5 is revealed.

I don't think PS4 will die off as fast as a lot of people seem to be expecting either. As you say, it still has some big games and leeway for a price cut ahead of it.

Software releases and price cuts this late have extremely limited effects.

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
curl-6 said:

It's possible that the switch won't be far from outselling all of those combined x2.

Radek said:

I think PS4 can still sell 15 millions in 2020, there will be FFVII Remake, Cyberpunk 2077, TLOU 2 and Ghost of Tsushima to give huge boosts to sales, and I think they will announce permanent price cuts for PS4 and PS4 Pro in February when PS5 is revealed.

You think ps4 sales will increase??? None of those softwares will cause a big sales spike and a price cut can only slow down the decline for a month or two.

Radek said:

The PS4 is just barely limping passed 14 million in 2019. You think it's going to actually be up YoY in the year its successor comes out? No way in hell.

Of the 4 games you listed, the only ones that are going to have moderate, not huge, moderate, boosts to sales are FFVII Remake and Last of Us 2. Cyberpunk is a multiplat game that's going to sell to the over 150 million already existing PS4/XBO users plus PC users. And Ghosts of Tsushima is still TBD. When Last of Us 1 came out in June 2013, it was only a slight boost to PS3 sales.

As for permanent price cuts for both models. I'm afraid at this point it's too little, too late.

Radek said:

If it didnt sell 15 million this year, it sure as hell isn't selling that much next year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.