By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your game of the decade (2010-2019)

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild hands down. That game was an experience like no other, the joy of exploring Hyrule, stumbling on Koroks, shrines, deviating from your intended destination because you saw something in the distance can't be beat.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
Dark Souls. Nothing this decade has been as influential. From Hollow Knight to Fallen Order, I believe we're only beginning to see the full breadth of titles that will draw heavily from Miyazaki's genius.

On the other hand... holy shit, how Skyrim and the other Bethesda games are aging poorly amid Breath of the WIld, Death Stranding and even Rockstar's open world games.

I never thought I'd say this (especially since I'm not a TES fan), but as much as Skyrim is a letdown compared to older TES games (especially Morrowind and Daggerfall), due to sheer amount of different ways you can play it, it is still better game than BotW (personally rating them 7/10 and 7.5/10 respectively).

Hands down The Witcher 3, it is a masterpiece.

Gaming on:

PC:
Asus Z87-A  |  i7 4770K  |  MSI Radeon RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
G. Skill Ripjaws X Series 32 GB DDR3 2133 mhz  |  WD Blue 1TB SSD & WD Blue HDD 1TB

Consoles:
WiiU
Switch (Docked)
PS 3 / 4

Handhelds:
New 3ds XL
Switch (Portable Mode ;P )

TLOU and The Witcher 3 coming at second

HoloDust said:
haxxiy said:

I never thought I'd say this (especially since I'm not a TES fan), but as much as Skyrim is a letdown compared to older TES games (especially Morrowind and Daggerfall), due to sheer amount of different ways you can play it, it is still better game than BotW (personally rating them 7/10 and 7.5/10 respectively).

I don't know about this, Breath of the Wild can be pretty diverse in the ways you decide to tackle various enemies and challenges, specially once you master the peculiarities of terrain and weather and realize how much damage the runes can inflict. Imagine if you could glide to strike a dragon, or shout a boulder down on your enemies in Skyrim.

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
HoloDust said:

I don't know about this, Breath of the Wild can be pretty diverse in the ways you decide to tackle various enemies and challenges, specially once you master the peculiarities of terrain and weather and realize how much damage the runes can inflict. Imagine if you could glide to strike a dragon, or shout a boulder down on your enemies in Skyrim.

Coming from pen&paper RPGs I can imagine all sort of crazy stuff. Honestly, I find both BotW and Skyrim to be very limited games, each in its own way, but I find Skyrim, due to it being RPG, to have better replayability...and much more content, while we're at it. Ultimately, IMO, they are just decent games, and that's about it.

Yunta said:
Hands down The Witcher 3, it is a masterpiece.

I finished the main story today at exactly 50 hours played. I still don't understand what is so good about it - the controls are too clunky for a 2015 game, the combat is serviceable, the story is meh.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Having just finished Witcher 3 it definitely ranks among my top 10 games of the decade. 

My only real issue was that the last 3-4 hours or so before the final battle kinda dragged, and BOTW had kinda spoiled me in terms of being able to teleport anytime and the world feeling less restricted, but that's not the game's fault as it was made in the pre-BOTW era.

Still a great example of a rich and fleshed out game world with tons to do, most of which is very fun and well made.

HoloDust said:
haxxiy said:

Coming from pen&paper RPGs I can imagine all sort of crazy stuff. Honestly, I find both BotW and Skyrim to be very limited games, each in its own way, but I find Skyrim, due to it being RPG, to have better replayability...and much more content, while we're at it. Ultimately, IMO, they are just decent games, and that's about it.

This might not be adding much to the conversation, but I put Skyrim and Breath of the Wild at my #2 and #3 slots, respectively. No reason we can't enjoy both, they don't have to be in direct opposition of one another. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Skyrim was just too buggy for me. That and the melee combat felt very stiff and unsatisfying. I know it's a popular favourite but honestly I never felt it was that good a game.