Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: W50, 2019 (Dec 09 - Dec 15)

Slownenberg said:
MasonADC said:

Ps4 had a promotion last week, no promotion this week, and a promotion next week. Consumers are just being smart 

Still. PS4 is dead. Non promotional holiday week gets 11k, promotion + holiday week gets 41k....dead. Japan is gonna be dominated by Nintendo from here on out. No way PS5 is gonna do 10 million if PS4 won't even hit 10 million despite having essentially zero competition for 3+ years. The death of home-only consoles is fully realized in Japan.

Anyone think Switch and Pokemon can both hit 300k next week?? It'll be tough!

Software is still alive though so I doubt Sony is that upset

Around the Network

Everything is up this week.  Even Pokemon is up and it's already doing 200k+ a week.  Want to know what the big evergreens in Japan are?  Just look at the top 10.  Take out Sakura Wars and the other 9 games are the big evergreens.  I've never even tried a Fishing Spirits game, but the Japanese seem to really love it.  It's just going to keep selling.  There are probably some evergreens in the 11-15 spots too.

So Nintendo's quality of life ring has fooled the Japanese into thinking a ring can make them fit.

Stood up well to last year's numbers considering Smash was out.

Crazy Pokemon legs, if GameFreak doesnt cut the legs with a 3rd version maybe Sw/Sh can hit 20m??

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Crazy Pokemon legs, if GameFreak doesnt cut the legs with a 3rd version maybe Sw/Sh can hit 20m??

It has been common that the first 3D installment of an IP saw a sales boost for being 3D, provided the game was good. If there won't be another version in 2020, then S/S should comfortably hit 20m lifetime worldwide.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Oh yeah S/S will for sure hit 20 mil. No way another pokemon hits for a third year in a row. Earliest will be holiday 2021. S/S might be at what like 12 million by end of year I'd guess, and will be chasing down Zelda and Mario and Smash next year. I bet all four of those games hit 20 million in 2021.

More than 22 Switches sold for every PS4 this week.

Looks like Ring Fit got a restock. I'd love to know global numbers for that one.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:

More than 22 Switches sold for every PS4 this week.

Looks like Ring Fit got a restock. I'd love to know global numbers for that one.

Considering how well it's selling in Japan, I'm pretty sure it will get at least a mention in the next investor's relations meeting during the quarterly results in January.

Yeah, same, i really wanna know world wide Ring Fit numbers. Looking forward to seeing Switch software numbers published in Jan.