By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 21 December 2019

Is this thread gonna get locked because of the decades discussion??

I know... my English sucks.

Around the Network
Slownenberg said:
Wow this thread fell apart. People count decades as 0-9. End of story. It may not be the scientifically correct way, but it is the accepted way by everyone. The decade is what the ten-digit starts as, hence it goes from 0-9. This is the end of the 2010s, its pretty obvious that you wouldn't count 2020 as part of the 2010s as that makes zero sense. There is a difference between technically the scientific view of the calendar and what people refer to as decades. Here we are talking about decades, so the decade is ending in a few days when 2020 starts the 2020s. Please for the love of god stop debating this.

So your points:

- do it, end of story

-it may be inaccurate, but still

-it is not scentifically correct

-the other way around "doesn't make sense" despite being accurate

-there is no difference overall

Man, it's so close to overtaking the SNES.

OTBWY said:
Man, it's so close to overtaking the SNES.

Nice try, but this is about calendars and decades now.

Quite sure 2020 is the 3rd decade of 3rd millenium

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Damn I shouldn't have said the D word......

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Is next week likely to be another million plus one for Switch, or will having only 3 of its days pre-Christmas mean a much bigger drop than that?

What the hell with decades. Who the hell cares it's arbitrary. Scientifically, it's all relative

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

curl-6 said:

Is next week likely to be another million plus one for Switch, or will having only 3 of its days pre-Christmas mean a much bigger drop than that?

Last year it did ~780k with only 2 pre-Christmas days so it might be possible.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

SKMBlake said:
Slownenberg said:
Wow this thread fell apart. People count decades as 0-9. End of story. It may not be the scientifically correct way, but it is the accepted way by everyone. The decade is what the ten-digit starts as, hence it goes from 0-9. This is the end of the 2010s, its pretty obvious that you wouldn't count 2020 as part of the 2010s as that makes zero sense. There is a difference between technically the scientific view of the calendar and what people refer to as decades. Here we are talking about decades, so the decade is ending in a few days when 2020 starts the 2020s. Please for the love of god stop debating this.

So your points:

- do it, end of story

-it may be inaccurate, but still

-it is not scentifically correct

-the other way around "doesn't make sense" despite being accurate

-there is no difference overall

My point is no one cares about the technicality of the calendar when talking about decades. Everyone understands decades refers to 0-9, all that matters is the digit in the tens place cuz that is what we are talking about when talking about decades. End of discussion. Now what was this thread about again haha