By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whats the longest you haven't eaten anything?

how long not eaten

1-4 hours 2 4.00%

5 -10 hours 3 6.00%

11-15 hours 2 4.00%

16 - 20 hours 6 12.00%

20 + hours 37 74.00%

Total:50
John2290 said:
Wow, we live in such a great time that people here from all nationalities, I'm assuming adults, have never gone longer than 24 hours without food. That should be mind blowing but it's normal. Times are the best they have ever been for this fact alone.

Yupp. And even who did, had it for medical or religious reasons. 

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

I usually eat once a day so on average I eat once every 24 hours. To that I sometimes add nibbling of whatever small stuff one can nibble, chips, peanuts, cookies... But not that much, just when I feel a little bit hungry, though not hungry enough to eat a full meal.

I used to eat twice a day and before that, three times a day which is I think the norm. I don't think I could eat 3 times a day ever again, my appetite has gone down over the years and I'm good with that, saves me a lot of money in food.

But to answer your exact question, the longest I once went without eating was 3 days and I won't speak of the details concerning those 3 days. I'll just say it happened only once as far as I can remember.

Most probably like 20 hours, from my memory anyway. As in a period of eating at like 7pm the night before, then on a Saturday just not eating as I forget and then around 3-4pm the next day think, ahhhh crap, I should eat something.

But in that time I've had like 3 cups of tea so...

Last edited by The Fury - on 17 December 2019

Hmm, pie.

Uhm.
From like breakfast until dinner.

Why would I wait any longer to eat anything. :-|

Without eating anything at all? I fast twice a year, the longest I've gone is 3 Days. I did drink water of course.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Wow, we live in such a great time that people here from all nationalities, I'm assuming adults, have never gone longer than 24 hours without food. That should be mind blowing but it's normal. Times are the best they have ever been for this fact alone.

well if people can't I don't expect them to hang out on forums. I am not that positive, while the number of obese people increases we also see a higher number of children without lunch at school and an increase in food banks.

I developed a weird metabolic disorder in 2018. Doctors would prescribed me weird medications that made me feel worse and had -at one point- almost deadly consequences. Anywho, my metabolism is back to normal and my pre type II diabetes are all but gone thanks to a year of intermittent fasting. I fast every day, consuming nothing but teas and coffees during the fast. My fast are anywhere between 20-24 hours. This also indirectly caused me to lose about 20 extra kilos. I'm as thin as I was in high school. Turns out fasting helps the body naturally heal. I've also eventually eliminated refined sugars and flour from my diet. Not to burst your bubble, but what you did in one day, I've done for a year now.

The longest I went without eating was nearly three days when I was technically homeless in 2014.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

kirby007 said:
Pemalite said:

They aren't even remotely the same thing. - I suggest curbing the trolling.

I do intermittent fasting daily, your body becomes accustomed to it and won't create the hunger hormone... And is a common health tool for those who are athletic.
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/intermittent-fasting-guide

The more you know.

Or you know just eat healthy and enjoy 3 meals a day

Or hows about.. No? Eating a single meal is just as healthy as eating 3 meals.

Also makes tracking macros easier.

There are a myriad of reasons why fasting should/could be used, if you don't find value in it, so be it, that is your prerogative, I'm an Athlete and a first responder, physical condition is damn important to me, fasting is the perfect tool for me to achieve my goals.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I went for about 8 days or so. I had west Nile virus and nearly died from it. In that time, I lost over 30 lbs and went from 220 to less than 190 in all... it's the sickest I've ever been in my life. Throwing up non stop, and basically shooting water out the other..... I wouldnt wish that upon anyone. Took me about 2 months to come out of it.

I went over 2 weeks without eating anything due to my body dysmorphia and anorexia.

I involuntarily went about 2 days without eating anything when I was young due to my family being poor.