Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your game of the decade (2010-2019)

Don't forget to explain WHY it's your top pick, folks!

ironmanDX said:
Witcher 3. Never have I been as immersed in a game as the Witcher 3. There are even secondary quests in this game that have a better plot than some games I've played.

Yeah I'm nearing the end of the main quest now and easily one of the things that impressed me the most was the amount of effort put into even the side quests, it's insane how well fleshed out these are, compared to most games where they'd just be some guy saying "go kill 4 blue scorpions down by McDonalds."

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

IT's a toss-up between Bloodborne and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. I love them both equally but for vastly different reasons.

Both are games I regularly return to and love introducing people to.
Both are a lot of fun (But again, for vastly different reasons)
Both have great worlds and lore and writing
Bloodborne has some of the best gameplay and combat in any game ever
Skyrim is great to just curl up and explore/enjoy on a whim

All these years later, I've not gotten sick of either of them yet, despite their performance-related issues.

I got it all, baby! 

PS4, Switch, WiiU, XBO, PC
Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II

demon souls/death stranding.  The two most immersive games i can think of, that drag you out of this world into another realm. 

ironmanDX said:
Witcher 3. Never have I been as immersed in a game as the Witcher 3. There are even secondary quests in this game that have a better plot than some games I've played.

Improved upon everything the Witcher 2 did. I'm going to play them both again, one after another during a dry spell next generation.

I probably spent the most hours on Titanfall. Easily the best multiplayer I've played since halo 3. If it had a more fleshed out campaign, could have been my... GOTG.

Easily the best mp I've played in the decade but the nod goes to the Witcher 3.

Soooo...TitanFall 2?

I got it all, baby! 

Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 6 this generation: 
Bloodborne, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, God of War, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III, Red Dead Redemption II

KratosLives said:
demon souls/death stranding

Demon's Souls was 2009

I got it all, baby! 

Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 6 this generation: 

Around the Network

BotW, when you open your mind to everything that is available to you it is truly unmatched in depth.  Game is the closest yet to "perfection".

Last edited by scottslater - on 03 January 2020

Nintendo with the Switch:

Super Mario Galaxy 2. Yoshi waving goodbye at you when you crawl up the final pole just made me tear up. Needless to say it's the greatest platformer of all time and might as well be the best game ever.

Honestly, hard to choose 1 (also, be surprised about what games came out in 2010 or 11 people forgot about because this gen started in 2013).

Mass Effect 2 - Great Combat, good story and was great to do different playthroughs.
Dragon Age Inquisition - People moan but I loved this, while some bits were to be desired (hate Solas with a passion), I've played it so much over and over, never done a Dwarf run though, ever.
Bloodborne - Just because it's awesome, played it through loads, never did a game + or bought the DLC though.
Horizon: Zero Dawn - I didn't know what to expect but when I got into it I was amazed at how good it actually was, the gameplay is great, story great and it's dang fun to play.

Weird to think FF13 came out in 2010 and I haven't played a new FF game since. That's just sad.

Last edited by The Fury - on 03 January 2020

Hmm, pie.

If I was to pick my personal top 5 or top 10:

Bloodborne
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
God of War PS4
Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2 both
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Dark Souls III and I Remastered
Rock Band 3/4
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Might wanna add like, Pokemon as a franchise since I've loved all of them, especially Sword and Shield.

I got it all, baby! 

Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 6 this generation: 

really hard to tell between:

dark souls
god of war 3
witcher 2
donkey kong tropical freeze
mass effect 2

but I think I will go with dark souls because it shaped my gaming taste for the coming years, while follow up games of witcher and god of war took a bad turn.