By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: W50, 2019 (Dec 09 - Dec 15)

Top 30 looks like 

25 Switch
5 PS4

Doesn't even look like PS4 is in this software-wise either.

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Top 30 looks like 

25 Switch
5 PS4

These circumtances reminded me of the 3ds domination era, heck even in week 50 of Famitsu sales data, 3ds never had this kind of software domination in the top 30 charts. The best 3ds ever had was in 2016 with 19 Softwares in the top 30. 

LGBTDBZBBQ said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Top 30 looks like 

25 Switch
5 PS4

These circumtances reminded me of the 3ds domination era, heck even in week 50 of Famitsu sales data, 3ds never had this kind of software domination in the top 30 charts. The best 3ds ever had was in 2016 with 19 Softwares in the top 30. 

I think it was due to competition. The Switch has no tough competition right now. Compared to the 3DS which had the Vita, PS3, PS4 and even the Wii U. The only thing stopping the Switch from fully dominating the market is the japanese devs which are continuing to make PS4 exclusives. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Is anything big coming out for PS4 this week? If not its gonna be even more lopsided in the next weeks figures! Those top two PS4 games are brand new and will drop hard on the charts.

SpokenTruth said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Top 30 looks like 

25 Switch
5 PS4

But if you check the COMG charts, you'd swear it was the other way around.

What are the COMG charts?

Around the Network
Marth said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

What are the COMG charts?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=159902

Thanks.

I think I ignored those charts, because they aren't a good sales indicator of Switch games.  For example Animal Crossing is not even in the top 20.  I think COMG probably gives an indication of which PS4 games are going to be the most popular though.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Marth said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=159902

Thanks.

I think I ignored those charts, because they aren't a good sales indicator of Switch games.  For example Animal Crossing is not even in the top 20.  I think COMG probably gives an indication of which PS4 games are going to be the most popular though.

Animal Crossing is not up for pre-order yet. Nintendo games typically go up for pre-order after a Direct so we should get one early in the year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Marth said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Thanks.

Animal Crossing preorders have not opened yet.

We expect them to open in January alongside an AC direct.

Oh, I see.  Perhaps that is one reason there are fewer Nintendo games on the COMG chart?  PS4 games, like Final Fantasy 7 Remake, go up for preorder a lot earlier than Nintendo games.

Nintendo really has Japan on lockdown, and I can't see PS5 managing to break their hold. Switch should dominate there unrivaled until Nintendo release its successor.

Japaneses are weird.
I don't understand what they have against home consoles, they are missing amazing experiences.