Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: W50, 2019 (Dec 09 - Dec 15)

SpokenTruth said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Top 30 looks like 

25 Switch
5 PS4

Doesn't even look like PS4 is in this software-wise either.

But if you check the COMG charts, you'd swear it was the other way around.

What are the COMG charts?

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
SpokenTruth said:

But if you check the COMG charts, you'd swear it was the other way around.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=159902

German YouTuber and Streamer:
StarCraft and Fallout 4 currently.

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon thread

Marth said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Thanks.

I think I ignored those charts, because they aren't a good sales indicator of Switch games.  For example Animal Crossing is not even in the top 20.  I think COMG probably gives an indication of which PS4 games are going to be the most popular though.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Marth said:

Thanks.

I think I ignored those charts, because they aren't a good sales indicator of Switch games.  For example Animal Crossing is not even in the top 20.  I think COMG probably gives an indication of which PS4 games are going to be the most popular though.

Animal Crossing preorders have not opened yet.

We expect them to open in January alongside an AC direct.

Octopath Traveler

Amazon thread

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Marth said:

Thanks.

Animal Crossing is not up for pre-order yet. Nintendo games typically go up for pre-order after a Direct so we should get one early in the year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Marth said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Thanks.

Oh, I see.  Perhaps that is one reason there are fewer Nintendo games on the COMG chart?  PS4 games, like Final Fantasy 7 Remake, go up for preorder a lot earlier than Nintendo games.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Marth said:

Oh, I see.  Perhaps that is one reason there are fewer Nintendo games on the COMG chart?  PS4 games, like Final Fantasy 7 Remake, go up for preorder a lot earlier than Nintendo games.

It's a lot publisher dependant. Nintendo just does not like to open their preorders so early.

But overall COMG does trend more towards Playstation and Otaku games. And often the sample size is to small to really read into it.

But some numbers are still more fun than none :D

Octopath Traveler

Amazon thread

Nintendo really has Japan on lockdown, and I can't see PS5 managing to break their hold. Switch should dominate there unrivaled until Nintendo release its successor.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Japaneses are weird.
I don't understand what they have against home consoles, they are missing amazing experiences.

curl-6 said:

Nintendo really has Japan on lockdown, and I can't see PS5 managing to break their hold. Switch should dominate there unrivaled until Nintendo release its successor.

It's going to be the same as 3ds vs Vita this time for Switch vs PS5. 

PS4 got lucky WiiU and DeadBox were the opponents in the Japan home console market.